EJB Deployment problem with EAServer 5.5 (Windows x86)

Hello,

After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble
deploying my EJB jar file.

If I attempt to deploy with jag_deploy, the deployment seems to work
(that is, the task reports success and I am able to use my EJBs), but
I receive warning messages.  I'm wondering about these warnings.

I'm wondering if it's related to the compilation of generated
skeletons and stubs:  If I run jag_deploy and do not generate
skeletons and stubs it runs without error and without warning.  If I
further use the jag_gen_stubsandskels task and do NOT compile, that
task completes with no error and no warning.

Has anyone any suggestions on resolving the warnings?

SYSTEM PARTICULARS:
   EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition
   Running Jaguar with -ejb15
   Have rebuild all files in my jar file using JDK 1.5.0_09
   Windows x86 system

OUTPUT OF jag_deploy ANT TASK (I'm running it with verbose output):

[jag_deploy] Deployed file C:\P21/images/TPCXJava/TPCXJava.jar
[jag_deploy] Deploying...
[jag_deploy] Deploying EJBs from bundle TPCXJava
[jag_deploy] Deployment strategy is FULL
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB EDIFACTInHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB UpdateRequestBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB DeadStockServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TPRelationshipDetailServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TPDocumentBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TradingBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TradingPartnerBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB CXMLInHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB XCBLOutHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB VerticalMarketBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB LoggingServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB EDIInHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB MapperServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB DCToolInterface
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB EDIOutHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB ManufacturerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB XMLSFunctoidServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB RationalizeItemServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB EDIINTHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB HubSoapHandler
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB WSOutboundHandler
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TradingPartnerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB DocumentBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB BillingServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB NotificationServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB PricingServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB EDIFACTOutHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB JSPServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB UpdateHubRequestBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB PricingServiceBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB PartnerMgtServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB SAPXMLHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB ItemConversionBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB FTPHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB VerticalMarketServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB AdminServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB XCBLInHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB ElectroluxOrderHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB FTPServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB FunAckServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB GetPAServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB DocumentServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TradingServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB ExchangeServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TPRelationshipDetailBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TPCXTrackerServices
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB TPCxVersionFeatureBO
[jag_deploy] Deployed EJB GanterPOAckHandlerServices
[jag_deploy] Getting Relationships
[jag_deploy] Created Relationships
[jag_deploy] Resolving EJB References for Ejbs
[jag_deploy] Generating Stubs and Skeletons for Package TPCXJava
[jag_deploy] WARNING:
[jag_deploy] java.lang.ClassFormatError: version number not valid
[...]
[jag_deploy] Compiling Stubs and Skeletons for Package TPCXJava
[jag_deploy] Copying skeletons to java/classes
[jag_deploy] Copying Stubs to html/classes

CONTENTS OF Jaguar.log FILEt (when running the ant task -- it's
repeated over and over again):
Mar 05 11:10:29 2007: 070013-Caught Exception:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: version number not valid

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deploy.dependency.javaclass.JClassFileAnalyser.readClass(JClassFileAnalyser.java:
81)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deploy.dependency.javaclass.JClassFileAnalyser.getDependentClasses(JClassFileAnalyser.java:
279)

	at
com.sybase.CORBA.idl.DependentClass.addDependentClasses(RepositoryImpl.java:
19797)

	at
com.sybase.CORBA.idl.RepositoryImpl.getEJBDependentClasses(RepositoryImpl.java:
4343)

	at
com.sybase.CORBA.idl.RepositoryImpl.getEJBDependentClasses(RepositoryImpl.java:
4128)

	at com.sybase.CORBA.idl.RepositoryImpl.files(RepositoryImpl.java:
3178)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.system._Ex_st_Repository.files(_Ex_st_Repository.java:
559)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
1123)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
3932)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
3958)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEJBJar(DeploymentImpl.java:
4300)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployTheEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
3924)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
1168)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.remoteInvoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:
305)

	at
com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:
108)

Thanks,

-=Helen=-

0
helen
3/5/2007 4:20:23 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Correction:  I'm Running Jaguar with -jdk15 (not -ejb15 -- that was a
typo)

0
helen
3/5/2007 4:33:05 PM
An Update,

I receive the same warning/error messages when I attempt to deploy
through jagtool.

My JAVA_HOME is set to %JAGUAR%\jdk\jdk1.5.0_09 -- I believe that is
correct.

If I use the "deploy" command with "-stubsandskels false" there is no
warning/error.
If I use the "install" command there is no warning/error.
If I use the "gen_stubsandskels" specifying "-compilejavaskels false"
there is no warning/error.

However, if I use the "gen_stubsandskels" specifying "-
compilejavaskels true" (the default), I receive the same errors as
jagant tasks.

Still stuck on this one:  any help appreciated,

-=Helen=-

0
helen
3/6/2007 5:20:18 PM
Hi Helen,

this again looks like issue with JDK version.

What is the JDK version you are using with EAServer ? What is the JDK
version of your compiled EJB ?

My suggestion will be to ensure that the version that you use with
EAServer and with other tools is higher or equal to the version of your EJB.

E.g if your ejb is JDK1.5 ensure that EAServer is running with JDK1.5.

BTW I am assuming here that you are not doing local deployment.

Thanks,

Sandip

helen.robie@activant.com wrote:
> An Update,
>
> I receive the same warning/error messages when I attempt to deploy
> through jagtool.
>
> My JAVA_HOME is set to %JAGUAR%\jdk\jdk1.5.0_09 -- I believe that is
> correct.
>
> If I use the "deploy" command with "-stubsandskels false" there is no
> warning/error.
> If I use the "install" command there is no warning/error.
> If I use the "gen_stubsandskels" specifying "-compilejavaskels false"
> there is no warning/error.
>
> However, if I use the "gen_stubsandskels" specifying "-
> compilejavaskels true" (the default), I receive the same errors as
> jagant tasks.
>
> Still stuck on this one:  any help appreciated,
>
> -=Helen=-

0
Sandip
3/14/2007 4:47:00 PM
Hello Sandyp,

I'm using JDK 1.5.0_09 -- to create my EJBs and within
EAServer itself.

I still see these warnings.  I don't understand what you
mean by "local deployment" in your last post.  Can you
elaborate on that?

Thanks,

-=Helen=-
0
Helen
8/16/2007 8:56:27 PM
Any progress? I'm fighting the same battle...
Jan

> [...]
> com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
> 3958)
>
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEJBJar(DeploymentImpl.java:
> 4300)
>
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployTheEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
> 3924)
>
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
> 1168)
>
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.remoteInvoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:
> 305)
>
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:

0
Jan
10/8/2007 3:01:49 PM
Perhaps one of the tools is calling the JDK 1.4 compiler?

If you rename the JDK 1.4 directory you might find out which tool
is using the wrong JDK (as it will no longer find JDK 1.4).

Jan Zamostny wrote:
> [...]
>> com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
>>
>> 3958)
>>
>>     at
>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEJBJar(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>
>> 4300)
>>
>>     at
>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployTheEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>
>> 3924)
>>
>>     at
>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>
>> 1168)
>>
>>     at
>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.remoteInvoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:
>>
>> 305)
>>
>>     at
>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:

0
Evan
10/8/2007 7:11:09 PM
Good idea. However the error is in
com.sybase.jaguar.deploy.dependency.javaclass.JClassFileAnalyser - it
checks .class files during EJB deployment (via instrospection? - I
didn't care) and assumes the .class file version is between 45 and 48,
otherwise it throws the below mentioned exception... Java 5 is version
49 unfortunately. I decompiled this class (it is in eastools.jar),
removed this version check, and now it works fine. It looks like an ugly
bug - it's strange that it's not fixed yet, everyone using Java 5 and
EJBs probably has this problem...
Jan

Evan Ireland wrote:
> [...]
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.generateStubsAndSkels(JEarImporter.java:
>>>
>>> 3958)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEJBJar(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>>
>>> 4300)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployTheEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>>
>>> 3924)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment.DeploymentImpl.deployEntity(DeploymentImpl.java:
>>>
>>> 1168)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.remoteInvoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:
>>>
>>> 305)
>>>
>>>     at
>>> com.sybase.jaguar.deployment._sk_Jaguar_Deployment.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_Deployment.java:

0
Jan
10/9/2007 6:49:09 AM
Jan,

Please report this to Technical Support.

Jan Zamostny wrote:
> Good idea. However the error is in
> com.sybase.jaguar.deploy.dependency.javaclass.JClassFileAnalyser - it
> checks .class files during EJB deployment (via instrospection? - I
> didn't care) and assumes the .class file version is between 45 and 48,
> otherwise it throws the below mentioned exception... Java 5 is version
> 49 unfortunately. I decompiled this class (it is in eastools.jar),
> removed this version check, and now it works fine. It looks like an ugly
> bug - it's strange that it's not fixed yet, everyone using Java 5 and
> EJBs probably has this problem...
> Jan
>

> Evan Ireland wrote:
>
>> Perhaps one of the tools is calling the JDK 1.4 compiler?
>>
>> If you rename the JDK 1.4 directory you might find out which tool
>> is using the wrong JDK (as it will no longer find JDK 1.4).
>>
>> Jan Zamostny wrote:
>>
>>> Any progress? I'm fighting the same battle...
>>> Jan

0
Evan

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

Windows 7 EAServer 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4c2d83b7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am trying to run EAServer 5.5 on Windows 7. When I install & run EAServer 5.5 I get the attached errors when I try to run the EAServer Manager. Attached are two error files from two different machines. There is no official support of Windows 7 but our rep said it would work. Anybody using Windows 7 and EAServer 5.5? Any help with the attached error files? thank you so much! ---=_forums-1-dub4c2d83b7 Content...

Problem to start EAServer 5.5
Can not start EA Server 5.5. Error message: The procedure entry point JagClient_CPPLoadLibrary could not be located in the dynamic link library libjcc.dll. In Jaguarout.log is a message: Error: Unable to load EA Server Runtime Library: libjeas.dll Any suggestion, anyone? Check your pathing - have you got an earlier version of EAServer or PB that may be in your path before EAServer 5.5? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] "Josef" <josef.mlensky@3lsystem.se> wrote in message news:46de7593@forums-1-dub... > Can not start E...

WebService deployment on easerver 5.5
Hi, I'm testing the evaluation version of Powerbuilder 11.5. In this tests I'm facing a problem on exposing EAServer component as WebService. The environement is : Powerbuilder 11.5.1 - Build 4608 EAServer 5.5.0 - Build 55012 When I select the EAServer 5.X in the Web service type of the EAserver component project and try to deploy, the following message appear : Exposing Component as a Web Service... Web service deployment failed. Exception:WSTAdminException: WSTAdminException: (500)Internal Server Error In the log file there is : 80916-System exception 'CORBA::BAD_...

Seesion problems in EAServer 5.5
I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format machinename.subdomain1.subdomain2.domain.net. My session objects don't work when moving from one page to the other. I didn't fill-in the HTTP-domainname field in easerver properties but it still doesn't work... Even the Sybase WebConsole management webtool doesn't work! Anyone with a workaround? Please help! Your session objects are tied to the specific host name you gave to EAServer. If your machine has a different name, the cookies you set won't be set for the correct site. Check th...

Session problems in EAServer 5.5
I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format machinename.subdomain1.subdomain2.domain.net. My session objects don't work when moving from one page to the other. I didn't fill-in the HTTP-domainname field in easerver properties but it still doesn't work... Even the Sybase WebConsole management webtool doesn't work! Anyone with a workaround? Please help! Please don't cross-post. Thanks! Jonathan Shola Odutola wrote: > I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format > machinename.subdo...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EAServer 5.5 and Windows 2008 Server
Is EAServer 5.5 compatible with Windows 2008 Server? Because the EAS 5.5 install keeps failing when I attempt to install it on that operating system. What JVM does the install program use? My initial suspicion is that I do not have the correct JVM installed that the install program requires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

Web resources about - EJB Deployment problem with EAServer 5.5 (Windows x86) - sybase.easerver.j2ee

Deployment diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To describe a web site, for example, a deployment diagram would show what hardware components ("nodes") exist (e.g., a web server, an application ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
A lot of sensitive data is sent over email, so we encrypt emails in transit via STARTTLS when available. STARTTLS has been around for 15 years, ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Motive Security Guardian (formerly Kindsight Security) now supporting virtualized deployments - YouTube ...
Patrick Tan, General Manager of Network Intelligence at Alcatel-Lucent, discusses enhancements to the Motive Security Guardian – a cloud based, ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop: Military deployments and peacekeeping to count as foreign aid
Australia will begin to count the costs of its military and police deployments in humanitarian disasters and UN peacekeeping operations as part ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...