Easerver Powerbuilder client on XP

Anyone have any experiences with running a PB client connecting to
EAServer(3.6.1) where the client is running on XP? We haven't tried this yet
and I thought I'd ask while we are awaiting a copy of XP to try with
ourselves.

I know that EAS server is not officially supported on XP server yet, but has
anyone tried it either?

Alex

__________________________

Alex Whitney
Vice President of R&D
MedicWare
www.MedicWare.com

0
Alex
11/1/2001 5:27:16 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I hear the installation routine just disappears on XP.  Since you really
don't need the registry for much, you could just copy it over. :)

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
http://www.cynergysystems.com

"Alex Whitney" <awhitney@medicware.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have any experiences with running a PB client connecting to
> EAServer(3.6.1) where the client is running on XP? We haven't tried this
yet
> and I thought I'd ask while we are awaiting a copy of XP to try with
> ourselves.
>
> I know that EAS server is not officially supported on XP server yet, but
has
> anyone tried it either?
>
> Alex
>
> __________________________
>
> Alex Whitney
> Vice President of R&D
> MedicWare
> www.MedicWare.com

0
Carson
11/2/2001 7:58:33 PM
We've developed our own install for the client software and do not need to
run the one that comes from Sybase. Once they got past the install problem
you mentioned, did the client software run and connect properly to EAS?

Alex

"Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
message news:5ew$ps2YBHA.234@forums.sybase.com...
> I hear the installation routine just disappears on XP.  Since you really
> don't need the registry for much, you could just copy it over. :)

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
>

> "Alex Whitney" <awhitney@medicware.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone have any experiences with running a PB client connecting to
> > EAServer(3.6.1) where the client is running on XP? We haven't tried this
> yet
> > and I thought I'd ask while we are awaiting a copy of XP to try with
> > ourselves.
> >
> > I know that EAS server is not officially supported on XP server yet, but
> has
> > anyone tried it either?
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > __________________________
> >
> > Alex Whitney
> > Vice President of R&D
> > MedicWare
> > www.MedicWare.com

0
Alex
11/2/2001 9:00:24 PM
Haven't tried it.  I just know about the installer problem through Sybase.

> We've developed our own install for the client software and do not need to
> run the one that comes from Sybase. Once they got past the install problem
> you mentioned, did the client software run and connect properly to EAS?
>
> Alex
>

> "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
> message news:5ew$ps2YBHA.234@forums.sybase.com...
> > I hear the installation routine just disappears on XP.  Since you really
> > don't need the registry for much, you could just copy it over. :)

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> > Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com
> >

> > "Alex Whitney" <awhitney@medicware.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone have any experiences with running a PB client connecting to
> > > EAServer(3.6.1) where the client is running on XP? We haven't tried
this
> > yet
> > > and I thought I'd ask while we are awaiting a copy of XP to try with
> > > ourselves.
> > >
> > > I know that EAS server is not officially supported on XP server yet,
but
> > has
> > > anyone tried it either?
> > >
> > > Alex
> > >
> > > __________________________
> > >
> > > Alex Whitney
> > > Vice President of R&D
> > > MedicWare
> > > www.MedicWare.com

0
Carson
11/5/2001 9:25:48 AM
Well it appears that everything works OK. We installed our regular client on
XP, had one crash in PBVM but have not been able to duplicate the
crash..Still testing.

message news:BcWhKOeZBHA.360@forums.sybase.com...
> Haven't tried it.  I just know about the installer problem through Sybase.

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
>

> "Alex Whitney" <awhitney@medicware.com> wrote in message
> > We've developed our own install for the client software and do not need
> > run the one that comes from Sybase. Once they got past the install
problem
> > you mentioned, did the client software run and connect properly to EAS?
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
> > message news:5ew$ps2YBHA.234@forums.sybase.com...
> > > I hear the installation routine just disappears on XP.  Since you
really
> > > don't need the registry for much, you could just copy it over. :)

> > > ___________________________________________________________
> > >
> > > Carson Hager
> > > Team Sybase
> > > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> > > Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.cynergysystems.com
> > >

> > > "Alex Whitney" <awhitney@medicware.com> wrote in message
> this
> > > yet

> but
> > > has

0
Alex

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

PowerBuilder Client as EAServer JMS Listener
I'm aware of how to it IS possible to deploy a PB NVO component as a EAServer Message Service listener. However, I haven't seen any documentation indicating if it is possible for a PowerBuilder client (I.E. not a EAServer component) to act as a message service listener (either asynch or synch). Is there anyway to accomplish this? Nevermind. I found some documentation doing just this. "Nathan W. Phelps" <NOSPAM.nphelps@solarc.com> wrote in message news:ZePR3$SICHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > I'm aware of how to it IS possible to deploy a PB NVO ...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

How to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer?
I want to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer,But after Read Sybase'documents,I still can't find a clear steps,I need a simply clear Steps,SOS,Who can Help me? -- Qianhaiyuan (Mr.) Gotop System Mobile:13307113338 Phone:027-87561071-238 eMail: qianhy@egotop.com MSN: qianhy2@hotmail.com Pseudo/actual code with minimal error handling icn_jaguar.location = 'iiops://my_server_address:9001' //get ssl service provider ll_rc = getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", l_sslsp ) if ll_rc <> 1 then error // Set the QOP ll_rc = l_s...

Java/Corba components EAserver and PowerBuilder Client
Hello Dave, I have some specific questions... We have an object server running that hosts most of our objects for one of our applications. These objects are written in Java with CORBA interface. One of our PB apps need to communicate to some of the objects in Object server through EAserver 3.5. Our Easerver 3.5 is running on Solaris 2.6 machine. What we did is exported the IDL under IDL folder of Jaguar repository in Solaris box. We opened the jagmanager through our NT workstations where we do most of our work and we could see the idl in the jaguar manager and the correspon...

How to configure both server and client with using EAServer and PowerBuilder?
Hi, If I am using PowerBuilder version 8.0.3 Build 9704 & EAServer version 3.6.1 Build 36108, how can I configure both the server and client setting so that I can use web-site to access the database for reporting purpose. Thanks! ...

Powerbuilder Client and Java business components on EAServer
Hi All, We have a Library management application that we are migrating from PowerBuilder to Java. We are planning to convert one component at a time from powerbuilder to Java and see if we can make it run with the current Powerbuilder code. We are using EAServer6.2 to deploy our business logic code. But we are now facing some problems on how to make Java components interact with Powerbuilder Client. Java components are based on Spring Framework. We thought we might develop the component as webservice but that wont help as every deployment of the application will have server also de...

SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component
I am attempting to establish an SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component. I found a Sybase Solved Case #10886461 all the way back from 2002. I followed all of the suggestions from the case, however I still cannot establish the SSL connection. Has anything changed in either PowerBuilder or EAServer since then that would require a different approach to this rather than what is listed in the referenced Case from above? posting the code you are using and the return values that you are getting would be helpful for anyone trying to answer your question. Are you...

Powerbuilder client and Java Business service interaction in EAServer.
Hi All, We have a Library management application that we are migrating from PowerBuilder to Java. We are planning to convert one component at a time from powerbuilder to Java and see if we can make it run with the current Powerbuilder code. We are using EAServer6.2 to deploy our business logic code. But we are now facing some problems on how to make Java components interact with Powerbuilder Client. Java components are based on Spring Framework. We thought we might develop the component as webservice but that wont help as every deployment of the application will have server also de...

Powerbuilder 10 Developer Edition with Oracle 8i on Windows XP & EAServer 4.2
Need Help. Having trouble with java. Getting CORBA.COMM_FAILURE on data window retrieve in non-visual component. Using Oracle OCI_8 driver. ids_systatus = CREATE datastore ids_systatus.DataObject = 'my_datawindow' ids_systatus.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ids_systatus.Retrieve() error in jagmgr.log says Jul 20 09:51:40 2005: Warning: You have attempted to log a message with an API that requires localization, but the localized key was not found in a resouce bundle. Key: com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: <my host name>:9000- Connection ref...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu You can see the product manauls in http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.help.eas_6.0/title.htm > Hi All, > > Good Morning, > > I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer > , PB applicat...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Web resources about - Easerver Powerbuilder client on XP - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles