Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5

Hi all,

I am new to this arena.  I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop.  As far
as I can tell everything went fine.

I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section
Starting
EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager.

When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the
following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect.

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused
douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 minor code: 0 completed:No

I don't even know where to start looking for how to run down the cause of
this problem.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

0
Doug

One place to look is in the Jaguar.log file that is located in the EAServer
Bin directory.

What settings are you using to try and connect?

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP-Power3

www.pb9books.com
PB9 Advanced Client-Server
PB9 Distributed Application Development
"Doug Harding" <douha@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this arena.  I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop.  As
far
> as I can tell everything went fine.
>
> I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section
> Starting
> EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager.
>
> When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the
> following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect.
>
> org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused
> douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>  minor code: 0 completed:No
>
> I don't even know where to start looking for how to run down the cause of
> this problem.
>
> Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

0
Bill
2/28/2004 3:59:29 AM
Thanks for your response Bill,

After rereading and rereading the guide, I finally noticed the phrase With
EAServer running.  I hadn't noticed that.  So I started EAServer and then
was able to get the manager to start.

One of these days I will learn how to read.

Doug

"Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> One place to look is in the Jaguar.log file that is located in the
EAServer
> Bin directory.
>
> What settings are you using to try and connect?
>
> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> VP-Power3
> www.power3.com
>
> www.pb9books.com
> PB9 Advanced Client-Server
> PB9 Distributed Application Development
> "Doug Harding" <douha@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to this arena.  I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop.  As
> far
> > as I can tell everything went fine.
> >
> > I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section
> > Starting
> > EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager.
> >
> > When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the
> > following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect.
> >
> > org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused
> > douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused:
connect
> >  minor code: 0 completed:No
> >
> > I don't even know where to start looking for how to run down the cause
of
> > this problem.
> >
> > Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Doug

0
Doug
2/28/2004 5:25:36 PM
<g> It's like all good instructions. If all else fails, plug-it-in....<g>

--

> Thanks for your response Bill,
>
> After rereading and rereading the guide, I finally noticed the phrase With
> EAServer running.  I hadn't noticed that.  So I started EAServer and then
> was able to get the manager to start.
>
> One of these days I will learn how to read.
>
> Doug
>
> "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> > One place to look is in the Jaguar.log file that is located in the
> EAServer
> > Bin directory.
> >
> > What settings are you using to try and connect?
> >
> > --
> > Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> > VP-Power3
> > www.power3.com
> >
> > www.pb9books.com
> > PB9 Advanced Client-Server
> > PB9 Distributed Application Development
> > "Doug Harding" <douha@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am new to this arena.  I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop.
As
> > far
> > > as I can tell everything went fine.
> > >
> > > I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver
section
> > > Starting
> > > EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager.
> > >
> > > When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the
> > > following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect.
> > >
> > > org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused
> > > douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused:
> connect
> > >  minor code: 0 completed:No
> > >
> > > I don't even know where to start looking for how to run down the cause
> of
> > > this problem.
> > >
> > > Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Doug

0
Bill

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

Web Based EAServer Manager for EAServer 5.0
I loaded up EAServer 5.0. Everything works just fine with the exception of the web based EAServer Manager access. When I try to use it I get a "500 Servlet mgmt: unable to service request: null" error on the left frame where the folders and other items should go. Has anyone else received this error and if so how did you correct it. Thanks I'm not clear on what you mean by the web-based EAServer Manager, could you elaborate? There is a web-based Systems Management GUI, which I'm guessing is what you may mean, but its a long way away from being a web-based EASe...

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

Session problems in EAServer 5.5
I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format machinename.subdomain1.subdomain2.domain.net. My session objects don't work when moving from one page to the other. I didn't fill-in the HTTP-domainname field in easerver properties but it still doesn't work... Even the Sybase WebConsole management webtool doesn't work! Anyone with a workaround? Please help! Please don't cross-post. Thanks! Jonathan Shola Odutola wrote: > I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format > machinename.subdo...

Problem to start EAServer 5.5
Can not start EA Server 5.5. Error message: The procedure entry point JagClient_CPPLoadLibrary could not be located in the dynamic link library libjcc.dll. In Jaguarout.log is a message: Error: Unable to load EA Server Runtime Library: libjeas.dll Any suggestion, anyone? Check your pathing - have you got an earlier version of EAServer or PB that may be in your path before EAServer 5.5? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] "Josef" <josef.mlensky@3lsystem.se> wrote in message news:46de7593@forums-1-dub... > Can not start E...

Seesion problems in EAServer 5.5
I deployed a J2EE app on a machine with a full machinename in this format machinename.subdomain1.subdomain2.domain.net. My session objects don't work when moving from one page to the other. I didn't fill-in the HTTP-domainname field in easerver properties but it still doesn't work... Even the Sybase WebConsole management webtool doesn't work! Anyone with a workaround? Please help! Your session objects are tied to the specific host name you gave to EAServer. If your machine has a different name, the cookies you set won't be set for the correct site. Check th...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

EAServer 5.3 JDK 1.5 problems
I've upgraded my EAServer to patch 14147, following it's instructions I've also changed the serverstart.bat and the setenv.bat. I can deploy a jar created using JDK 1.4.2_06, and create stubs and skeletons (deploying manually or using ant scripts). When I deploy the same code in jar file compilied with JDK 1.5.0_09 I get a bunch of warnings: [jag_gen_stubs] java.lang.ClassFormatError: version number not valid which looks like this in the Jaguar log: Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050015-Generate code for: Package / MyFramework Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050016-Generation c...

Web resources about - Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5 - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo