URGENT - When i deploy my web server i can't start a jaguar session

Hi everyone,
I use jaguar as my webserver. For the internet, i open port 80, and i have
no problem to people access my site( i only need port 80 for www access).

I want to connect with manager/pb80 from dev pc's, to deploy and
administrate jaguar and i hadn't success (Ioop connections).

I have a NAT(Cisco) between my pc and de webserver(jaguar). All ports are
open and i have success connecting via ftp and others application between my
pc and webserver.

Only iiop connections (manager, pb8) have no success !! I saw that iiop
first opens a connection with jaguar with success (netstat -na) and after
this try to open a second connection with the Jaguar(maybe is usual in iiop
protocol!?).
The second connection uses other Ip than the ip defined in Manager/pb8.0
profile. That ip is the real ip of my webserver, so can't have success.

Can some one explain that? There are any special configuration in EAS for
iiop connections with nat (routers/firewalls) ??

That in advance,
Paulo Sergio

0
Paulo

Check your IIOP listener in EAServer to make sure it is set to the
host name or the IP address of the EAServer. By default it is set to
localhost.

Also, make sure your firewall has the port used by the IIOP listener
opened (9000 by default).

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:44:14 -0000, "Paulo S�rgio"
<paulo.sergio@bvlp.pt> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I use jaguar as my webserver. For the internet, i open port 80, and i have
>no problem to people access my site( i only need port 80 for www access).
>
>I want to connect with manager/pb80 from dev pc's, to deploy and
>administrate jaguar and i hadn't success (Ioop connections).
>
>I have a NAT(Cisco) between my pc and de webserver(jaguar). All ports are
>open and i have success connecting via ftp and others application between my
>pc and webserver.
>
>Only iiop connections (manager, pb8) have no success !! I saw that iiop
>first opens a connection with jaguar with success (netstat -na) and after
>this try to open a second connection with the Jaguar(maybe is usual in iiop
>protocol!?).
>The second connection uses other Ip than the ip defined in Manager/pb8.0
>profile. That ip is the real ip of my webserver, so can't have success.
>
>Can some one explain that? There are any special configuration in EAS for
>iiop connections with nat (routers/firewalls) ??
>
>That in advance,
>Paulo Sergio

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

0
dfish

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

can't start the web server for ASP.Net Web Application!
Hi folks. I installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional and other necessary files, such as Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v1.1, etc on my Windows XP computer. But When I tried to start new project for developing ASP .NET Web Application, there was an error message saying: "Visual Studio can't create or open the application because the web server on this computer is not running. Start the web server before proceeding" How and Why? Please someone tell me how to configure and setup the web server. Thank you! Things to check: 1.) What version of XP...

Can't start X server and can't install NVIDIA display driver when upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2
Hi, all, I upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2 according to official portal "system upgrade". Code: -------------------- #zypper ref -------------------- Code: -------------------- #zypper dup -------------------- After complete, I restart the system, it just can login in by terminate. When I run Code: -------------------- #startx -------------------- Got below message: > > ... > Current version of pixman: 0.18.0 > Before reportign problems, check help http://wiki.x.og > to make sure that you have the latest version. > Ma...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

Can't Start Jaguar Server
The Jaguar server will not start. I receive the following error message: An error occurred in operating the Jaguar server. Please check the console and server log file. Press any key to continue... The only thing that's changed between when Jaguar was working and not working is that I installed the EAF.JAR file (available from Cynergy Systems framework). After deploying that JAR file, installing existing package EAF, and generating/compiling the stubs, I could not start Jaguar server. Any ideas? SRV.LOG contains the following information: Jan 03 07:52:52 2001: 2 Phase Co...

Can't start Apache Web server
hello every, i'm having a problem starting the apache2 http daemon: i can only start the server when i'm connected to a network when i try to start the service when offline i get the following message : Code: -------------------- # rcapache2 start -verbose Starting httpd2 (prefork) Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE) Server built: 2011-11-28 13:31:56.000000000 +0000 failed apachectl start -------------------- note the error log file shows nothing(i'm using loglevel debug) also this bug is new in OpenSUSE 12.1 -BUT I HAVE MANAGED TO ST...

Can't start Jaguar server
Hello all, I can no longer start my Jaguar 1.1.1 server after generating some new stubs. Below is the output I get when I try to start the server, which now crashes. The two lines marked with '*' started appearing a couple of days ago when I removed the sampleCache connection cache using the Jag Manager tool (I have never run the sample apps). A few minutes ago I recompiled my stubs, brought the server down and tried to bring it up and got the assertion failure (the line marked with '$') and a visit from the good Dr. Watson. I have another test server so I can sta...

Urgent - can't start server
$ 00:00000:00000:2000/11/01 13:04:40.34 kernel Using config area from primary master device. File Size Limit Exceeded - core dumped [1] + Done ./startserver -f $SYBASE/install/RUN_ab & Can't say I've seen this before (which is surprising, really) However, I would check the size of your errorlog file, it may have grown too large. Try renaming it, ASE will start a new one with the original name. Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > $ 00:00000:00000:2000/11/01 13:04:40.34 kernel Using config area from > primary master device. > File Si...

I can't log in when deployed to a IIS 7 site, but I can with F5 or with a web app in that web site
I created a website in ASP.NET using a database set up the aspnet_regsql utility. I can log in fine when I hit F5 and run the app or when I use the copy web site tool to create a new web app in an existing site, but when I publish or copy the files to the web site itself set up in IIS I get failed login when I try to log in. I've got anonymous and forms authentication enabled in the site. Is there some magic setting I'm missing to allow me to log into the app from the site as opposed to the temp server set up with F5 or the web app set up in the copy web site tool? Thanks, ...

Can't Deploy CRXI R2 to Windows 2003 Server
Using VS 2005 and a licensed copy of CRXI R2 Developer Edition, I have developed an ASP.NET app that uses the crystalreportviewer.  The app works flawlessly on my XP development box, but when I deploy it to my web server running 2003 Server, the report shows up, but the toolbar images do not.  So, I manually changed the path to the toolbar images, after which they show up, but then none of the buttons such as export or print work.  It looks as if a postback takes place, but then there is no popup box.  Popup blocker is turned off. I have tried the following: 1...

Web resources about - URGENT - When i deploy my web server i can't start a jaguar session - sybase.easerver.general