Powerbuilder 7 + SQLServer 2000

We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to
Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party
software package that will be migrated at the same time)

In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from
Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000.  My question is, are there
native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers
handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm
overlooking.

Thank you,
Scott Wilkos
swilkos@dispatch2000.com
0
Scott_Wilkos
6/27/2001 1:07:10 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000
We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party software package that will be migrated at the same time) In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000. My question is, are there native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm overlooking. I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings regarding ...

Windows 2000 PowerBuilder 7.0 deployment and EAServer 4.1 on UNIX
Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerBuilder 7.0 application using EAServer 4.1 on a Unix/Solaris platform and a Windows 2000 platform for the client? I am having difficulty with blobs and resultsets being correctly handled and properly returned from Unix to Windows. If in fact this is a Sybase issue, how does one escalate? The problems I was encountering went away once I upgraded the PowerBuiler on the development machine to Version 7.0.3 build 10135 to match the PB VM 7.0 on EAServer 4.1. ...

Powerbuilder 7 and Windows 2000
I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. Does anyone know where such information can be found? Thanks I believe PB v7.04 and PB 8.0 support Windows 2000. "Ann Lyman" <ann_lyman@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:XkJLPHz#AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to > which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. > Does anyone know where such information can be...

Powerbuilder 7 on Windows 2000?
We are trying to run a powerbuilder application on Windows 2000 Server running windows terminal services. When the application starts we get the error Null Object Reference for the instantiation of pfc_app_manager. This exact same executable runs fine on Windows NT and Windows 98. Note..we are running Powerbuilder 7.02 build 8033. Thanks George It sounds like it can't find all the pbd's in your library path. Make sure all your pbd's are accounted for and in the same directory as the exe. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.c...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

powerbuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
I have loaded an application that is written in PB 7.0 to a laptop with Windows 2000 and am having strange problems. This same application is loaded on multiple desktop PCs (all with Windows 95 or 98) and works fine. The main problem is an Application error that comes up frequently in different parts of the application ( "The Instruction at "0x77e2bf4b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"). This immediately terminates the program. Do you think that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not compatable with Windows 2000?? Thanks Sue Officiall...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

powerbuilder 7 and sql 7
How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with powerbuilder? The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. thanks AFAIK MS SQL Server does not require any additional scripts. Can you clarify? /ck "Jose De Celis" <josedc@medicalcardsystem.com> wrote in message news:ROfjISKiBHA.167@forums.sybase.com... > How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with > powerbuilder? > > The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. > > thanks > > No scripts are required to support MS-SQL...

smalldatetime in sqlserver 2000+powerbuilder GetItemDate function
i will be really pleased if anyone can help me on this. I've used GetItemDate function to retrieve the smalldatetime datatype of sql server 2000. I am working with pb 6.5 and it works if i run it in winnt or 95 or windows 2000 with sp1. But if i run it on windows2000 machine with sp2 installed on it, it is giving an termination error saying r0012. (i looked into the help of this and it says powerbuilder internal engine problem and contact powersoft technical support.). Where giving a getitemdatetime works in this. but i can't go everywhere and change the function. I...

PowerBuilder 7.03 and Windows 2000 SP4
Was PowerBuilder 7.03 ever certified against Windows 2000 Service Pack 4? If not what was the latest Windows 2000 Service Pack that PowerBuilder 7.03 was tested against? Until we moved to PB9, that was the configuration that we deployed with and had no issues. Alex <Ted> wrote in message news:4149efaa.300b.1681692777@sybase.com... > Was PowerBuilder 7.03 ever certified against Windows 2000 > Service Pack 4? If not what was the latest Windows 2000 > Service Pack that PowerBuilder 7.03 was tested against? ...

Installing PowerBuilder 8 and EAServer on Win 2000
I am having trouble installing PowerBuilder 8 and EAServer (CTS 3.6.1) on Win 2000. When I open Sybase Central (Java version) the Jaguar Manager plugin is not available and I can't work out why or how to register it by another method. I can start Jaguar CTS fine. Hi! Couldn't you upgrade to the newest version? 3.6.1 is a bit old... If I remember it you have to choose the following classes (register plugins) %JAGUAR%\html\classes\GuiPlugIns\com\sybase\jaguar\management\scp\JaguarProv ider\JaguarProvider.class %JAGUAR%\html\classes\GuiPlugIns\com\sybase\jaguar\m...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 and Office 2000
Hi Everybody, My customer installed the office 2000 on an NT workstation where my PB app was running, and now the app doesn't work on data entry fields . So Our office services applied a fix pack for office 2000 and everything started working. But we made some changes to application and deployed it again on the client PC, the problem seems to have started again. Now we have the fix pack already in place. Has anyone heard of any compatibility problems. We are currently on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 Build 8024. Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks, Varsha Office 2000 (...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 7 + SQLServer 2000 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles