Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)

Hello,

After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble
deploying my EJB jar file.

If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it
fails outright with messages below.  However, if I attempt to deploy
using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are
warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post).

Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager?

SYSTEM PARTICULARS:
   EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition
   Running Jaguar with -jdk15
   "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Manager reports:
        Sybase Central 4.3.0.2314
        Plug-ins:  EAServer Manager Version 5.5.0
                       Security Manager  Version 5.5.0
   Have rebuild all files in my jar file using JDK 1.5.0_09
   Windows x86 system

EASERVER MANAGER MESSAGE BOX:
   A problem occurred whild deploying file
   'C:\P21\images\TPCXJava\TPCXJava.jar':
   Unsupported major.minor version 49.0

ASSOCIATED JAGMGR.LOG MESSAGES:
Mar 05 11:28:10 2007: Warning: You have attempted to log a message
with an API that requires localization, but the localized key was not
found in a resouce bundle.
Key: 109999
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported major.minor version 49.0
	at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.EjbDescriptor.getMethodDescriptors(EjbDescriptor.java:
1141)
	at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.EjbDescriptor.convertMethodPermissions(EjbDescriptor.java:
685)
	at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.EjbDescriptor.getExcludedMethodDescriptors(EjbDescriptor.java:
671)
	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.installBeansinJaguar(JEarImporter.java:
2641)
	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.deployEJBBundle(JEarImporter.java:
805)
	at
com.sybase.jaguar.management.deploytool.EarImporterCallClass.run(EarImporterCallClass.java:
348)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Mar 05 11:28:10 2007: Warning: You have attempted to log a message
with an API that requires localization, but the localized key was not
found in a resouce bundle.
Key:
com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: Unsupported major.minor version
49.0
	at
com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.deployEJBBundle(JEarImporter.java:
836)
	at
com.sybase.jaguar.management.deploytool.EarImporterCallClass.run(EarImporterCallClass.java:
348)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Thanks,

-=Helen=-

0
helen
3/5/2007 4:31:35 PM
sybase.easerver.j2ee 2067 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The reason for the issue is most probably your EAServer Manager is
running with JDK1.4 and its trying to read class files that are compiled
with JDK1.5. EAServer Manager opens up the ear (or jar) files and does
some processing and tries to load some of the classes.

With jagtool/jagant this does not happen as this tools don't look inside
the ear (or jar) files.

Possible solution to issue
1) try to compile your classes with JDK1.4
2) try to run EAServer Manager with JDK1.5 (not sure if EAServer Manager
is supported to run with jdk1.5)

Thanks,

Sandip Ghayal

helen.robie@activant.com wrote:
> [...]
> com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.deployEJBBundle(JEarImporter.java:
> 805)
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.management.deploytool.EarImporterCallClass.run(EarImporterCallClass.java:
> 348)
>
> Mar 05 11:28:10 2007: Warning: You have attempted to log a message
> with an API that requires localization, but the localized key was not
> found in a resouce bundle.
> Key:
> com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: Unsupported major.minor version
> 49.0
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.importer.JEarImporter.deployEJBBundle(JEarImporter.java:
> 836)
> 	at
> com.sybase.jaguar.management.deploytool.EarImporterCallClass.run(EarImporterCallClass.java:

0
Sandip
3/5/2007 6:10:35 PM
I will gladly try running EAServer Manager with something other than
the default JDK -- how do I do that?

Thanks,

-=Helen=-

0
helen
3/5/2007 6:40:37 PM
I have tried setting JAVA_HOME in jagmgr.bat (to JAGUAR_JDK15, which
is %JAGUAR%\jdk\jdk1.5.0_09).

No change.  It seems one cannot deploy from the EAServer Manager plug-
in when using EAServer V5.5 and JDK 1.5.

If I learn differently, I'll update...

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and help (both here and in the
"general" forum where I posted before realizing that this j2ee forum
was really the more correct location),

-=Helen=-

0
helen
3/6/2007 5:00:37 PM
Hi Helen,

You can try this work around (Though it is not a supported configuration
by Sybase)

Try this out.

go to

Shared\Sybase Central 4.3\win32

then run

scjview -batch

it will create sybasecentral.bat

edit this file to point to jdk1.5

then go back to your $JAGUAR/bin directory and open jagmgr.bat file and

replace

call "<something>\Shared\Sybase Central 4.3\win32\scjview"

with

call "<something>\Shared\Sybase Central 4.3\win32\sybasecentral.bat"

Hope this solves your problem.

Please back up your original files before changing them.

Thanks,

Sandip

helen.robie@activant.com wrote:
> I have tried setting JAVA_HOME in jagmgr.bat (to JAGUAR_JDK15, which
> is %JAGUAR%\jdk\jdk1.5.0_09).
>
> No change.  It seems one cannot deploy from the EAServer Manager plug-
> in when using EAServer V5.5 and JDK 1.5.
>
> If I learn differently, I'll update...
>
> Thanks to everyone for suggestions and help (both here and in the
> "general" forum where I posted before realizing that this j2ee forum
> was really the more correct location),
>
> -=Helen=-

0
Sandip
3/14/2007 4:42:22 PM
Thank you for the suggestion -- I did try that.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  It caused problems with the
Jaguar Manager even being able to load.  From the error
messages it looked like the use of the AWT/Swing classes in
JDK 1.5 was incompatible.

Since my original post, I was in touch with Sybase.  It
sounds as though they do not plan to address this
limitation, since as of V6.0, the EAServer Manager has been
rewritten/replaced.

Just for everyone's information...

-=Helen=-
0
Helen

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EJB Deployment problem with EAServer 5.5 (Windows x86)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy with jag_deploy, the deployment seems to work (that is, the task reports success and I am able to use my EJBs), but I receive warning messages. I'm wondering about these warnings. I'm wondering if it's related to the compilation of generated skeletons and stubs: If I run jag_deploy and do not generate skeletons and stubs it runs without error and without warning. If I further use the jag_gen_stubsandskels task and do NOT compile, that task...

EJB Deployment problem with EAServer 5.5 (Windows x86)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy with jag_deploy, the deployment seems to work (that is, the task reports success and I am able to use my EJBs), but I receive warning messages. I'm wondering about these warnings. I'm wondering if it's related to the compilation of generated skeletons and stubs: If I run jag_deploy and do not generate skeletons and stubs it runs without error and without warning. If I further use the jag_gen_stubsandskels task and do NOT compile, that task...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

WebService deployment on easerver 5.5
Hi, I'm testing the evaluation version of Powerbuilder 11.5. In this tests I'm facing a problem on exposing EAServer component as WebService. The environement is : Powerbuilder 11.5.1 - Build 4608 EAServer 5.5.0 - Build 55012 When I select the EAServer 5.X in the Web service type of the EAserver component project and try to deploy, the following message appear : Exposing Component as a Web Service... Web service deployment failed. Exception:WSTAdminException: WSTAdminException: (500)Internal Server Error In the log file there is : 80916-System exception 'CORBA::BAD_...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

EAServer 5.1 vs 5.1 or 5.0
I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and 5.1 or between version 5.0 and version 5.2. Will appreciate any response in this regards. TIA Sandy wrote: > I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Sandy, Where are you seeing EAServer 5.2??? I just checked downloads on Sybase for the last 12 months and there is no 5.2 version. > Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and > 5.1 or You would want to use 5.1 and not 5...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

CLUSTERING IN EASERVER 5.5
While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component \WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path specified)" and after the server don't synchronize. tarun.sagar@gmail.com wrote... > While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried > to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster > b...

EAServer 5.5 crash
Hi All, The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I check the log, the last row that I found in log is following: Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the log on the day the server crashed. I am currently chec...

Web resources about - Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5) - sybase.easerver.j2ee

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo