IDE

Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking
to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not
support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for
development. Are there any other IDEs that support
deployment to EAserver as the older JBuilder used to do?
0
Marley
6/18/2008 6:50:59 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Eclipse?

Marley wrote:
> Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking
> to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not
> support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for
> development. Are there any other IDEs that support
> deployment to EAserver as the older JBuilder used to do?
0
Evan
6/19/2008 4:22:56 AM
WorkSpace?

"Evan Ireland" <eireland@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Eclipse?
>
> Marley wrote:
>> Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking
>> to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not
>> support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for
>> development. Are there any other IDEs that support
>> deployment to EAserver as the older JBuilder used to do?

0
Chris

EAServer with other IDEs
Hi all, We were planning to use EAServer with PowerJ for our next project. However, PowerJ appears to be a quite disappointing product and it is unclear (at least in my mind) if PowerJ's integration with EAServer will be enough to justify having it as a development environment. With reference to the above: 1) Does anyone have a successful story (i.e. a real completed project) of using EAServer with other Java IDEs? 2) Does anyone have a successful story of using DW/DS controls with other IDEs? Thanks for any help. I can tell you that I have had great success using PowrJ...

How is EAServer J2EE doing?
Hi all, Apache Geronimo is the third J2EE 1.4 certified open source server, after JBoss and Jonas. I really wonder when is EAServer's turn? What is the roadmap on the J2EE path? How can I learn it? Besides, what about a new group with EAServer futures discussion, like we have for Powerbuilder or ASE? Thanks, Gokhan Demir 1. J2EE 1.4 is on the way - but it isn't as exciting as 1.2 or 1.3, so we aren't in as much of a hurry. (Exciting = few customers are jumping up and down about it. Not to say all customers, but only a few.) 2. We usually do futures in ou...

J2EE DataSource
I am using EAServer 4.2 and am having a problem configuring and using a javax.sql.DataSource object. I have created and pinged a Connection Cache in Jaguar Manager. My web.xml contains the folling: <resource-ref> <description>DB Connection</description> <res-ref-name>jdbc/BasicCache</res-ref-name> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> <res-auth>Container</res-auth> </resource-ref> After deployment of the web app in Jaguar Manager (but before installation in the Server Instance), I al...

EAServer hosting J2EE Coldfusion
All, we have a large EAServer customer base, now a client would like a project to use Coldfusion for the web client with connections to the components we host in EAServer. I've found that coldfusion can the embedded into a J2EE 1.3 compliant server. Firstly has anyone done this? Secondly (if not) I need to follow install instructions for JRun could someone help interpret the following into EAServer speak? (Windows, Linux, and Solaris) Add ColdFusion MX binary file directories to the JVM argument for the native library path (java.library.path). ColdFusion MX binaries - cf...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

easerver ssl https j2ee security
Hi, again some questions... Anyone an idea how to implement with Form Based login of Basic login a secure login? I thought of setting the TRANSPORT GARANTEE to INTEGRAL in the web-application properties ... but this implements that alle pages that are in the protected zone (where a users needs to be authenticated) are sent over HTTS. What I want is than only userid and password are sent over HTTPS and once this is done, that everything passes over HTTP. Next to this problem, I'm also working with the web-server plugin opn apache. Here the FormBased login does not w...

Coldfusion j2ee running inside EAServer
Hi, has anyone been able to run macromedia's coldfusion j2ee using easerver as its j2ee server ? I have a project where we are using both .cfm and .jsp, and I would like to run it all togheter. I guess I could also use jrun instead of eas, but I would prefer to use the sybase products. Im using win2003, EAS 4.2 (Build 42012), EP 5.0 and cfmx 6.1 rc Any help will be appreciated, danim ...

How to use Maven to Deploy J2EE application on EAServer
Hi, I am developing a small application using Java, hibernate and spring. I want to deploy my application on EAServer 6.0 using Maven . Can somebody help me where I can get the information regarding the same. Anuj, If you drop an EAR, WAR or EJB-JAR file into the server's 'deploy' directory, the server will deploy it. I have not used Maven myself, but presumably you can get it to put a file into a directory :-) Anuj Kumar wrote: > Hi, > I am developing a small application using Java, hibernate > and spring. I want to deploy my application on EAServer ...

Harware numbers about existing J2EE applications using EAServer?
Hi, I am interested in existing J2EE enterprise applications running on EAServer. We have built a car leasing and fleet management application with 80 stateless session beans (no entity beans) and 170 database tables. The total size of class files is about 10Mb. We access the server using a rich client developped with PowerBuilder. I guess there must be more EAServer applications out there comparable with this one. Wouldn't it be nice to share some information about the hardware like CPU power, memory, network and scalability (does it scale linear, more or less with the siz...

J2EE
hi all, Now Sun will not make J2EE as an industry standards but Sun's Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE�) brand name. According to the news from IBM, they will continue to support the J2EE open standard. so, I wonder what is the Sybase position in this situation ? Sun or IBM or etc ? Thanks Sybase is a licensee of the "J2EE Early Adopter Program". Sybase is now in the process of continuing this relationship with Sun to extend to the J2EE final release branding. J2EE is and always has been a strong imperetive to Sybase and we will fully support the J2EE...

ide
hi all ! i'm using perl with tk extension in developping desktop apps . working on macosx platform, I use either the Xcode editor or emacs. i'm lacking debugger support and tk gui ide . anybody any idea if there's a ide out there with support for debugging and/or tk ? thanks erik --Apple-Mail-4-517507745 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed Try ptkdb. You can get it from CPAN as Devel::ptkdb (I think; not where I can check at the moment). Then run your app as 'perl -dptkdb myapp'. On Jul...

Which IDE
This is not which IDE is the best post, it is a which IDE is best for ME post. Currently I am using Web Matrix but there are a few things that I don’t like. 1. Like every one else, no Intellisense (code completion) 2. I want tabs that show all my open documents which I can quickly flick through like Visual Studio. What I don’t like about Visual Studio .Net Professional: 1. The price. 2. I don’t like using code behind that much but I guess I’m just not used to it and can get over the fact. So this is not so major. The way I work now is assemblies and code in the aspx pages in ...

Web resources about - IDE - sybase.easerver.j2ee

IDE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to develop your own OS ep6: Ide & Source Code - YouTube
Thank you for watching please leave a like and subscribe. Links: Ide: https://github.com/Myvar/OsDevKit/releases/tag/v0.0.3-alpha Source code: ...

StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA IDE HDD Docking Station Review
... reviewed their portable SATA duplicator last year, and this time around we have another interesting gadget from their stables. SATA and IDE ...

More on Deceptive Climate Alarmism on the Ides of March: Orson Welles, Graphs, plus just relax about ...
... the North Sea, many Indian villages underwater 50-60 miles out from the coast of Virginia, etc.) This will continue until the climate tide changes ...

Hands-on with Node.js support in Komodo IDE 7
ActiveState has released a major new version of the Komodo integrated development environment (IDE). The update, which is called Komodo 7, introduces ...

Designing the Haskell IDE
I published a new blog post at the FP Complete site, with a peek at our efforts to create the Haskell IDE. I concentrated mostly on the interaction ...

Easily create and debug batch files with Batch IDE
... window, find and double-click the file. And if there are problems you must switch back to Notepad and do the same thing again. Batch IDE is ...

Java IDE Performance
... DZone last week. In a discussion of this link on DZone , the author of the post in question mentioned the poor performance of most Java IDEs, ...

Towards better refactoring support in IDEs for functional programming
A couple of days back I was thinking how we could improve the state of IDEs and let them give rich feedbacks to users focusing on code improvement ...

Deal "Really" Finalized? Will Greece Survive the Ides of March? Disastrous Piecemeal Breakup of Eurozone ...
... have to raise €70.5bn ahead of the bond swap – €30bn in sweeteners for the private sector, €5.5bn to pay off interest and €35bn to provide Greek ...