Can't start Jaguar server - failed assertion

Hello all,

I can no longer start my Jaguar 1.1.1 server after generating some new
stubs.  Below is the output I get when I try to start the server, which
now crashes.  The two lines marked with '*' started appearing a couple
of days ago when I removed the sampleCache connection cache using the
Jag Manager tool (I have never run the sample apps).  A few minutes ago
I recompiled my stubs, brought the server down and tried to bring it up
and got the assertion failure (the line marked with '$') and a visit
from the good Dr. Watson.  I have another test server so I can start
that and get to the Jag Manager tool.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

-mark

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government
 is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR subparagraphs
 52.227-19 (a)-(d) for civilian agency contracts and DFARS 252.227-7013
 (c)(1)(ii) for Department of Defense contracts. Sybase reserves all
 unpublished rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
 Sybase, Inc. 6475 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA.
 Monitoring is fully enabled.
*omx_validate_defs: Bad namelen found in OM_DESCOBJ[0].
*omf_obj_define: Definition validation failed.
 Agent password=4446qr

$assertion failed, file
'Y:\calm\conn\ocs\jagsrv\generic\dispatch\Metadata.cc' line 374
0
Mark

Please open a technical support case.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Mark Mannino wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I can no longer start my Jaguar 1.1.1 server after generating some new
> stubs.  Below is the output I get when I try to start the server, which
> now crashes.  The two lines marked with '*' started appearing a couple
> of days ago when I removed the sampleCache connection cache using the
> Jag Manager tool (I have never run the sample apps).  A few minutes ago
> I recompiled my stubs, brought the server down and tried to bring it up
> and got the assertion failure (the line marked with '$') and a visit
> from the good Dr. Watson.  I have another test server so I can start
> that and get to the Jag Manager tool.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -mark
>
>  Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government
>  is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR subparagraphs
>  52.227-19 (a)-(d) for civilian agency contracts and DFARS 252.227-7013
>  (c)(1)(ii) for Department of Defense contracts. Sybase reserves all
>  unpublished rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
>  Sybase, Inc. 6475 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA.
>  Monitoring is fully enabled.
> *omx_validate_defs: Bad namelen found in OM_DESCOBJ[0].
> *omf_obj_define: Definition validation failed.
>  Agent password=4446qr
>
> $assertion failed, file
> 'Y:\calm\conn\ocs\jagsrv\generic\dispatch\Metadata.cc' line 374

0
David

Can't start X server and can't install NVIDIA display driver when upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2
Hi, all, I upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2 according to official portal "system upgrade". Code: -------------------- #zypper ref -------------------- Code: -------------------- #zypper dup -------------------- After complete, I restart the system, it just can login in by terminate. When I run Code: -------------------- #startx -------------------- Got below message: > > ... > Current version of pixman: 0.18.0 > Before reportign problems, check help http://wiki.x.og > to make sure that you have the latest version. > Ma...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

Can't Start Jaguar Server
The Jaguar server will not start. I receive the following error message: An error occurred in operating the Jaguar server. Please check the console and server log file. Press any key to continue... The only thing that's changed between when Jaguar was working and not working is that I installed the EAF.JAR file (available from Cynergy Systems framework). After deploying that JAR file, installing existing package EAF, and generating/compiling the stubs, I could not start Jaguar server. Any ideas? SRV.LOG contains the following information: Jan 03 07:52:52 2001: 2 Phase Co...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I use jaguar as my webserver. For the internet, i open port 80, and i have no problem to people access my site( i only need port 80 for www access). I want to connect with manager/pb80 from dev pc's, to deploy and administrate jaguar and i hadn't success (Ioop connections). I have a NAT(Cisco) between my pc and de webserver(jaguar). All ports are open and i have success connecting via ftp and others application between my pc and webserver. Only iiop connections (manager, pb8) have no success !! I saw that iiop first opens a connection with jaguar with succes...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

NW6.5SP7 can't see real hardware, can't find VMWare Server virtual devices
I have a server I am trying to nurse along which was struck by a hardware failure a few weeks ago. After replacing the motherboard, for the life of me I cannot get it to detect the second built-in LAN port. It's a generic Intel "SDS2" motherboard, and the Intel CE100B.LAN driver can only find one port in the repaired machine. It always says there is a device conflict when I try to load it again for the other port. When I install Windows 2003 on the exact same hardware using some spare hard drives, Windows is able to find and use both LAN ports without any problem. ...

can't start server
One of our partner encountered error when he try to start server. (ksctinit: connectivity library error. Operation: ct_init() ) Can anyone help jason.lee@aig.com wrote... > One of our partner encountered error when he try to start server. > (ksctinit: connectivity library error. Operation: ct_init() ) > Can anyone help > > > Has the interfaces file (or sql.ini file on NT) been set with the address of the server yet? Have the environment variables also been set? -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

Can't start server
Hi, when I try to start Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Network Server Version 6.0.2.2422 using the following database-name: g:\public\bulgarien\database\bulgarien.db I get an error: Permission denied When I start the same database using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine Version 6.0.2.2422 everything is working. Is it a problem using long file names or a network directory on Network Server Version??? TIA - Stefan Meyer Are you sure that you are specifying a server name before the database path, this is essential for the network server. For example: ...

Can't start Jaguar
Can someone please help me... I can't start jaguar (3.5) and the log produces the following messages: Thanks JAD Oct 26 14:13:17 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_listen(localhost 9002) failed in srv__start_listeners Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed Oct 26 14:13:17 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_listen(localhost 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed Oct 26 14:13:17 2000: SRVLI...

can't start server
i am use ASE 12.5 for Win2000, the errorlog 00:00000:00012:2004/08/08 13:20:04.82 kernel ksfreesocket: Could not find socktab entry for 36371208 00:00000:00012:2004/08/08 13:20:05.04 kernel pc: 0x00A7D8BD os_get_cur_stk_desc+ 0x13a (0x022AF8D8, 0x77E7F0B4, 0x77E717E8, 0xFFFFFFFF) 00:00000:00012:2004/08/08 13:20:05.04 kernel pc: 0x00A7D8BD os_get_cur_stk_desc+ 0x13a (0x022AF8D8, 0x022AF690, 0x0000270F, 0x00000002) 00:00000:00012:2004/08/08 13:20:05.04 kernel pc: 0x00A589EA pcstkwalk+ 0x204 (0x001B001B, 0x00000002, 0x0000270F, 0x00000000) 00:00000:00012:2004/08/08 13:20:05.04 kerne...

Web resources about - Can't start Jaguar server - failed assertion - sybase.easerver