EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2

We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5.  We are noticing
different behavior with the iiop sessions.  We are running
the same code on both versions.  Basically we only have
stateless session beans deployed to EAServer.  With 5.2 the
number of iiop sessions never goes above 2.  However with
version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until
it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit
was changed from 5 to 20).

Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way
it manages the iiop connections?  When are these connections
released?  Any information about the iiop connections in 5.5
would be great.

mkurley
3/12/2007 5:29:42 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Clients open IIOP connections, and clients close them.

The server NEVER forcibly closes an IIOP connection, it waits
for the client to do it.

So if you are seeing more connections, check your client(s).
You can use:

     netstat -a

to check (from O/S) how many actual connections are active.

mkurley wrote:
> We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5.  We are noticing
> different behavior with the iiop sessions.  We are running
> the same code on both versions.  Basically we only have
> stateless session beans deployed to EAServer.  With 5.2 the
> number of iiop sessions never goes above 2.  However with
> version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until
> it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit
> was changed from 5 to 20).
>
> Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way
> it manages the iiop connections?  When are these connections
> released?  Any information about the iiop connections in 5.5
> would be great.
>
> Thanks
0
Evan
3/12/2007 10:04:11 PM
Thanks for the information about the client controlling the
connection.

But I have the same code deployed to 5.2 and 5.5 and also
running the same test on both version.   Why are the
connections never going above 2 in 5.2 however with 5.5 we
max out at 20 and get the out of connections error.

Something had to change between version 5.2 and 5.5 for me
to see this difference in the open iiop connections?  Could
a default property setting in 5.5 be set to something
different which would cause me to see this different
behavior?

> Clients open IIOP connections, and clients close them.
>
> The server NEVER forcibly closes an IIOP connection, it
> waits for the client to do it.
>
> So if you are seeing more connections, check your
> client(s). You can use:
>
>      netstat -a
>
> to check (from O/S) how many actual connections are
> active.
>
> mkurley wrote:
> > We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5.  We are
> > noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions.  We
> > are running the same code on both versions.  Basically
> > we only have stateless session beans deployed to
> > EAServer.  With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never
> > goes above 2.  However with version 5.5 the number of
> > iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20
> > (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5
> > to 20).
> > Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the
> > way it manages the iiop connections?  When are these
> > connections released?  Any information about the iiop
> > connections in 5.5 would be great.
> >
> > Thanks
0
mkurley
3/13/2007 1:20:32 PM
mkurley wrote:
> We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5.  We are noticing
> different behavior with the iiop sessions.  We are running
> the same code on both versions.  Basically we only have
> stateless session beans deployed to EAServer.  With 5.2 the
> number of iiop sessions never goes above 2.  However with
> version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until
> it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit
> was changed from 5 to 20).
>
> Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way
> it manages the iiop connections?  When are these connections
> released?  Any information about the iiop connections in 5.5
> would be great.

do you have connection timeout set in the client orb props?
0
Adam

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

EAServer 5.1 vs 5.1 or 5.0
I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and 5.1 or between version 5.0 and version 5.2. Will appreciate any response in this regards. TIA Sandy wrote: > I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Sandy, Where are you seeing EAServer 5.2??? I just checked downloads on Sybase for the last 12 months and there is no 5.2 version. > Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and > 5.1 or You would want to use 5.1 and not 5...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

Easerver 5.2 and JDK 1.5
Hello everybody : Anybody got EAServer 5.2 to work with JDK 1.5? I'm getting this error : failed to access Jaguar/JavaInit Thanks. -Kian- I would think that the easerver code is compatible with 1.5. It would be the same situation if you try and run java code in 1.4 that had been compiled with 1.3. Having said that I just ran some code compiled with 1.4.2 using 1.5.0_01 and it ran so it might be something else. In getting easerver to run with jdk1.5.0 did you just modify one of the variables in the setenv.bat file? Even if you did get it to work I doub...

EAServer 5.2 on Linux with PB10.5
Hi, I'm trying out PB10.5 with EAServer 5.2 and tested some JDBC connections to database Firebird 1.5 on my XP notebook. I got no problem with this. However, when I tried to deploy to Jaguar EAServer 5.2 on Linux I got this error message 060038-Error: Unable to service request for servlet: jspservlet. 060039-Error: Servlet exception contained the following root cause exception: org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT.NOT.EXIST minor code: 0 completed: No Am I missing some files or something?? Check in Jaguar.log for more details. It is likely that your PBVM is not set up properl...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

CLUSTERING IN EASERVER 5.5
While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component \WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path specified)" and after the server don't synchronize. tarun.sagar@gmail.com wrote... > While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried > to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster > b...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

EAServer 5.5 crash
Hi All, The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I check the log, the last row that I found in log is following: Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the log on the day the server crashed. I am currently chec...

EAServer 5.5 just closes at time of connection
I've had EAServer 5.5 installed on Windows Server for several months as we prep it for deployment. I removed the excess listeners. I added my connection caches. I'd stop it. I'd start it. I would ping the connection caches. I'd do all of this through EAserver manager. It was working great. THEN...I got to a point where I tried deploying a package to it from Powerbuilder 11.5 for the first time, BUT over a broadband VPN connection. The deployment failed. I have NOT been able to connect to EAServer since, even after uninstall and reinstall. I can get EAser...

Web resources about - EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2 - sybase.easerver.j2ee

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...