Upgrade EAServer 3.6.1 to 4.1.1 problem

In 3.6.1, we utilized the com.sybase.jdbx.SybResultSet
and com.sybase.jdbx.TextPointer classes.  These classes
are gone from 4.1.1.  What happened and what's the alternative?

Cathy

0
Cathy

Those were part of the JConnect 4.x suite, which implemented JDBC 1.0.  We
no longer support JDBC 1, as JDBC 2.0 has been out for quite a while
(JConnect 5.x is the JDBC 2.0 compliant software).

Most of the classes that were in JConnect 4.x are also in JConnect 5.x.  The
JAR file (jconn2.jar) should have everything in it.  You can open the JAR
using Winzip or the JAR command, and use it to find the latest classes.

Also, we have documentation for JConnect 5.5 (the latest version) on the
www.sybase.com website.  Just do a search for JConnect.

Jonathan

--
--------------------
Jonathan Baker

"Cathy Weimer" <cathyweimer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In 3.6.1, we utilized the com.sybase.jdbx.SybResultSet
> and com.sybase.jdbx.TextPointer classes.  These classes
> are gone from 4.1.1.  What happened and what's the alternative?
>
> Cathy

0
Jonathan

4.1.3 Upgrade from 4.1.1 problem
We are experiencing a problem starting our Jaguar 4.1.3 after we upgraded from 4.1.1. Both the debug and the regular Jaguar servers are not starting. We get this message in the console window. Application Integrator for CICS Option Licensed java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sybase/jaguar/util/JSystem **** An error occurred in operating the Jaguar server. Please check the console and server log file. **** Press any key to continue . . . When we check the jaguar.log file, the last few lines are : Nov 01 11:15:30 2002: Java component debugging disabled Nov 01 11:15:31 2002: E...

Upgrade EAServer 3.6.1 to 4.1 and html script
While upgrading EAserver to 4.1 from 3.6.1 we noticed that one of many server scripts in our htm page in our EAserver web app no longer function - this one is: String my_string; int delete_pos; delete_pos = my_string.indexOf("\""); My guess is that we need to include something in our htm page? Also, where can we find any documentation on using valid java server scripts and html for EAServer without web targets from PB? The error in the Jaguarhttpservlet.log is: Dec 21 14:05:46 2002: Static resource not found, service request failed. Dec 21 14:05:46 2002: javax...

LDAP_EXTENSION_PASSWORD_MODIFY (1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1)
------_=_NextPart_001_01C74AEB.77AA1A04 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 $secureLDAP->root_dse->supported_extension(1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1); =20 $secureLDAP->root_dse->supported_extension("LDAP_EXTENSION_PASSWORD_MODI FY"); my $dse =3D $secureLDAP->root_dse; my @extn =3D $dse->get_value('supportedExtension'); =20 print "\n[" . join("::",@extn) . "]"; =20 =20 which results in=20 [1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.200...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 problem
I upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1, but made a mistake in the method of upgrading and need to know if I can "undo" my mistake.I created a backup of my web.config file then unzipped 3.1.1 over 3.1.0, the browsed to the site.  The upgrade proceeded without a problem.  However, I now discover that I should have copied specific keys to the release.config and then used that as my new web.config. I did that after the fact but DNN gives me errors when trying to start.What do I need to do to get the new release.config file working? Can I just delete the entry in the Versions table th...

Problems upgrading EAS 4.1 to 4.1.1
Hi, I installed the upgrade from EAS 4.1 to 4.1.1 but after rebooting the machine EAServer cannot start! It says something about a class com/sybase/jaguar/util/JSystem I did something wrong upgrading TIA Raul ===== Server is running in 1PC Transaction mode. Aug 19 12:29:46 2002: Starting Jaguar CTS Aug 19 12:29:46 2002: Server's native codeset is utf8 Aug 19 12:29:46 2002: Library: 'libjjdk12.dll' for component type 'java' Aug 19 12:29:46 2002: Java JIT Compiler enabled Aug 19 12:29:46 2002: Java component debugging disabled Aug 19 12:29:48 200...

Upgrading from version 3.6.1 to EA Server 4.1.1

EAServer 4.1.1 & JCE 1.2.1 Exception
I'm getting an exception related to some encryption with Jaguar. I've placed all the JCE Jars in the BOOTCLASSPATH but am still getting this exception: Jun 06 11:20:23 2002: PBEExample() caught exception 'java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError' with message 'null'. Jun 06 11:20:23 2002: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs Jun 06 11:20:23 2002: at javax.crypto.b.<clinit>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]) Jun 06 11:20:23 2002: at javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.getInstance([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]) ...

Upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.9
The docs say NOT to install on top of an existing installation so I didn't. Instead I created an empty directory e:\SeaMonkey119 and installed there. Now how do I get my address book, bookmarks, filed messages, ... to the new one? I sincerely hope I don't have to type in everything by hand! :-( Ted Sir: user@domain.invalid wrote: > The docs say NOT to install on top of an existing installation so I > didn't. Instead I created an empty directory e:\SeaMonkey119 and > installed there. Now how do I get my address book, bookmarks, filed > messages, ...

EAServer 3.6.1.1?
Can anyone tell me when EA Server 3.6.1.1 is due out? I heard mid feb but cannot find further. ...

Problem using Wine 1.1.49_1 on 11.3 and Wine 1.3.12-3.4 11.4
I have a problem using Wine on openSUSE 11.3 and 11.4 Not this used to work fine for opensuse 10.2 i think i should explain a scenario here first. I am using self contained encrypted usb memory stick which is primarily design for windows XP. they way i used it on 10.2 is as follows: - plug in usb device and mount it to a folder (mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/temp) - goto that particular folder and run exe file using wine. - it displays an explorer window to input password - when password is typed in press enter and it will display the usb memory stick contents. Now on ...

Problem Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6.1
I had 1.5 up and running just fine. Instead of upgrading, I'm just removing all of 1.5 (done) and then installing 1.6.1. I get this error when I try to add a pic to an album. Any thoughts? A generic error occurred in GDI+. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated du...

Web resources about - Upgrade EAServer 3.6.1 to 4.1.1 problem - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo