Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP

Hello!

Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components

I'm having quite some problems with my character sets...
Here is how our system is set up
Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
EAServer codeset utf8
Connection cache: utf-8
JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html;
charset=windows-1252" %>

I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form
the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to
work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all
utf-8, I don't get any accentuated characters (french) or
special characters...

Can someone please explain how each one of these settings
works and if they work... I think I've understood something,
but obviously not enough to make it work... I've also tried
to set the component and connection cache code sets to utf-8
and cp1252 (from the EAServer Manager).

Thanks for your time
Best regards
0
Neil
12/7/2006 12:29:25 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3
I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. ...

EAServer 5.3 JDK 1.5 problems
I've upgraded my EAServer to patch 14147, following it's instructions I've also changed the serverstart.bat and the setenv.bat. I can deploy a jar created using JDK 1.4.2_06, and create stubs and skeletons (deploying manually or using ant scripts). When I deploy the same code in jar file compilied with JDK 1.5.0_09 I get a bunch of warnings: [jag_gen_stubs] java.lang.ClassFormatError: version number not valid which looks like this in the Jaguar log: Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050015-Generate code for: Package / MyFramework Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050016-Generation c...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry
What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used? set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so if they are filled in they'll be appended to the path constructed in SERVERSTART.BAT. There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version. If the PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as it's set now. On 15 Mar ...

Web resources about - Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP - sybase.easerver.j2ee

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles