setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow

Hi all,

I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a
web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row,
column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being
I've succes using

  document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus();

in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page.
Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve
what I want? I thought it should be something like

  dwClient.SetRow(1);
  dwClient.SetColumn("username");
  dwClient.SetFocus();

but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties.

TIA

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

0
Chris

The SetColumn doesn't work with the WebDW. You did it correctly with the
document.dwClient...focus() function call.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a
> web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row,
> column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being
> I've succes using
>
>  document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus();
>
> in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page.
> Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve
> what I want? I thought it should be something like
>
>  dwClient.SetRow(1);
>  dwClient.SetColumn("username");
>  dwClient.SetFocus();
>
> but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties.
>
> TIA
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh

0
Larry

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

Set Focus on Column in external datawindow
How do I set the focus to a column in an external datawindow ? Specifically: I have an external dw with an editable column. After the user edits the column, a remote object validates the entry. If validation fails, I want the focus to go back to the column, with the text selected. I tried to use the itemchanged event (returning 1) but that seems to trigger the datawindow validation message, and I need to display different messages depending on what the user typed. SetColumn doesn't work either, the cursor always goes to the next column in the tab order. I guess the fact that I...

setting a column of a datawindow for all rows to a value
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to set all rows of a column in a datawindow to 1 value, without looping through all of the rows. I tried the: dw_export_marked_extract_c.Object.<column_name>.Primary[1, li_num_rows] = li_value but, it only sets the first row in the datawindow to the li_value. It did work with an array of li_value[], where every element is the same value. But you still have to loop through the array to populate it. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Unless the data that you ...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

set null a column in all the row the datawindow
I have a datawindow where I want set a null a column in all the row with a only sentence. Actually I execute double ld_precilista setnull (ld_precilista) for ll_row = 1 to dw_articulos.rowcount( ) dw_articulos.setitem( ll_row , "campo5", ld_precilista) next I look for a good form, somebody knows it ...

Custom Web datawindow and setting focus
I am using a custom datawindow component and I was wondering how I set focus to the first field on my datawindow. I have set the tab order on the datawindow itself but when I view it through a browser the focus does not appear in the first field. Kind Regards Colin Brown First I would suggest you post Web DW questions in the htmldw forum. Here's something from an old thread. << <YourDWObjectName>_dataForm.<YourColumnName>_0.focus();>> -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Branick Consulting, Inc. www.branick-inc.com Web DataWindow eBook &qu...

Set value to DDDW column of the Web DataWindow
I can't set value to the DropDownDataWidnow column of the Web Datawindow. I can set value to the non-DDDW column. Is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Kevin, You can also do this with the HTMLGenerator component with client-side script. For example, if the itemchanged event you can use setitem. dwMine.SetItem(row,columnname,value) Does that help? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708 Kevin Dinh wrote in message ....

setting focus to new row in N-up datawindow
Using: PB6.5, DB2, Windows95 I'm trying to set focus to a newly inserted row in a N-up datawindow. There are 6 rows per detail band, with only one visible column on each row, tblink_bcms_case_id_[n], 1<=n<=6. Here's what I have so far: // position the cursor at the next n-up position il_newrow = dw_2.InsertRow(0) li_rtn = dw_2.ScrolltoRow(il_newrow) // determine correct column name of new row li_colnumber = Mod(il_newrow, 6) IF (li_colnumber = 0) THEN li_colnumber = 6 ls_colname = "tblink_bcms_case_id_" + String(li_colnumber) li_rtn = dw_2.SetColumn(ls_co...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

How to set a column invisible in a datawindow for a specific row.
anyone can help??? Hi, depends on how the specific row is specified. In general you have to use an expression for the visible property of the column. To hide the column in the first row, the expression is if( getRow() = 1 , 0, 1) If the expression returns 1, the column is visible, if 0 unvisible. It depends on your PB version, where to code this expression in the datawindow painter. Chris Werner "KIWA" <angtoonyew@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ss2r4oW6CHA.181@forums.sybase.com... > anyone can help??? > > KIW...

Web resources about - setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow - sybase.easerver.general