ASA6 and ADO (& ASP)

Has anyone out there been successful with connecting to an ASA 6.0
database through ADO?  I tried using VB6, and although it did seem to
connect, I got an error opening the connection ("Driver's
SQLSetConnectAttr failed").  More importantly I was trying to connect to

the database through an ASP page with IIS 4.0.  When I try connecting
through the ASP Page, the ASP Script times out waiting for the
Connection.Open statement to return.  (The same statement that returns
the error in VB6).  By the way we are using ASA 6 - EBF 806 if it makes
a difference...

Thanks for any info...
Tim

0
Tim

Application & Session in ASP.NET & ASP
are Application and Session object allowed to be shared between .asp and .aspx pages? A few questions: 1- global.asa vs global.asax: which should be used? 2- current dev environment = asp with VBScript / asp.net with C#: in asp with VBScript Application object = Application("name") in asp.net with C# Application object = Application["name"] does this point to the same application object and (would it be the same for Session as well?) 3- is this a common practice to have both asp and asp.net pages for the same site? I would assume that ...

ASP.NET & SQLserver process going over 600megs
Hi everyone, On my server, I seem to have a problem with the aspnet_wp process getting over 630megs, which forces it to recycle (and make an entry in my error log). I have 1gig of ram on the server, and I guess it allows it 60%. I notice if I recycle the process (kill it in taskmanager), it grows and grows slowly as people access my apps, but never goes down in size. I also notice my SLQserver process grows to about 200megs when the aspnet process gets to about 600megs, so I am wondering if I have an open connection on my DLL? The main app for the box is installed in the GAC...

asp:Wizard && XHTML 1.1 && W3C
Hi there! I'm trying to validate a cms, that use asp:Wizard control.The validation fails on the "finish button" in the StepType="Complete" WizardStep, that is disabled. # Error Line 428 column 118: there is no attribute "disabled". ....arList_ctl02_SideBarButton" disabled="disabled">Finale</a></td> How can i fix it?Is there any possibility to hide it?ThanksStefano  give it a shot. I am not sure if it will work or not! disabled="True">-Syed Moshiur Murshed I didn't understand you reply, but I solved it with removing the side bar: DisplaySide...

asp:Hyperlink onClick: & -> &amp;
probably an easy thing, but I canot figure it out: I have a "printer friendly" icon as a Hypelink control on my page. The printer friendly page is the same as the current page, except that I replace the masterpage and the style sheet to make it printer friendly. The page should open up in a new window. The print condition is detected via the queryparameter. So far so good, the printer friendly page works fine, just the link doesn't:<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink3"                ImageUrl="...

LDAP &amp; ASP.Net Error &quot;Network Path Not Found&quot;
Hi I'm trying to authenticate the Email id with the LDAP server. The attached code works fine if i run with Console application or Windows application. But I'm getting an error if i make it as ASP.net Web application. "SearchResultCollection ResEnt = mySearcher.FindAll();" this method throws "Network Path Not Found" Error. Please help me out! is there any settings needs to be done? DirectoryEntry entry = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://CMRNT029:389/O=TRW"); DirectorySearcher mySearcher = new DirectorySearcher(entry); mySearcher.Filter = &quo...

Concurrency in ASP.net & ADO.net
Hi everyone,I read an article in msdn that microsoft visual studio .net 2003 is using the optimistic model for dealing with concurrency issues.Well do they mean by this that visual studio handles by itself this problem by locking the database or selected record or just supports this model and it's up to the programmer to lock the record or database? I appreciate too if you can give me a simple example about how concurrency works in asp.net.Thank you in advance...

ASP & ASP.NET
Hi all, I'm migrating my website software, but my website is too big to upgrade all in one time. So actually, I've got on the same website, my old application(ASP) & then new one (ASPX). I've got one global.asa, and one global.asax & web.config. Unfortunately, the two don't work together (but separately, they works) any idea ? Thanks in advance. Séb In this thread, ericday provides a considered answer to your question. I hope this helps.Alister I'm sorry, but I don't want to import some text from another website but create a coexistence between my two c...

ASA 8.0, ADO, & ASP
I am currently building COM+ data components via visual basic that establish connections to my Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0. These components are called from within my ASP scripts and utilize Microsoft ADO 2.5. Initially the connections work, but after a few times, I start to receive a "catastrophic error" whenever I try to establish another connection. Please help. There was an error like this reported fixed in Build 2264 or later. Perhaps if you updated to a later build to see if that helps. /ck <jogans@thinkhp.com> wrote in message news:52C603BA6C54203000...

asp & asp.net
hi all does anyone have an idea about how to make Asp read from asp.net cookies and asp.net read from asp cookie coz i have site contain asp pages and aspx and i want to make sing sign on link hereRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

Sql Anywhere ODBC and Microsoft ADO & ASP
I am trying to get A simple ASP Connection Script to work. But seem to have problems with connection to the SqlAnywhere data source. Set connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") connection.Open "DSN;UID;PASSWORD" Seems to die at Open statement Any thoughts out there akessel@aol.com Andy Kessel Make sure the DSN is a system DSN not a user DSN. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** ...

ASP.net 2005 & GridView & SqlDataSource & no records returned
Gang: Before I left on vacation, the application was querying the SQLSVR using the old DataGrid way: gvSearch.DataSource = clsOrder.Search(txtSearch.Text, "text").Tables(0) Call sp in business layer from code behind gvSearch.DataBind() When I got back, I tried to implement the new GridView way (design view) so we could take advantage of the automatic paging & sorting. It didn't work, so I assumed I did something wrong & went back to the old way. That wasn't working either with the code being returned to pre-vacation condition. What could be causing no erro...

Limitation on Conn.Execute in classic .ASP & ADO with SQL Server
Hello, I have a project (using classic ASP & SQL Server) which adds one execute sql statement at a time to a temporary array, and then I join that array with a chr(30) (record separator), to a string variable called strSQL. I then run the following line of code: conn.execute(strSQL) I was wondering if there was any limitation to how large the strSQL variable can be? Reason I ask is because thru log writes I can see all of my sql execute lines exist in the variable strSQL prior to running the "conn.execute(strSQL)" command; however, not all of the lines run at the ti...

How to share cookies between Classical ASP, ASP 1.1 & ASP 2.0
Hi All  How to share cookies between Classical ASP, ASP 1.1 & ASP 2.0? I want to slowly migrate my application (developed in both classical ASP and ASP 1.1) to ASP.NET 2.0? I created on application in ASp.Net 2.0 and It has one login form using forms-authentication and it works fine. Now I have already developed ASP(CLassic ASP) page in same application. Can ASP page read the cookies?  RegardsJwalin It should be seamless.Nilesh DeshpandeMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, SCJPFuture is here, it's just not widely distributed yet. Cookies will be the same for all but y...

Web resources about - ASA6 and ADO (& ASP) - sybase.easerver