active connection in connection cache keep on increasing

I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on
increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the
processes completed. How can I resolve this issue?

0
Lee

Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object?

Andr�.

Lee Sung Shing wrote:

> I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on
> increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the
> processes completed. How can I resolve this issue?

0
Andre
6/12/2000 2:05:10 PM
Yes, every time my object gets deactivated. The object have auto-demarcation
option checked.

Andre Luiz M C Neto <andre@tecban.com.br> wrote in message
> Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object?
>
> Andr�.
>
> Lee Sung Shing wrote:
>
> > I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep
on
> > increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the
> > processes completed. How can I resolve this issue?

0
Lee
6/13/2000 4:04:47 AM
Lee,

Which version of jaguar?  what component type.

Scott

"Lee Sung Shing" <sungshing@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message
> Yes, every time my object gets deactivated. The object have
auto-demarcation
> option checked.
>
> Andre Luiz M C Neto <andre@tecban.com.br> wrote in message
> > Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object?
> >
> > Andr�.
> >
> > Lee Sung Shing wrote:
> >
> > > I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache
keep
> on
> > > increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the
> > > processes completed. How can I resolve this issue?

0
Scott
6/13/2000 3:16:34 PM
I'm using jaguar 3.5 right now. I creating my component using PowerBuilder.

Scott McReynolds [Sybase] <scottmc@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Lee,
>
> Which version of jaguar?  what component type.
>
> Scott
>
> "Lee Sung Shing" <sungshing@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message
> > Yes, every time my object gets deactivated. The object have
> auto-demarcation
> > option checked.
> >
> > Andre Luiz M C Neto <andre@tecban.com.br> wrote in message
> > > Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object?
> > >
> > > Andr�.

> keep
> > on

0
Lee

Keeping Connection Cache DB Connection Live
I am finding that my DB connection (using connection caches) is being disconnected by the database. I belive this is because of inactivity. I can't think of any other reason why this would happen. To try to solve this problem I wrote a PB service component which connects to each connection cache and runs a query every 20 minutes. However, I am still getting Not Connected errors after Jaguar has been up over night. Do I need to run queries against each "instance" of a connection cache (is that the right term?). If so, how do I do this? TIA, Matt Have you t...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Negative Value for Connections Active in Monitoring Connection Caches
I just found the oddest thing. I had an error with a component. When I looked in the Jaguar log I found a message saying something line 'connection not open' relating to one of my connection caches. When I looked at that connection cache under runtime monitoring I found that the active value was -2. This is probably related to another issue where I was getting DB connection problems between components. I was testing the cause out by making two of the components non-pooled. I thought this might force the transaction to commit when my code was obviously missing something s...

not connected when I am connected

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

connecting to wrong connection cache
Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection cache ? we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event. this is our dbparm : Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED' what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using easerver 4.2 thanks for anyadvice Matt Hi, Matt, What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with a name othe...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

jdbc connection cache vs client library connection cache
I see options for Client Library to encrypt data by passing the information to the DBMS. But I don't see similar options for JDBC. Are the Sybase 11.0 encryption options only available through the Client Library driver? TIA, Tim The encryption you see of OpenClient is only to encrypt the password. The rest of the stream is i the clear. jConnect can go inside of SSL but you need to tunell, and detunnel etc etc. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message news:38ac2dbf@news.qgraph.com... > I see options f...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

HELPHELP - cannot connect to connection cache
Hi, I cannot connect to my connection cache, see an extract of my srv.log file: .... Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: `�, . Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: Cannot connect .... Whats wrong ? I installed EA Studio 3.0 then updated to 3.5. The OS is Windows NT 4.0 Server. Thank you for any h...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

Get connection from connection cache ??? #2
Hi, I am do all the setting for the connection cache and can look up the connection from JNDI space by : DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource) nameCntxt.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myAlias2DB"); Connection con = ds.getConnection(); Do it mean that I can get connection from the connection cache ??? when I close the con, the connection will be released ??? Thanks in Advanced !!! Answers inline... -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "Penny" <penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fdHbgpvLBHA.202@forums.s...

Web resources about - active connection in connection cache keep on increasing - sybase.easerver

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

The Direct Connection

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...