Unable to use EAServer with Powerbuilder 8.03

When a row is deleted from the client and passed to the server in a blob,
upon the server unloading the blob the deleted row is not available.  Went
back to 8.02, and it worked fine.
0
Alan_Simpson
10/18/2002 2:44:04 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This has been posted in several newsgroups already, maybe it's time for
CaseExpress?
0
Philip_Salgannik
10/18/2002 2:49:16 PM
We delete rows using Get/SetFullState. Can you post your code?

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO

<Alan_Simpson> wrote in message
> When a row is deleted from the client and passed to the server in a blob,
> upon the server unloading the blob the deleted row is not available.  Went
> back to 8.02, and it worked fine.

0
Dean
10/18/2002 6:35:26 PM
THIS IS THE CODE.. WORKS IN PB 8.0.2
IN PB 8.0.3 THE SERVER SIDE HAS NO ROWS IN DELETED BUFFER
THE CLIENT DWO RETRIEVES 1 ROW BASED ON AN ARGUMENT

CLIENT SIDE CODE
//***************************************
//      populate the blob with the current user changes

THE RETURN FROM THIS IS 1... 1 DELETED ROW
THE DW NO LONGER HAS ROWS IN PRIMARY BUFFER

ll_return = this.getchanges(lblb_changes)
if ll_return < 0 then
                messagebox('client u_dw_maintenance of_update',&
                'getchanges return failure code is ' + string(ll_return))
                return -1
end if

//      call the server object to update the database
if in_table_io.of_update(lblb_changes,is_dwo_updatename) > 0 then
                //      update successful so refresh client dw buffers and
statuscodes
                this.resetupdate()
                //      set properties of key column
                this.of_rowstatus()
                return 1
end if

SERVER SIDE

long ll_return, ll_update_ind
//      assign the proper dwo
this.of_init(as_dwo)

//      Applies changes captured with GetChanges from the client
//              note blob is passed by reference
ll_return = ids_data.setchanges(ablb_data)
//**************************
AT THIS POINT THE DELETED ROW COUNT IS ZERO

if ll_return > 0 then
//      modify the database
        ll_update_ind = ids_data.update()
else
        return ll_return
end if

//***************************
//transaction manager stuff

if its.IsInTransaction (  ) then
        iel.log('n_table_io of update in a transaction')
        if ll_update_ind > 0 then
                //      if update was successful
                //      database update was successful so commit the
changes
                //      iel.log('~r~nserver n_table_io of_update -
setcomplete')
                //      vote to accept tx
                its.setcomplete()
        else
                //  unsuccessful
                //      iel.log('server n_table_io of_update - set abort')
                //      vote to reject tx
                its.setabort()
        end if
else
        iel.log('n_table_io of update transaction free')
end if

//      return value of update will tell calling
//              routine if update was successful
return ll_update_ind

//******************************

0
alan_simpson
10/21/2002 10:26:01 PM
Alan,
There appears to be a bug in 8.0.3 where deleting via the HTMLDW does not
work. I have reported this as a case.

Please contact support on this issue.

Joe

alan_simpson wrote in

> THIS IS THE CODE.. WORKS IN PB 8.0.2
> IN PB 8.0.3 THE SERVER SIDE HAS NO ROWS IN DELETED BUFFER
> THE CLIENT DWO RETRIEVES 1 ROW BASED ON AN ARGUMENT
>
> CLIENT SIDE CODE
> //***************************************
> //      populate the blob with the current user changes
>

> THE RETURN FROM THIS IS 1... 1 DELETED ROW
> THE DW NO LONGER HAS ROWS IN PRIMARY BUFFER
>
> ll_return = this.getchanges(lblb_changes)
> if ll_return < 0 then
>                 messagebox('client u_dw_maintenance of_update',&
>                 'getchanges return failure code is ' +
>                 string(ll_return)) return -1
> end if
>

> //      call the server object to update the database
> if in_table_io.of_update(lblb_changes,is_dwo_updatename) > 0 then
>                 //      update successful so refresh client dw buffers
>                 and
> statuscodes
>                 this.resetupdate()
>                 //      set properties of key column
>                 this.of_rowstatus()
>                 return 1
> end if
>

> SERVER SIDE
>
> long ll_return, ll_update_ind
> //      assign the proper dwo
> this.of_init(as_dwo)
>

> //      Applies changes captured with GetChanges from the client
> //              note blob is passed by reference
> ll_return = ids_data.setchanges(ablb_data)
> //**************************
> AT THIS POINT THE DELETED ROW COUNT IS ZERO
>
> if ll_return > 0 then
> //      modify the database
>         ll_update_ind = ids_data.update()
> else
>         return ll_return
> end if
>

> //***************************
> //transaction manager stuff
>
> if its.IsInTransaction (  ) then
>         iel.log('n_table_io of update in a transaction')
>         if ll_update_ind > 0 then
>                 //      if update was successful
>                 //      database update was successful so commit the
> changes
>                 //      iel.log('~r~nserver n_table_io of_update -
> setcomplete')
>                 //      vote to accept tx
>                 its.setcomplete()
>         else
>                 //  unsuccessful
>                 //      iel.log('server n_table_io of_update - set
>                 abort') //      vote to reject tx
>                 its.setabort()
>         end if
> else
>         iel.log('n_table_io of update transaction free')
> end if
>

> //      return value of update will tell calling
> //              routine if update was successful
> return ll_update_ind
>
> //******************************

0
Joe

EAServer 4.2 and Powerbuilder 8.03
I am trying to deploy the SybInsure Sample Web application locally on My PC but I am getting the Output Message; ---------- Deploy: Deploy of target Web DynamoDeployment: Building... Web - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s) Deploying... ObjMod80.ssc Enquiry.htm ..... bla bla bla.............. SybInsure.htm UnderConstruction.htm Deploying Connections... Could not connect to the Dynamo DB Web Deployed - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ---------- Finished Deploy of target Web What checks can I perform to get the application deployed to Dynamo. Thanks, Leslie Verify that you can conne...

EAServer App using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am a PB client/server developer having a good understanding of client/server design issues. But when it comes to WEB app, I am not having a good understanding of underlining concepts. like How people do authentication in WEB(in Client server we do this by making connection to Database, but in web app this does not looks practical. A web app should use some chched conections to databasewhich every user connection should use) I would really appreciate if some one could guide me where I could find a sample application (kind of getting started using EA Server and PB not...

Different between EAServer and PowerBuilder 8
Hi, Can i ask what is EAServer and What is the different between EAServer and PowerBuilder 8. Thanks Lai LAI wrote: > Hi, > > Can i ask what is EAServer and What is the different between EAServer and > PowerBuilder 8. From sybase.com EAServer: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sybase Enterprise Application Server (EAServer) - a multi-component, cross-platform application server for building applications and web services with J2EE, PowerBuilder, XML, CORBA and much more. For more info: http://www.sybase.com...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

How to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer?
I want to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer,But after Read Sybase'documents,I still can't find a clear steps,I need a simply clear Steps,SOS,Who can Help me? -- Qianhaiyuan (Mr.) Gotop System Mobile:13307113338 Phone:027-87561071-238 eMail: qianhy@egotop.com MSN: qianhy2@hotmail.com Pseudo/actual code with minimal error handling icn_jaguar.location = 'iiops://my_server_address:9001' //get ssl service provider ll_rc = getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", l_sslsp ) if ll_rc <> 1 then error // Set the QOP ll_rc = l_s...

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

Unable to Print EAServer Components from PowerBuilder
Cannot print EAServer components from PowerBuilder vers. 8.0.3 but can print non-EAServer custom class objects. I'm not sure what you are asking. On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:14:26 -0400, *JT wrote: >Cannot print EAServer components from PowerBuilder vers. 8.0.3 but can >print non-EAServer custom class objects. Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Preach the gospel at all times. If ...

How to configure both server and client with using EAServer and PowerBuilder?
Hi, If I am using PowerBuilder version 8.0.3 Build 9704 & EAServer version 3.6.1 Build 36108, how can I configure both the server and client setting so that I can use web-site to access the database for reporting purpose. Thanks! ...

Installing PowerBuilder 8 and EAServer on Win 2000
I am having trouble installing PowerBuilder 8 and EAServer (CTS 3.6.1) on Win 2000. When I open Sybase Central (Java version) the Jaguar Manager plugin is not available and I can't work out why or how to register it by another method. I can start Jaguar CTS fine. Hi! Couldn't you upgrade to the newest version? 3.6.1 is a bit old... If I remember it you have to choose the following classes (register plugins) %JAGUAR%\html\classes\GuiPlugIns\com\sybase\jaguar\management\scp\JaguarProv ider\JaguarProvider.class %JAGUAR%\html\classes\GuiPlugIns\com\sybase\jaguar\m...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Unable to use Easerver with PB 8.0.3
This message was posted in October 2002 and have had no response since being asked to post the code... Note: this is a standard distributed process - NOT including any web tie ins. When a row is deleted from the client and passed to the server in a blob, upon the server unloading the blob the deleted row is not available. Went back to 8.02, and it worked fine. THIS IS THE CODE.. WORKS IN PB 8.0.2 IN PB 8.0.3 THE SERVER SIDE HAS NO ROWS IN DELETED BUFFER THE CLIENT DWO RETRIEVES 1 ROW BASED ON AN ARGUMENT CLIENT SIDE CODE //*************************************** // ...

Web resources about - Unable to use EAServer with Powerbuilder 8.03 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles