EAserver and Powerbuilder

Hi Friends,

EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that
if I install EAserver  first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the
Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast.

If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long
time to start and display 'Accepting Connections'

As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and
cons.

TIA

RAO

0
RAO
5/16/2003 7:45:27 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only
overlap between the programs is the Sybase shared directory contents. If you
install PB first it goes in sybase\shared. If you install EAServer first
it'll go in sybase\easerver\shared, but then you may get sybase\shared too.
Maybe both your shared directories are in your path and you are getting some
contention over which files to use. Additionally, you may have installed
some of the sample code which has services that run on startup. After the
install remove the sample code unless you intend to review it.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase

"RAO" <narayanarao@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Friends,
>
> EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found
that
> if I install EAserver  first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the
> Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast.
>
> If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long
> time to start and display 'Accepting Connections'
>
> As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and
> cons.
>
> TIA
>
> RAO

0
John

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

PowerBuilder and SSL to EAServer
Hi, Would like to use iiops for connecting to EAServer. I tried few options and none seems to be working. From the help file, I tried the following : SSLServiceProvider sp GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp ) int rc string ls_values[] rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values) IF rc <> 0 THEN MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc)) RETURN END IF And I am getting -10 as the return value (-10 => An EAServer or SSL failure has occurred ) Can anybody help me to find whats missing here...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Migrating PowerBuilder/EAserver
Our distributed application work is currently done with PB7 and EAServer 4.1.3. I'd like to migrate our objects to PB9 (where all of our client/server work is done). If I do this, what needs to be done on the EAServer side (if anything)? Thanks, Tom You need to put your server functionality into one or more EAServer components (these are just PB NVOs with a couple of extra events) and change your client app to connect to and request functionality from EAServer instead of distributed PB. If you are using server push in your distributed PB server, you need to find a worka...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

PowerBuilder version with EAServer?
Which Powerbuilder 7.0.2 build is shipped with EAServer 3.6 ? The latest C4 release says it is to be applied with Jaguar 3.5. Can someone confirm that we can install PowerBuilder 7.0.2 C4 EBF to deploy to EAServer 3.6 ? Thanks Martin. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp We have no problems using EAServer 3.6 with C4 PB. Matthias "Martin" <nospam_martin.jenman@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:qnptB65XAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Which Powerbuilder 7.0.2 build is shippe...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu You can see the product manauls in http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.help.eas_6.0/title.htm > Hi All, > > Good Morning, > > I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer > , PB applicat...

GetContextService, PowerBuilder and EAServer
Hi All, When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. But when I write the same code for EAServer, I get no values in ls_values[]. Is there any problem in using GetContextKeywords on EAServer? li_return = This.GetContextService(ls_keyword, lcx_key) lcx_key.GetContextKeywords("temp", ls_values[]) TIA sybase wrote: > Hi All, > When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns > the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. > ...

PowerBuilder/PFC and EAServer
Is anyone out there developing an EAServer-based application with a PowerBuilder/PFC front-end? In the client-server days, we could depend on a database connection being around typically for the life of the application. This worked great for PFC applications, as much of the PFC relies on this connection. With the advent of EAServer and n-tier, however, we are supposed to develop middle-tier functionality that connects to the db only as needed and only for as long as needed. We are having a problem integrating the PFC (with it's dependency on the db) with middle-tier components d...

Linux/PowerBuilder/EAServer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit There is no version of PB for Linux but there is EAServer for Linux. If i want to develop and deploy middleware components using PB on EAServer/Linux how do i will do? --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="surindersingh.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Surinder Singh Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="surinde...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu EAServer is an application and component transaction server. In other words, it "hosts" your components, which are exposed as J2EE standard EJBs. Java apps can invoke your PB components and your PB app can invoke Java components and all...

PowerBuilder or EAServer problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C810B4.E1DCF0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not sure if I'm running into a PowerBuilder or EAServer issue but here's = the problem (I'm thinking it's PB) I have a Dell D620 laptop with both a wired NIC and Wireless NIC. While = at work I typically have both connected to "a" network. The wired is = always connected to our domain, the wireless may be connected to the = domain or connected to our external "...

Web resources about - EAserver and Powerbuilder - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles