Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.

I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\
drive and I get this error -

SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . .

My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm
querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right
.. . . but not the entire process.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Robin Sengupta
0
Robin_Sengupta
2/12/2002 8:21:48 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.Database newsgroup. This
group is for EAServer - PowerBuilder issues.

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:21:48 -0500, Robin_Sengupta wrote:

>I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\
>drive and I get this error -
>
>SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . .
>
>My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm
>querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right
>. . . but not the entire process.
>
>I would appreciate any help you can give me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robin Sengupta

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

0
dfish
2/12/2002 9:01:32 PM
I have the same problem connecting to Access Driver, I got an error message
S1003-Program type out of range. If you have any solution, please email me
at lsheue@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
0
lsheue
9/26/2002 9:08:05 AM
Hi!

Do you get it also if you try Settreans instead of SetTransObject?

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:08:05 -0400,
 in sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder
 <lsheue> wrote:
>I have the same problem connecting to Access Driver, I got an error message
>S1003-Program type out of range. If you have any solution, please email me
>at lsheue@yahoo.com.
>
>Thanks!

Berndt
http://www.bhitcon.net
0
Berndt

[need you help] Connect to remote MS Access Database???
Hi expert, how do I connect to MS Access Database that is located remotely?? How to do that using ASP.NET??? Can I make use of ODBC??   Thanks in Advance You can use either ODBC or OLE DB. Refer to the following website for the format of the connection stringshttp://www.connectionstrings.com/ Kumar Reddi There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based database, not a server. What you will need is SQL Server, MySQL or another database server.   pqxl: There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based datab...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Please help, I can't create a connection between my web page and database in MS-Access/Sql-Server
Hi all , Recently I was trying to establish a connection between my web page and the database made in MS-Access/SQL-server. But all my efforts were in vain at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.  Thanking,Kristian  Which is it? Access or SQL Server?  Here's a tutorial for Access: http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/aspnet20/default.htm Connection stirngs for all types of database can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site hopefully u are us...

Need help switching from MS Access database to SQL database
I recently created a form to MS access database web application and it worked fine on my local cpu.  When I published the same web app to my hosting server the program wouldn't work but I couldn't understand.  Well, after researching the matter I found out my hosting server doesn't allow ASP.NET applications that use the aspcompat page directive because of security trust levels.  So, I decided to switch to a SQL database but I can't even test the web application on my local cpu because I get this error "An error has occurred while establishing a connection...

MS Access Database Connect
Can I connect MS Access Database to Adaptive Server. It always said invalid ID or password! Thank you! Can you import data into Excel and MS Query? If you can then there is no reason why you shouldn't in Access as well although I haven't tried with Access. ...

Connection to MS Access database
I am using ODBC to connect to an MS Access database. In the table painter I cannot see any of the tables whose names contain spaces (ie multi word names). I can, however, see the names of queries which contain more than one word. I can retrieve from the tables through the db admin painter by delimiting the table names in double quotes. Can anyone tell me how to be able to see the list of table names. Thank you. Ches Chesney ches@a2z.uk.com Ches, You may want to try setting the DbParm parameter, DelimitIdentifier='Yes', so that PowerBuilder will enclose databa...

Connecting Ms Access Database
Hi �s There any way to connect to Microsoft Access Database From Pocket Powerbuilder ? (Pocket PC Side) Thanks Regards Pocket PowerBuilder only supports ASA as the client database at this time. -Marty "akin" <akin@boyutsis.com> wrote in message news:3f5f3ed2@forums-1-dub... > Hi > �s There any way to connect to Microsoft Access Database From Pocket > Powerbuilder ? (Pocket PC Side) > Thanks Regards > > ...

Help With MS-Access Connectivity
Hi ,Recently I had created application for login form using SQL express database, which worked fine. But my hosting server doesnot support MS-SQL database. Now I want to do all that using MS-Access. Can somebody plz tell me that how to connect MS-Access with ASP.NET forms ? Any simple connectivity reference to use for login will do. I have created database in Access with following fields.username,password,confirm password,question,answer & email id. I want to connect to this database with ASP.NET forms (2.0) also pz help in inserting records in database. Thankful if extra information is ...

How to connect MS-ACCESS database
How to connect MS-ACCESS 2003 database using ADO.Net using VB.NET language? Also binding data by server datacontrol Datagrid. Give me an example. Try http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconoverviewofadonet.asp to get an idea of how to use ADO.NET.RegardsDave...

Help with MS Access Database
I've been using SQL Server Express to track all of my user's accounts. I've recently uploaded my site to my hosts and, as a result, can't use the Express version. Instead, I am going to use MS Access to set it up. Does anyone have advice or helpful links that can get me started? ThanksJeffrey Way | My Blog I update my blog on a daily basis with views on web development. I always appreciate new readers. You need to create an odbc dsn on the web server to point to your ms access database. You will also need to export the data from sql server to access. Right click on the database in sql ser...

MS Access database connection
I'm new to the world of ASP.NET and need some help connecting to MS Access databases for a web site. I tried setting up the OLEdb connection to the database myself and had no luck. I downloaded code from a sample web site and can't make that work either. I've tried it running on a PC running Personal Web server and on a server running IIS on NT 4.0 and still have problems. I understand the concepts of connecting to a data base. I've done so countless times in ASP scripts, but can't seem to make the ASPX.NET code work for me. If it's not the code what parameters could I be missing on IIS that...

Connect to MS Access Database
How can I connect to an MS Access database with VS? What are the steps involved? Do I have to code any of it? The steps to connect to Access from VS.NET are documented in the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskcreatingconnectiontoaccessdatabase.asp Hope that helps. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Connectivity to MS-Access DataBase
I want to connect MS-Access Database with Power Builder. Please can anyone tell me how to do it? Help me as soon as possible... Thanks in advance Here is a dsn-less approach... ls_database is the path to the MDB file. // ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Profile OpFileO4_Access SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};UID=admin;PWD=;DBQ=" + ls_database + "',ConnectOption ='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOP...

Web resources about - Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database. - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting to Community Graduation YouTube 1080p - YouTube
(Sioux Falls, S.D.) Forty-six seniors have graduated from trying to find the power button to now being avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr ...