Minimum version of Open Client for PB 10.5/ASE 12.5

We're currently runnin Open Client 12.5 and want to know if that's
compatible with PB 10.5/ASE 12.5.

tia

--
Patrick Maloney
New York State Workers' Compensation Board

(Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply)
0
Patrick
11/7/2006 6:19:24 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pat;

    Absolutely!

    Just remember after you have installed the OC for 12.5 on to your PB IDE
environment, to just create a "Connection Profile" and in the "General Tab",
set the release parameter to 12.5! Then test this in the "Preview" pane and
note the entry in the DBParm field, which you will also have to add to your
PB applications.

Regards .. Chris

"Patrick J. Maloney" <patrick.maloney@wcb.stREMOVEate.ny.us> wrote in
message news:Xns987490B64E36patrickmaloneywcbsta@192.138.151.106...
> We're currently runnin Open Client 12.5 and want to know if that's
> compatible with PB 10.5/ASE 12.5.
>
> tia
>
> --
> Patrick Maloney
> New York State Workers' Compensation Board
>
> (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply)

0
Chris
11/7/2006 6:27:13 PM
"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in

> Pat;
>
>     Absolutely!
>
>     Just remember after you have installed the OC for 12.5 on to your
>     PB IDE
> environment, to just create a "Connection Profile" and in the "General
> Tab", set the release parameter to 12.5! Then test this in the
> "Preview" pane and note the entry in the DBParm field, which you will
> also have to add to your PB applications.
>
> Regards .. Chris
>

> "Patrick J. Maloney" <patrick.maloney@wcb.stREMOVEate.ny.us> wrote in
> message news:Xns987490B64E36patrickmaloneywcbsta@192.138.151.106...
>> We're currently runnin Open Client 12.5 and want to know if that's
>> compatible with PB 10.5/ASE 12.5.
>>
>> tia
>>
>> --
>> Patrick Maloney
>> New York State Workers' Compensation Board
>>
>> (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply)

Thanks Chris!  I did find info in one of the PB 10.5 docs that
essentially said that OC had to be >= 11.x and support the ASE server
we're connecting to (setting the release parm as you mentioned).

--
Patrick Maloney
New York State Workers' Compensation Board

(Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply)
0
Patrick

Minimum version of Open Client for PB 10.5 with ASE 12.5?
Anyone know this or where I can find it out? TIA! -- Patrick Maloney New York State Workers' Compensation Board (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply) The minimum would be OC 12. However, OC 15 will work with ASE 12.5 too! "Patrick J. Maloney" <patrick.maloney@wcb.stREMOVEate.ny.us> wrote in message news:Xns9870B3A5E738Apatrickmaloneywcbsta@192.138.151.106... > Anyone know this or where I can find it out? TIA! > > -- > Patrick Maloney > New York State Workers' Compensation Board > > (Remove REMOVE from e-mail addre...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Does Open Client 12.5.1 work with ASE 12.5.03 database?
Platform: Solaris 8 The open client 12.5.1 should work with ASE 12.5.0.3 database, correct? Thanks ...

Open Client 12.5 with ASE 11.5
Hi, We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 Open Client route. Does anyone know of any issues running 12.5 Open Client on XP against an 11.5 database on AIX? I'm figuring that Sybase haven't certified this combination! On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:02:34 -0700, jdudley wrote: > Hi, > > We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of > ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 > Open...

ASE 12.5.2 or ASE 12.5.3 on Solaris 10
Hi there! Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE on Solaris 10? I have tried to search around on sybase.com, but without any luck. I'm particulary looking into zones/containers with ASE and if there is any issues regarding this. Any help is much appreciated. ..prn Hi, As for as i known there aren't whitepapers or docu. I have a couple of boxes with ASE in a zone. So if you have questions mail me. Sjaak Preben Olsen wrote: > Hi there! > > Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE > on Solaris 10? I h...

PB 7.x with ASE 12.5 Database using Open Client 12.0
Has anyone experience any problems or challenges with their PB Applications upgrading their DB from ASE 12.x to 12.5 using OC 12.0. We are running PB 7.02 several of our DWs have store procedures and imbedded SQL (we do not use BLOB type). Thank you, Eva D. ...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

SQL for TV DW (PB 10.5.1, ASE 12.5)
I have been struggling with this for a while now. I hope someone can help me out. I have a table as attached - I need the SQL to create a TreeView DataWindow like this : (The levels are indicated in brackets) + File (1) -- Masters(2) - Principal (3) - Consignee (3) - Shipper (3) - Agent (3) - Port (3) - Line (3) - Activity (3) - Vessel (3) - Tariff (3) - Department(3) -- Print Setup...(2) -- Toolbars (2) -- Exit (2) + Processes (1) ...

ASE 12.5 / PB 10.5 : Transaction error in DW retrieve with Temp Table
ASE 12.5 / PB 10.5 (Transaction error in DW retrieve with Temporal Table) Error 277: There was a transaction active when exiting the stored procedure 'ap_get_info'. The temporary table '#tmp_info' was dropped in this transaction either explicitly or implicitly. This transaction has been aborted to prevent database corruption. Hi!, The previous message only appears in execution time, when "dw_1.retrieve()". It does not appear in DataWindow preview Mode or when Execute SP alone from sql advantage. why? drop PROCEDURE ap_get_info; create PROCEDURE ...

ASE 12.5 / PB 10.5 : Transaction error in DW retrieve with Temp Table
ASE 12.5 / PB 10.5 (Transaction error in DW retrieve with Temporal Table) Error 277: There was a transaction active when exiting the stored procedure 'ap_get_info'. The temporary table '#tmp_info' was dropped in this transaction either explicitly or implicitly. This transaction has been aborted to prevent database corruption. Hi!, The previous message only appears in execution time, when "dw_1.retrieve()". It does not appear in DataWindow preview Mode or when Execute SP alone from sql advantage. why? drop PROCEDURE ap_get_info; create PROCEDURE ...

Open Server (OCS 12.5/ASE 12.5) Question
From SQLAdvantage (Open Client 11.9.1), a connection is opened to a DataServer (ASE 12.5). A Stored procedure is executed, this stored procedure resides in one of the databases in the Server. The Sp that is being executed has code to call an Open Server (ASE 12.5/OCS 12.5) (RPC CALL). server_name.register_sp The result set is returned, the open server return success to the client. But at the end, the following error messages occur and the connection to the Data Server is lost. Error Messages: Client Message: Layer 4, Origin 1, Severity 5, Number 28 ct_results(): p...

ASE 12.5 to ASE 12.5.3
One of our client is having 3 no license for ASE 12.5 on Win2K (running 3 production servers) and not in the support/AMC with Sybase.. is client eligible to use ASE 12.5.3 ? Thanks KRV ...

Which Version 12.5.0.3, 12.5.0.4, 12.5.1
We are currrently running 11.9.2 on an old HPUX server (development). We are getting a newer HPUX server and our DBA is asking us which version we should install. It will be a clean install. Are there any major problems we may encounter when the 11.9.2 databases are installed/upgraded to any of the above version. We have numerous stored procs, views and triggers. Once all applications are fully tested, we will be upgrading the production server to whichever version we choose. I hope that made sense. TIA Scott ...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

Web resources about - Minimum version of Open Client for PB 10.5/ASE 12.5 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Oxygen minimum zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oxygen minimum zone ( OMZ ), sometimes referred to as the shadow zone , is the zone in which oxygen saturation in seawater in the ocean is ...

GRAPHIC: What Should Facebook's Minimum Age Be?
Facebook's minimum age of 13 is often skirted by kids, with the help of their parents, in many cases, leading to the question: Is 13 the right ...

Facebook Clarifies Minimum Spending Requirements for Page Promotions
Facebook requires that anyone wanting to administer a promotion or sweepstakes on their Facebook Page first get written approval. But part of ...

Ballot measure would increase Washington's minimum wage, require paid sick leave
A Washington state ballot initiative filed on Monday would increase the statewide minimum wage to $13.50 an hour in four years and require employers ...

"SLAVE LABOR": Hillary Confidante Cheryl Mills Pushes Manufacturing in Ghana with its 23¢ Minimum Wage ...
... Democratic presidential nomination. Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont Democrat who is her chief opponent, also advocates the $15-an-hour minimum ...

Democrats Want To Raise The Minimum Wage But Progressives Want To Raise It Quickly And Conservatives ...
... like Frank Pallone in it? To the casual reader, the story in the Star-Ledger about how Norcross is launching a fight to raise the minimum wage ...

The Cruelty of the Minimum Wage
(Don Boudreaux) Tweet In this short animated video from Learn Liberty I explain why raising the minimum wage is a bad idea if the goal is to ...

The costs of minimum-wage hikes
In the continued absence of a minimum-wage hike from Congress, more than a dozen states raised their own minimums as of January.

Oregon governor asks for huge minimum wage hikes
Oregon's governor has proposed wage hikes that would set hourly pay at a minimum of $13.50 by 2022.

Minimum Wage Gets Shout-Out During Final State Of The Union
'Equal pay for equal work, paid leave, raising the minimum wage'