Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1

I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition)
towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition).
I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a
mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC).

I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) :

oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection
from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for
this server.
oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW:    RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below
oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW:    Cannot connect!
Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connection from Jaguar yet no error
was returned from the Jaguar Server!

it is true this option does not have a licence, but it is not necessary.

If we restarting the server all functions correctly during ???. EAServer
automatically copies in the connection cache the name of the serveur in the
zone server name XA
we cannot remove the name of server XA, it is automatically recreates.

Thank you for your help.

0
Philippe

Contact me by email and I will send you a patch for this.
a.

Philippe Bucaille wrote:
> I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition)
> towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition).
> I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a
> mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC).
>
> I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) :
>
> oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection
> from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for
> this server.
> oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW:    RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below
> oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW:    Cannot connect!
> Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connection from Jaguar yet no error
> was returned from the Jaguar Server!
>
> it is true this option does not have a licence, but it is not necessary.
>
> If we restarting the server all functions correctly during ???. EAServer
> automatically copies in the connection cache the name of the serveur in the
> zone server name XA
> we cannot remove the name of server XA, it is automatically recreates.
>
> Thank you for your help.

0
Adam

EAServer 5.1 vs 5.1 or 5.0
I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and 5.1 or between version 5.0 and version 5.2. Will appreciate any response in this regards. TIA Sandy wrote: > I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Sandy, Where are you seeing EAServer 5.2??? I just checked downloads on Sybase for the last 12 months and there is no 5.2 version. > Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and > 5.1 or You would want to use 5.1 and not 5...

JSF 1.1 on Easerver 5.5
I am currently building and application using JSF 1.1 and trying to deploy it into the Web Container on EaServer 5.5 I have built the application based on the JSP 2.3 standard and included both the props files and the sybase-easserver-config.xml within the META-INF directory of my webroot. All the necessary class library=92s are within the META-INF/lib directory. Errors: The following error has been observed in the jaguarhttpservlet log Mar 20 09:18:31 2008: HTTP Listener(s) for web applications: http://sarrcp001t1:8080 HTTPS Listener(s) supporting integ...

bad instalation ASE 12.5.2 ESD #1 ofer 12.5.1
I install EBF 11948 on 12.5.1 This is only for 12.5.2 My serwer not start. I not have 12.5.2. My 12.5.1 dev version it isn't installed because it is statement that can't installed at new version. What I can do? Dark "Dark" <darkmartin@box43.pl> wrote: > I install EBF 11948 on 12.5.1 > This is only for 12.5.2 > My serwer not start. I not have 12.5.2. > > My 12.5.1 dev version it isn't installed because it is statement that can't > installed at new version. > > What I can do? Reinstall ASE. Next time, appl...

Do I need to install 12.5.1 GA before 12.5.1 ESD #1
I've fallen a little behind with upgrades, and am still on 12.5.0.3 EBF 11339 (Win 2K Server), so following the recent security alert, i've decided to upgrade to 12.5.3. My question is - can I skip most/all of the intermediate releases or do I need to install each individual release/EBF between 12.5.0.3 and 12.5.3? For instance, in the 12.5.1 ESD #1 release, the readme file says that you must already be at 12.5.1 to install it - If this is true, where do I get the 12.5.1 GA from - it's not available as a download! TIA, BB Release Terminology: EBF: An official sof...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

EAServer 5.3 JDK 1.5 problems
I've upgraded my EAServer to patch 14147, following it's instructions I've also changed the serverstart.bat and the setenv.bat. I can deploy a jar created using JDK 1.4.2_06, and create stubs and skeletons (deploying manually or using ant scripts). When I deploy the same code in jar file compilied with JDK 1.5.0_09 I get a bunch of warnings: [jag_gen_stubs] java.lang.ClassFormatError: version number not valid which looks like this in the Jaguar log: Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050015-Generate code for: Package / MyFramework Mar 15 15:08:16 2007: 050016-Generation c...

Problem with RS 11.5.1 and ASE 11.5.1
I'm having several problems with RS. The Replication System has 2 ASE (one 11.9.2 and one 11.5.1) and one RS 11.5.1. This should be a bidirectional system. But when I try to replicate from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 with text fields it gives me the following error: ERROR #5150 DSI EXEC(104(1) PORTAL_GF.portal) - /dsiexec.c(2626) Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'HUMANED_GF' returned multiple rows. I can't understand this because I have a primary key. I also have the following problem when the RS starts: ERROR #28049 DSI(104 PORTAL_GF.portal) - sub_rsts.c(445) ...

Problem with upgrade from 11.5.1 to 12.5.2
I am upgrading an 11.5.1 server to 12.5.2. I ran the sqlupgrade utility in non-upgrade mode and fixed up the issues it threw up. There is one remaining issue which I cannot fix. The sqlupgrade utility say that I must set the "esp execution stacksize" server parameter value to a min of 50000. However when I attempt to change this on my 11.5.1 server I get the following error message. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1> sp_configure "esp execution stacksize", 50000 2> go Msg 5846, Level 16, State 1: S...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Upgrade from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub3ff97039 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I've just upgraded from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1. I tried to start the server, but it won't startup. Here is the message: sybase(ASE1250)328 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> startserver -f RUN_AMXDB sybase(ASE1250)329 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 kernel Use license file /app/sybase/SYSAM-1_0/licenses/license.dat. 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 ker...

SQLCentral problems with ASE12.5.2 and EAServer 5.1
I added ASE 12.5.2 on my W2000 PC that has EAServer 5.1 on it. I lost the plugin for EAS but got it back by reinstalling EAS client but I cannot see the installed ASE servers on the PC. Before in earlier versions I saw ASE plus the servers below and then logged in to configure them. Did I miss a step on the install for 12.5.2? TIA Joe ...

Problems to integrate Axis 1.3 to EAServer 5.1
Hi, has anyone used Axis 1.3 from EAServer 5.1? I am trying this out but gets into some problem that most probably comes from commons-logging. When I try to instantiate my Client class from an EJB on EAServer it seems that LogFactory.newInstance gets a NullpointerException. I have tried multiple things like setting used log in my client to SimpleLog or NoOpLog. I have checked the verbose log from jvm that the latest commons-logging.jar is used when loading the classes. But still it simply refuses to insantiate my Axis client. Anyone succeded with this or have any tip? ...

Intellisync 5.1.1 and GroupWise 5.5.5
I am trying to sychronize my Palm to-do list with Groupwise. When I sync I get one of two error messages in a dialog labled "Pilot connector." The messages are "Unable to read application data" or "Unable to complete translataion. I tried the solution in "Answer ID 1737" (clearing "log" file etc and resyncing). I also cleared all the tasks out of Groupwise and ran GWCHK32 and made sure the account database was not corrupted (I'm the GroupWise Admin). Upon syncing I still got the "translation" message. A single task appear...

Web resources about - Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1 - sybase.easerver.general

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack