Force Connection creation using JNDI and connection cache

Hi all,

I'm using JNDI and connection cache to create connections to ASE and IQ.

The problem that I'm facing is that I want that when the max number of
connections is reached, new connections get created if needed by other
users. This can be done using the JCMCache classes using the JCM_FORCE
option in the getconnection method. What I want to know is if that can also
be done using JNDI DataSource.

Thanks in advance,
Hugo Pedro
0
Hugo_Pedro
10/31/2002 4:30:18 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

Proxy connection cache using JNDI
Is it possible to use JNDI to obtain a Jaguar connection cache connection which has been set up to use session authorisation (ie com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.ssa=true) without using the standard FORM, BASIC etc authentication from a Web Application? I've tried this: Connection conn = null; try { InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(); DataSource ds = (DataSource)ic.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/MyCache); conn = ds.getConnection(userId, password"); } but I get the following SQLException: Acquiring application-authenticated supported only for JDBC2.0 DataS...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

not connected when I am connected

Oracle Connection Cache for use with JNDI
I'm having great difficulty setting up a Oracle JDBC connection cache that implements javax.sql.DataSource (required for JNDI). We have been using oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver as the "DLL or Class Name", but that class does not implement javax.sql.DataSource (the Oracle class that implements javax.sql.DataSource is oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource). I can't find any documentation on how to set this up and I'm at my wits end trying every possible combination I can think of. Right now, my settings look like this: Server Name - jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:152...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Connection Failed in log although connection cache used pings successfully
Hi guys, anyone who has ever encountered this one? we have a running web app in one of our clients, and lately, to update their package, we sent the jar file and they imported it successfully, however, after that, srv log states: Connection Failed: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] The stored procedure required to complete this operation could not be found on the server(they were supplied with SQL Server). Please contact your system administrator.;ODBC;ConnectString='DSN=ERICWEB-MMI;UID=sa;PWD=' SO I checked master database's stored views...

Accessing Connection Cache using JNDI Lookup
Hello all, I defined a connection cache say 'DB1" in EAS and am able to successfully ping the connection. So I know that my connections params are correct. I am trying to lookup this connection cache as a JNDI resource using the following params Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY = "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"; javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL = "iiop://localhost:9000" javax.naming.Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "dba" javax.naming.Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS = sql; Once I get the intialContext I am looking for ctx.lookup("jav...

create EASERVER connection cache using OLEDB?
can to create a connection cache using OLEDB ? I need connect to MS SQL 2000 my Database have columns type varchar(4000) and using ODBC connection cache only support column varchar(255) Thanks Alex Moreno R. I have no trouble with SQLServer2005 and PB 10.2.1 with EAServer 5.3. Whose ODBC driver are you using? "Alex Moreno" <alex_morenoec@yahoo.es> wrote in message news:44988c9d@forums-1-dub... > can to create a connection cache using OLEDB ? > > I need connect to MS SQL 2000 > > my Database have columns type varchar(4000) and ...

Web resources about - Force Connection creation using JNDI and connection cache - sybase.easerver.j2ee

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...