Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer

Hello everybody,
I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database , the
value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server ,
I can fix it by setting DB profile�G
Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors
I can set it to  �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display
correct value.
But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this
property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How can
I fix this problem in informix7 database?
Thanks a lot.

0
benshian
10/2/2002 5:31:48 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Modify your pbodb70.ini or pbodb80.ini file

org
[INFORMIX_SPECIALDATATYPES]
SpecialDataTypes='MONEY=DBI_TYPEMONEY=100,SERIAL=DBI_TYPEINT=101'

modified
[INFORMIX_SPECIALDATATYPES]
SpecialDataTypes='MONEY=DBI_TYPEMONEY=100,SERIAL=DBI_TYPEDECIMAL=6;0,INTEGER
=DBI_TYPEDECIMAL=6;0,SMALLINT=DBI_TYPEDECIMAL=6;0'

After modifying, regenerate your datewindow and redeploy your server
components.
And restart your EAServer ....

"benshian" <benshian@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hello everybody,
> I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database ,
the
> value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server
,
> I can fix it by setting DB profile�G
> Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors
> I can set it to  �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display
> correct value.
> But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this
> property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How
can
> I fix this problem in informix7 database?
> Thanks a lot.

0
Euikeun

Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Connection cache problem with EAServer 4.2.2
Hi, We are running EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) on Win2k. I am getting the following message in my server log: Jun 02 18:13:06 2005: Maximum number of connections for POL cache exceeded POL is the name of the cache. As far as I understand there is only one setting controlling the pool maximum size: com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolsize.max That one is synonymous to com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.cachesize. That is for the pool only. Is there a setting controlling the maximum number of connections in 4.2, like com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolmanager.maxconnection in 5.0? If...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

EAServer Connection caches
We are planning to have an application in Appeon with EAServer. We are going to rent the application to our customers, so each customer will have its own database, so I will need one connection cache for each database. If I have 1000 customers using the application, I would need 1000 connection caches, will EAServer support as many connections ? Thanks Hi, I consulted a consultant of Sybase before regarding this one. He said one of his projects has 6000 connection caches. Therefore, EAServer supports as many as 6000 connection caches. By the way, EAServer is version 5. I...

EAServer connection problems
HI! I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i get an erros: "SYJ is not in EAServer. Cannot connect". How can i resolve this problem? Deolinda Use the "SYC" driver when running PB outside EAServer. /MicK Michael Kramer, SPS Danmark <05/28/02> wrote in message news:FBD04EC5F895297500764D8985256BC7.00764D9D85256BC7@webforums... > HI! > > I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i get an erros: > "SYJ is not in EAServer. Cannot connect". > > How can i resolve this problem? >...

PowerBuilder or EAServer problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C810B4.E1DCF0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not sure if I'm running into a PowerBuilder or EAServer issue but here's = the problem (I'm thinking it's PB) I have a Dell D620 laptop with both a wired NIC and Wireless NIC. While = at work I typically have both connected to "a" network. The wired is = always connected to our domain, the wireless may be connected to the = domain or connected to our external "...

EAServer connection Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub42f49d11 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to the EAServer . I am using EAServer 5.0 , While connecting to EA Server Manager it rheows error for connection as shown in attached Image . Can anyone tell me how to remove this error ? Thanks Shweta ---=_forums-2-dub42f49d11 Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="errormsg.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="errormsg.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQ...

EASERVER CONNECTIVITY HAVING PROBLEM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub4160202c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ORG.OMG.CORBA_COMM_FAILURE . PLS HELP ---=_forums-2-dub4160202c Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Doc2.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Doc2.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB AAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAMgAAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAC8AAAD///////////// //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////...

EAServer connection cache
I Can create jaguar connection cache . But i am not able to ping it. It gives error mesage. Indus In article <97F45D4374AB01230043313185256B19.004331B485256B19 @webforums>, Indus says... > I Can create jaguar connection cache . > But i am not able to ping it. > It gives error mesage. > Indus > What is the error message? Also what are your settings for the connection cache? Have you tried restarting the server? Mark -- Mark Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. mpfeifer at sprynet.com www.ctpartners.com ...

EAServer connection problems
Hi, I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i guet the error: "SYJ not in EAServer. Cannot conect" How can i resolve this? thanks Deolinda Hi, Do you find the pbsyj80.dll on your system (%sybase%/shared/powerbuilder)? On Tue, 28 May 2002 14:11:21 -0400, in sybase.public.easerver.j2ee <2002_05_28> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i guet the error: >"SYJ not in EAServer. Cannot conect" > >How can i resolve this? > >thanks >Deolinda Berndt htt...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

Web resources about - Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack