Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2

Hi all,

I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar.

I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this
forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough.

I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend.
Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server
reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports
that only one session is active from the Jaguar server.
Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested
this from 2 machines there was still only one session. The same when I
tried calls to different components.

This means that when I get a full load, about 50-100 sessions, these are
all served with only one connection.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of this?
It's about to go in production (delay 1 month) so I could really use some
help!

technical details are at the bottom (read it! it contains answers to
previous questions about this)

Thanks in advance,

Frank van den Thillart

I use EAServer 3.5 where Jaguar runs as a web- and applicationserver with
Powerdynamo as the Web extension. The PB components have the instance
properties concurrent and bind thread on and the rest off. Only data-aware
components require transactions. The database is Oracle 8i and I use native
OCI 8.0 connection.

The calls are generated from a web browser. Each browser makes its own call.
2 client machines generated the calls with different user id's.

the property com.sybase.jaguar.component.thread.safe  is set to TRUE

The connectionstring I use is
"UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='CC_FEPDB_OCI'"

0
Frank

Web resources about - Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2 - sybase.easerver.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles