C++/CORBA client connectivity to Jaguar EJB's

We have customers who want to access our Jaguar hosted EJB's from their
C++/CORBA applications (they use Sun/Solaris machines).

We have implemented this, however we need to cleanly deploy this ability to our
customers. We only want to send them the Jaguar generated STUBS and the minimum
files (*.so and *.hpp files etc) necessary for them to connect and call our
Jaguar components. I.E. we need to provide the Jaguar client ORB along with our
STUBS.

We see the jagclient program but this is too large and all-encompasing for our
needs as we only need C++/CORBA support and not COM and JagManager etc.

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Raghu
10/5/2000 8:18:21 PM
sybase.easerver 11371 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
447 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Along with the libjcc.so client ORB and the
stubs it looks like I need a ton of .hpp files.

What are the mandatory/minumum files necessary to get a C++/CORBA client calling
Jaguar EJBs on another box? Along with the stubs what other files must be
distributed?

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:18:21 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.easerver
Raghu Kakarala <interpolate@yahoo.com> wrote: 
>We have customers who want to access our Jaguar hosted EJB's from their
>C++/CORBA applications (they use Sun/Solaris machines).
>
>We have implemented this, however we need to cleanly deploy this ability to our
>customers. We only want to send them the Jaguar generated STUBS and the minimum
>files (*.so and *.hpp files etc) necessary for them to connect and call our
>Jaguar components. I.E. we need to provide the Jaguar client ORB along with our
>STUBS.
>
>We see the jagclient program but this is too large and all-encompasing for our
>needs as we only need C++/CORBA support and not COM and JagManager etc.
>
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Stephen
10/5/2000 8:43:06 PM
I think all you need is the Jaguar.zip file from the jag client. At least, that's
all I included in my JRUN installation which then issues connects to my EAS
components using the jaguar ORB. I may be wrong, and if I am, Dave and others will
jump in here.

regards,
Bill

Stephen Crozier wrote:

> Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Along with the libjcc.so client ORB and the
> stubs it looks like I need a ton of .hpp files.
>
> What are the mandatory/minumum files necessary to get a C++/CORBA client calling
> Jaguar EJBs on another box? Along with the stubs what other files must be
> distributed?
>
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:18:21 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.easerver
> Raghu Kakarala <interpolate@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >We have customers who want to access our Jaguar hosted EJB's from their
> >C++/CORBA applications (they use Sun/Solaris machines).
> >
> >We have implemented this, however we need to cleanly deploy this ability to our
> >customers. We only want to send them the Jaguar generated STUBS and the minimum
> >files (*.so and *.hpp files etc) necessary for them to connect and call our
> >Jaguar components. I.E. we need to provide the Jaguar client ORB along with our
> >STUBS.
> >
> >We see the jagclient program but this is too large and all-encompasing for our
> >needs as we only need C++/CORBA support and not COM and JagManager etc.
> >
> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
-----------------------------------------------------------
Good Links to know, good places to go:

News: Sybase Portal is live - Go http://my.sybase.com

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder C3 maintenance release available (build 8046)
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
-----------------------------------------------------------


0
Bill
10/5/2000 8:49:11 PM
Jaguar/EA Server has 2 installations:

1. Server side installation - this is also the development side. 

2. Client side installation - this is the deployment side only.  It is
expected that this side  should be shipped along with the Application
client. The Application client (C++ for example) would be linked with
libjcc.so (on Solaris [say]). libjcc.so may require other shared
libraries at runtime (if using IIOPS). These extra libraries are part of
the client side deployment version.


So, to answer your question:   Once  the application client has been
built on the server side (since you need to include all the .hpp files),
you probably do not need to distribute the .hpp files to your clients.
You only need the Jaguar Client Installation.


Similarly, if shipping a Java Application Client, you need to use the
jaguar.zip which is included as part of the Jaguar client installation. 




"Bill Green[TeamSybase]" wrote:
> 
> I think all you need is the Jaguar.zip file from the jag client. At least, that's
> all I included in my JRUN installation which then issues connects to my EAS
> components using the jaguar ORB. I may be wrong, and if I am, Dave and others will
> jump in here.
> 
> regards,
> Bill
> 
> Stephen Crozier wrote:
> 
> > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Along with the libjcc.so client ORB and the
> > stubs it looks like I need a ton of .hpp files.
> >
> > What are the mandatory/minumum files necessary to get a C++/CORBA client calling
> > Jaguar EJBs on another box? Along with the stubs what other files must be
> > distributed?
> >
> > On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:18:21 -0400,
> >  in powersoft.public.easerver
> > Raghu Kakarala <interpolate@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >We have customers who want to access our Jaguar hosted EJB's from their
> > >C++/CORBA applications (they use Sun/Solaris machines).
> > >
> > >We have implemented this, however we need to cleanly deploy this ability to our
> > >customers. We only want to send them the Jaguar generated STUBS and the minimum
> > >files (*.so and *.hpp files etc) necessary for them to connect and call our
> > >Jaguar components. I.E. we need to provide the Jaguar client ORB along with our
> > >STUBS.
> > >
> > >We see the jagclient program but this is too large and all-encompasing for our
> > >needs as we only need C++/CORBA support and not COM and JagManager etc.
> > >
> > >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> > >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >
> > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> 
> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Good Links to know, good places to go:
> 
> News: Sybase Portal is live - Go http://my.sybase.com
> 
> Developer stuff on my.sybase.com
> Find things like:
> -- EAServer 3.6 maintenance release is available
> -- PowerBuilder C3 maintenance release available (build 8046)
> -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
> 
> PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> 
> Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
> Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
> -----------------------------------------------------------
0
Vepa
10/5/2000 9:23:25 PM
Thanks. What if you wish to be able to build the C++ application on the
client side?

Vepa V. Sirish wrote in message <39DCF14D.AAAE752D@sybase.com>...
>Jaguar/EA Server has 2 installations:
>
>1. Server side installation - this is also the development side.
>
>2. Client side installation - this is the deployment side only.  It is
>expected that this side  should be shipped along with the Application
>client. The Application client (C++ for example) would be linked with
>libjcc.so (on Solaris [say]). libjcc.so may require other shared
>libraries at runtime (if using IIOPS). These extra libraries are part of
>the client side deployment version.
>
>
>So, to answer your question:   Once  the application client has been
>built on the server side (since you need to include all the .hpp files),
>you probably do not need to distribute the .hpp files to your clients.
>You only need the Jaguar Client Installation.
>



0
Stephen
10/6/2000 1:42:23 PM
Stephen Crozier wrote:
> 
> Thanks. What if you wish to be able to build the C++ application on the
> client side?

then you need $JAGUAR/include/ and libjcc (assuming you have all the
stubs).
Need SSL, then you want the client deployment kit.




> 
> Vepa V. Sirish wrote in message <39DCF14D.AAAE752D@sybase.com>...
> >Jaguar/EA Server has 2 installations:
> >
> >1. Server side installation - this is also the development side.
> >
> >2. Client side installation - this is the deployment side only.  It is
> >expected that this side  should be shipped along with the Application
> >client. The Application client (C++ for example) would be linked with
> >libjcc.so (on Solaris [say]). libjcc.so may require other shared
> >libraries at runtime (if using IIOPS). These extra libraries are part of
> >the client side deployment version.
> >
> >
> >So, to answer your question:   Once  the application client has been
> >built on the server side (since you need to include all the .hpp files),
> >you probably do not need to distribute the .hpp files to your clients.
> >You only need the Jaguar Client Installation.
> >
0
Vepa
10/6/2000 9:04:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

Calling EJB's from EJB's...
When trying to make intercomponet calls, I am receiving an exception: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property: java.naming.factory.initial Here is the offending code, the exeption is generated on the ctx.lookup(): Properties props = sessionContext.getEnvironment(); Context ctx = new InitialContext(props); PersonHome phome = (PersonHome) ctx.lookup("Person"); PersonRemote person = phome.create(); Is this correct? Examples or guidance would be appreciated... Thanks! Aaron ...

Call EAServer's CORBA component using Spring's JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean
Hi, Has anybody succesfully called an EAServer's CORBA component using Spring's JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean? If so, could you give me a hint on how to configure it through a Spring's XML file? Thanks in advanced, Martin ...

Call EAServer's CORBA component using Spring's JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean
Hi, Has anybody succesfully called an EAServer's CORBA component using Spring's JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean? If so, could you give me a hint on how to configure it through a Spring's XML file? Thanks in advanced, Martin ...

Can Jaguar component's method return a chinese string to CORBA client.
If can, how to set up or code. Thank you. Yes! You can set the codeset for the component through the Jaguar Manager (File>Component Properties>General), and for the client using a command-line option (not Java clients, because they already use Unicode). The docs describe the procedures in more detail. These descriptions are spread out in the docs, but you might want to start with Chapter 4 "Defining Packages and Components" and Chapter 13 "Creating CORBA C++ Clients" in the "Jaguar CTS Programmer's Guide." -Sekhar [Sekhar Ravinutala, Pr...

EJB's Calling EJB's and Authentication Problem
I have a web application in EAServer 4.1.3. The user is forwarded to a servlet within my web application which connects to EAServer and authenticates them before forwarding them to a JSP page. The JSP page makes a call to a Session Bean also in EAServer. From my Session Bean I then make calls to another session bean. If i use the following code it does not work, it fails to find the second bean, presumably at authentication because I get the following error: javax.naming.Context ctx = new InitialContext(); Object obj = ctx.lookup("Package/Component"); ComponentHom...

Clairifcation on EJB's Invoking Non-EJB's in App server
I am wondering if you someone from Team Sybase could clarify something for me. In a note below Jonathan Baker replyed to this group saying that the CORBA method on calling a PBNVO from an EJB was the "long way around" and directed the individual with the question to follow the procedure outlined in Chapter 9 of the Jaguar Programmers Guide "Invoking Non- EJB components from an EJB". What would be the pros and cons of either approach? And do you have an idea as to why the Jaguar documentation would only refer to to using the EJB stubs ? ////////// Message pa...

Invalid index error
Hi all. When I go to any of our users who use GW6.5 and click on the checklist folder I get error C00E which states the following fix: C00E Invalid index number Source: GroupWise engine; database services. Explanation: Invalid index number. Possible Cause: When converting a post office from 5.x to 6.x, the post office database (wphost.db) was missing in the post office. Action: Restore the wphost.db file to the post office. Although the conversion does not actually use the old wphost.db file, it does attempt to access a file by that name in order to rename it. ...

'Some character(s) could not be converted into client's character set....'
All-- Received this error from a PB 7.0.3 app running against Sybase 12. One of the suggested workarounds is to run sp_configure against Sybase to enable Unicode. (We are not at all in favor of doing that.) The other alternative is to translate our ANSI-codepage app into Powerbuilder for Unicode. What *is* PowerBuilder for Unicode, and how do we get our hands on it? Is it an add-on, or is it bundled with the ANSI version? TIA, Matt Seltzer IT Tech Analyst, EMI Recorded Music, NA Matt.Seltzer@emicap.com ...

Jaguar's component's
Hello: I add Jaguar HTMLGenerator commponet's code.set properity that set to "iso_1" in order to use Chinese.It can work correctly. But when I restarted JaguarCTS and queryed data using HTML DataWindow yesterday,the Chinese was confused,but the English was correct.It has been still incorrect though I reinstalled Jaguar or set code.set again. What should I do? Thanks! Barkely ...

When EJB's and ASP's collide...
I'm working on a design for a "single sign-on" architecture. What I have in mind is an EJB with methods that use JNDI to talk to an LDAP server to return either a string that indicates a user's security profile for a given application or name/value pairs indicating the users security profiles for all supported applications. Some of the applications using this might be built on Active Server Pages. Is there any support for ASP clients to EJB's? If not I'm thinking about a PowerBuilder component that can be called from an ASP via CORBA and act as a bridge to...

EJB's and PB NVO's
We are currently on a migration path to full J2EE. Today we have a number of PB NVO's and now we are slowly converting them to EJB's. It is going to be impossible to convert everything to EJB's in one release. So, we are developing a migration plan. My question is, what is the best way to call a PB NVO from an EJB. Should I use the sessionManager? Or is there better method to instantiate NVO'? Short code samples would be a great help. Thanks in advance for the help. -mark Generate EJB stubs for the PB NVO and call them like they were an EJB. Now when a...

Urgent
Hi everyone, I use jaguar as my webserver. For the internet, i open port 80, and i have no problem to people access my site( i only need port 80 for www access). I want to connect with manager/pb80 from dev pc's, to deploy and administrate jaguar and i hadn't success (Ioop connections). I have a NAT(Cisco) between my pc and de webserver(jaguar). All ports are open and i have success connecting via ftp and others application between my pc and webserver. Only iiop connections (manager, pb8) have no success !! I saw that iiop first opens a connection with jaguar with succes...

KDE's network manager won't connect but GNOME's will
Hi, I tried KDE for the first time a few days ago, after using GNOME for the 7 months I've been a linux user. I installed a fresh OpenSuSe 11.1 i586 KDE4.1 on my HP pavilion dv5035nr laptop. I found it beautiful. But I ran into trouble with the network manager. It wouldn't connect to my wireless network (even though it listed it). I tried it with my University's wireless network and it was able to connect (since the password verification for this is done using a web browser). This issue and a problem with the mp3 codecs as well as not being able to disable my touc...

Web resources about - C++/CORBA client connectivity to Jaguar EJB's - sybase.easerver

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...

Resources last updated: 1/9/2016 9:25:18 AM