EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem

Hello!

I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows
XP.

I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with
EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a
front end.

Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000),
and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as
'?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect
the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't
"understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a
square).

The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is
AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 and I tried with
AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252.

This has happened since I installed the Oracle 10.1.0.2
client.

When I retrieve the datawindow directly from Powerbuilder,
it works fine!

Is there something that I forgot/didn't configure properly?
I'm really stuck on this one, please help me...

I know that there is an Oracle issue with 2 VARCHAR2 bigger
than 1333 in the same table, but that problem only occurs
while updating or inserting the data, not while retrieving
it.

The production servers are running the same configuration
(except for the OS which is Windows 2000), but it retrieves
fine, the only issue I'm running into there, is the update
problem, that's why I'm trying to set up my test environment
with the Oracle 10 client.

Thanks for your time
0
Neil
8/22/2006 2:32:45 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Solaris 8, Perl 5.8.7, DBI 1.5.1, DBD::Oracle 1.18a, Instant Client (basic) 10.2.0.2 and NLS settings
Some advice please... I am trying to build/package a perl module where I do not have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before use (there can be a number of oracle installations on the machines I want it for and cannot generically set it in case I break something else, and cannot use those installs since I cannot guarantee any oracle version being installed across the machines), and want minimal hassle in setting it up for use. I have done this so far by building DBD::Oracle with: perl Makefile.PL LIBS="-L/usr/local/oracle -lclntsh -lnnz10" PREFIX=/usr/local/oracle (previou...

Build recipe -- HPUX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit, perl-5.8.0, DBD -Oracle-1.12
Hi, I spent some considerable time attempting to get DBD::Oracle working and wanted to share the solution in hopes of helping fellow travelers. Here are the details of the environment: HPUX 11.0 Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit perl-5.8.0 DBI-1.30 DBD-Oracle-1.12 Using the following HP ANSI C compiler per swlist: B3901BA B.11.02.04 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00 (S800) Build procedure: * Build Perl taking the defaults except for: * Add "-lcl -lpthread " at the begging of the list in response to the question "What...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12 make problems (fprintf errors)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at=20 http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html perl Makefile.PL works fine, DBD-Oracle built fine for perl 5.6.0. gcc -v yields: Reading specs from /share/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=3D/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=3D/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls Thread model: posix gcc version 3.2 Any suggestions appreciated. I'm not very familiar with the Solaris build environment, so I'm probably missing something obvious. Thanks,=20 Dave S. A...

EAServer 3.6.1 C3 Solaris / PB 7.0.3 / Oracle 8.3) Empty Blob passed to Client
Hi all, I have a problem with PB 7.0.3 and EAS 3.6.1 C3 on Solaris 2.8. I defined a datawindow with PB that is supposed to show a list of all customers from an Oracle DB. On the server side it all seems to work well. The return status is ok and the number of rows inside the blob is exactly the number of rows in the customer table. When I check the blob after it's transfered to the client, the number of rows is 0. Any help is highly appreciated! Kind regards, Markus ...

Oracle Client 8.1.5 and Powerbuilder 7.0.1
My application works fine in Powerbuilder 7.0.1 development with Oracle Client 8.1.5. However, after building the new executables and pbds, application fails during runtime when trying to connect to database using the user-defined transaction object. Is there any new drivers or dlls that I need to properly run with Oracle Client 8.1.5? If there is, where can I get it? Also, is there any issue that I should pay attention to when working with Oracle 8.1.5 (8i) and Powerbuilder 7? I am currently using the Oracle 8.0.4 driver (pbo8470.dll). Is net8 configured correctly on the clie...

DBI 1.30 & DBD::Oracle 1.12 on Solaris 8 w Perl 5.5.3 and Oracle 9.2.0
My organization is strict about adding �un-supported� software. Since Sun includes Perl 5.005 03 with Solaris 8, I can add the DBI 1.30 and the DBD::Oracle 1.12 modules but I can�t install gcc on that system. One other thing, this is all for Oracle 9.2.0. I plan to build these Perl modules on another Solaris 8 system where gcc is installed and then move the modules to the production system. MY QUESTION IS; Is this possible? I've included the output of perl -V, output of the DBD::Oracle-1.12 'make test' that had errors and the files I tar'ed up and moved t...

DBI 1.30 & DBD::Oracle-1.12 on Solaris 8 w Perl 5.5.3 & Oracle 9.2.0
My organization is strict about adding �un-supported� software. Since Solaris 8 has Perl 5.005 03 already installed, I can add the DBI 1.30 and the DBD::Oracle 1.12 modules but I can�t install gcc on that system. One other thing, this is all for Oracle 9.2.0. I plan to build these Perl modules on another Solaris 8 system where gcc is installed and then move the modules to the production system. MY QUESTION IS; Is this possible? I've included the output of perl -V, output of the DBD::Oracle-1.12 'make test' that had errors and the files I tar'ed up and moved...

EAServer 4.0/4.1 and Oracle 8.1.7 #2
Does anyone have experience running EAServer 4.0/4.1 against an Oracle 8.1.7 database via OCI? Please share issues, successes and the like. Thanks I use the JDBC drivers, not the OCI. Are you experiencing problems? On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:24:34 -0500, in sybase.public.easerver.general <David_Short> wrote: >Does anyone have experience running EAServer 4.0/4.1 against an Oracle >8.1.7 database via OCI? Please share issues, successes and the like. > >Thanks Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

PB 10.2.1 build 9004 vs Oracle client 10G (10.1.0.2.0)
Hi all, We are having an issue with Oracle 10G using SP's in RPC... Seems we cannot disable unicode in DBParm if we use DBMS=O10. Not even with DBMS=O90 The only way we can disable it is using DBMS=O84. Which is documented... The problem is that our sp's get extra garbage because of unicode. Any thoughts anyone ? GQ They shouldn't get 'extra garbage', the character translation is the responsibility of the driver. That said, there was an issue, where data binding could cause a problem. Check out the latest EBF and the DBParm ncharbind and se...

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

Web resources about - EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo