Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache

Hello everybody!

I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a
"Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection
cache.

When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get
the following error-message:
User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999;
ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache.
The connection cache was not found.

My PowerBuilder-Code is:
SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM"
SQLCA.LogPass = "******"
SQLCA.LogId = "******"
SQLCA.Lock = "RC"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
Driver='oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL='jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunorc1:1521
:OPCP'"

Establishing a connection to the same database with ODBC works correctly
(but I have to use JDBC).

I�m using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (10047) and Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 C1.
I tried all possible Transaction-Supports (Not Supported, Supports,
Requires, Requires New), always the same.
I have installed another connection cache to a another Oracle-Database.

Thanks for help
Andreas Bruckner

0
Andreas
7/23/2001 3:28:36 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you MUST have a connection cache defined to make a JDBC connection
from PowerBuilder.  I am not certain of why that's the case, but I do
recall one of our engineers saying that was a requirement.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:28:36 +0200, "Andreas Bruckner"
<andreas.bruckner@i-one.at> wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a
>"Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection
>cache.
>
>When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get
>the following error-message:
>User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999;
>ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache.
>The connection cache was not found.
>
>My PowerBuilder-Code is:
>SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM"
>SQLCA.LogPass = "******"
>SQLCA.LogId = "******"
>SQLCA.Lock = "RC"
>SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>SQLCA.DBParm =
>Driver='oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL='jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunorc1:1521
>:OPCP'"
>
>Establishing a connection to the same database with ODBC works correctly
>(but I have to use JDBC).
>
>I�m using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (10047) and Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 C1.
>I tried all possible Transaction-Supports (Not Supported, Supports,
>Requires, Requires New), always the same.
>I have installed another connection cache to a another Oracle-Database.
>
>Thanks for help
>Andreas Bruckner

0
joneil

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Problem using JDBC connection cache
Hi, Following Dave Wolf's presentations at the ISUG conference last week I decided to use a JDBC connection cache in the application I am developing in preference to the OCI 7.x one I was using which had been problematic. However, I cannot get a JDBC one to work. A normal JDBC connection through the DB Profile part of PowerBuilder 7.02 works fine. Here is the situation in case anyone can shed any light on it. Database is Oracle 8.1.5.0.0. JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK fr...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

jdbc connection cache vs client library connection cache
I see options for Client Library to encrypt data by passing the information to the DBMS. But I don't see similar options for JDBC. Are the Sybase 11.0 encryption options only available through the Client Library driver? TIA, Tim The encryption you see of OpenClient is only to encrypt the password. The rest of the stream is i the clear. jConnect can go inside of SSL but you need to tunell, and detunnel etc etc. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message news:38ac2dbf@news.qgraph.com... > I see options f...

Web DataWindow: Using EAServer JDBC connection cache with SetTrans
I'm trying to figure out how to use a JDBC connection cache with the Web DataWindow. Using EAS5, I have a connection cache that pings. According to documentation I should use the param "JDS", but the datawindow will not retrieve any data. My code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass","com.sybase.CORBA.ORB"); ORB orb = ORB.init((String[]) null, props); Manager manager = ManagerHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object("iiop://ppcjstilliny2k:9000")); ...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

Connection to Oracle using JDBC Connection
Hi, I'm trying to test a connection to Oracle using Jdbc driver. Can anyone provide me an example of who to this in PB? I just need to know exactly what are the parameters I need to set for the transaction Object. Thanks, Jos=e9 // Profile OracleJDBC SQLCA.DBMS =3d "JDBC" SQLCA.LogPass =3d <******> SQLCA.LogId =3d "oracleuser" SQLCA.AutoCommit =3d False SQLCA.DBParm =3d "Driver=3d'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL=3d'jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:orasid' ,DisableBind=3d1" > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

JDBC Connection Cache gives error when connection
Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database I get the error: java.sql.SQLException: Column not found at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527) at com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j ava:846) But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet. Any ideas? TIA, Tim Which DB are you connecting to ? If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver... The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not compliant to the jdbc s...

Web resources about - Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Google Now will cache your cards for when you're without a connection
... to find themselves in deep cavernous places without a cellular signal to be had will now be able to view their cards even without a connection. ...

Caché Server Pages Connection Error
An error occurred while attempting to communicate with the Caché Server Pages Network Service Daemon Cannot identify CSP NSD: Error Code: 111 ...

How to solve connection issues by clearing OS X DNS cache
... a systems/network administrator or if you're a web developer, but there may be other network issues that can be solved with a simple DNS cache ...