Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache

Hi all,

I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar.

I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this
forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough.

I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend.
Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server
reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports
that only one session is active from the Jaguar server.
Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested
this from 2 machines there was still only one session. The same when I
tried calls to different components.

This means that when I get a full load, about 50-100 sessions, these are
all served with only one connection.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of this?
It's about to go in production (delay 1 month) so I could really use some
help!

technical details are at the bottom

Thanks in advance,

Frank van den Thillart

Technical info:
I use EAServer 3.5 C3 where Jaguar runs as a web- and applicationserver with
Powerdynamo as the Web extension. The PB components have the instance
properties concurrent and bind thread on and the rest off. Only data-aware
components require transactions. The database is Oracle 8i and I use native
OCI 8.0 connection

The connectionstring I use is
"UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='CC_FEPDB_OCI'"

The component property 'com.sybase.jaguar.component.thread.safe' is set to
TRUE.

The calls are generated with 2 client machines and one browser per component
call. So with 60 calls I have 30 browsers running on each client. I'd expect
these calls to be asynchronous and that more than one connection is used!

0
Frank

Hi Frank,

There is a problem with oracle not supporting the Select 1 statement that is
sent if sanity checking is enabled on your connection cache, resulting in
the connection being dropped and recreated every time it is used and
effectively disabling caching.
 The workaround is to create a props file in %JAGUAR%\Repository\ConnCache
called <cachename>.props with the following property:

com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.check=select 1 from dual

Save it, recycle the server and check again.

Regards,
Ajmer

"Frank van den Thillart" <fvdthillart@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar.
>
> I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this
> forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough.
>
> I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the
backend.
> Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server
> reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports
> that only one session is active from the Jaguar server.
> Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested
> this from 2 machines there was still only one session. The same when I
> tried calls to different components.
>
> This means that when I get a full load, about 50-100 sessions, these are
> all served with only one connection.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of this?
> It's about to go in production (delay 1 month) so I could really use some
> help!
>
> technical details are at the bottom
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Frank van den Thillart
>
> Technical info:
> I use EAServer 3.5 C3 where Jaguar runs as a web- and applicationserver
with
> Powerdynamo as the Web extension. The PB components have the instance
> properties concurrent and bind thread on and the rest off. Only data-aware
> components require transactions. The database is Oracle 8i and I use
native
> OCI 8.0 connection
>
> The connectionstring I use is
> "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='CC_FEPDB_OCI'"
>
> The component property 'com.sybase.jaguar.component.thread.safe' is set to
> TRUE.
>
> The calls are generated with 2 client machines and one browser per
component
> call. So with 60 calls I have 30 browsers running on each client. I'd
expect
> these calls to be asynchronous and that more than one connection is used!

0
Ajmer

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Force Connection creation using JNDI and connection cache
Hi all, I'm using JNDI and connection cache to create connections to ASE and IQ. The problem that I'm facing is that I want that when the max number of connections is reached, new connections get created if needed by other users. This can be done using the JCMCache classes using the JCM_FORCE option in the getconnection method. What I want to know is if that can also be done using JNDI DataSource. Thanks in advance, Hugo Pedro ...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache - sybase.easerver.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles