PFC Security - third party administrative products ?

Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC
security ?

0
Peter

PFC Security Product
Throughout the years it seems that many people have been struggling with PFC security and in general how to secure a PowerBuilder application. PFC security is cumbersome to say the least and is very difficult to use and manage. Therefore, many times security is omitted completely because it is such a pain to implement. Often only a basic DBMS security is implemented. We have developed a security product that is service based that is very effective and efficient. It slides right into a PFC application with only minor coding. If you need security on your application and it needs to be ...

PFC Security Administration
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? Our SoftBolt service based security product comes with a Security Administrator, but it is used as a substitute or compliment of standard PFC security. Thus, it doesn't maintain the tables you want, but if you are open to another security approach look at www.sisugrp.com/softbolt.htm -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com "Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message news:cE4GsGZ$AHA.164@forums.sybase.c...

PFC Security Administration Application
I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and I am having problems getting the admin program running. I have set up the proper registry entries and changed the INI for the applications. The scanner program runs fine. I have no problems running the application through powerbuilder but when I build the application, run it and try confirming the add of a user, I am getting a "null object referenced" error for line 21 in the w_pfc_security_usermgmt window. In viewing the script for the window, I find that the l_ds cannot be retrieved. Any suggets would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

PFC Security Administration Report
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

Need help on PFC Security Administration
This may seem stupid, but when I enable the security services in PFC, I get the message: "table or view not found: table 'security_apps' not found." I created the security tables on our database using the DBA account, so now whenever I login to the database with an account other than DBA, I get the message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the error? I was going to resave the datawindows and put the DBA in the sql, but they are at the PFC level of the tools (not PFE), so they would be overwritten the next update of Powerbuilder (plus it...

PFC Security Administration Report Fails
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

Security User Administration Using PFC
I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to implement user administration which includes the following :- 1) Create user account in the database through the application 2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their password throught the application 3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen. I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who ...

Are Security Products a Security Risk?
"Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discovered in antivirus products" http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1445 My antivirus solution Kaspersky is one of them... Sigh... :( On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:05:21 +0800, Ryan Ernest S. Selda said: > "Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discovered in antivirus products" > > > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1445 > > > My antivirus solution Kaspersky is one of them... Sigh... :( This has already appeared here, on 8th July, in a thread entitled "Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discove...

PB 8.0 * PFC Security administrator
I am trying to runthe Security Administrator of PFCs (version 8) but when trying to SAVE a new USER / GROUP, this application return the following error: "Null object reference at line 9 in pfc_updatespending event of object w_pfcsecurity_usermgmt". Does anybody know what is this error about?. Thanks ...

Party Party Party
Wednesday night at OSCON will see the annual social event occur once more in our luxurious and palatial[1] suite. Swing by any time from 7:30 on. Dan Sugalski has kindly agreed to provide the food, and we'll have the usual booze and soft drinks paid for by your spontaneous displays of goodwill. Randal's party[2] starts at 9 but goes until late, so I'm happy to play the end of this party by ear. Usually I start making people stagger home around midnight, so that I can be functional the next day. More details will appear on: http://oscon.kwiki.org/index.cgi?p5party...

Information On 3rd Party Security Products Anyone Is Using
Would like information anyone may have on 3rd Party Security tools they are using with their Powerbuilder applications. We are currently using Powerframe for our 2-tier applications, but this is no longer supported. Would like to upgrade to a product that is supported with the newer releases of Powerbuilder. Also Powerframe is not 3-tier centric. Anyone using 3rd Party Security tools with a 3-tier PB/Jaguar application. Any feedback is appreciated.. Marvin marvin_g_mayer@fleet.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_li...

Has anyone implemented a context sensitive PFC security administration system?
Has anyone had any experience developing a context sensitive method for setting group/user permissions at an administrator level using PFC security as a base? I like the easy architecture of the PFC application security service; however, the administration program leaves something to be desired. The ideal method of implementing this service would be to allow context sensitive object permissions to be specified; for example, an administrator using a special key to popup a secondary window which would list users/groups and allow permissions to be specified for a selected object or ...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

Does EAServer support Web service Security (ws-security)?
I have been searching through documentation and newsgroups and the entire web with no luck finding the answer to this question. I know that EAServer uses Apache AXIS to implement webservices. I was wondering if it also included WSS4J to implment ws-security or not? thx Casey Loveland Comsys IT Partners casey.loveland@earthlink.net wrote... > I have been searching through documentation and newsgroups and the entire > web with no luck finding the answer to this question. > I know that EAServer uses Apache AXIS to implement webservices. I was > wondering if it...

Securing menu items using PFC Security Service
I am trying to secure menuitems in a PFC based app (PB702) using the PFC Security Service. I have a master menu in my app called m_pims_master inherited from m_master in the PFE layer. All other menus, which are associated to windows in the app, are inherited from m_pims_master. When I scan the app using the scanner, which is a standalone EXE (no PBDs), I do not see any of the menuitems that I added to the m_pims_master showing up in the template list as menuitem objects on windows that have the descendant menus of m_pims_master associated to them. Shouldn't these menuitems be liste...

Web resources about - PFC Security - third party administrative products ? - sybase.easerver.general

Administrative divisions of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Administrative divisions of India are Indian subnational administrative units; they compose a nested hierarchy of country subdivisions . ...

With an 'administrative trick', China still using prisoner organs for transplants
The relabelling of prisoners has enabled Chinese officials to include them in a new, nationwide &quot;citizen donation&quot; system that China ...

Administrative Appeals Tribunal staff to test support for industrial action
Union members at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal are seeking permission to launch industrial action.

Administrative expenses or fun with denominators
Medicare has a low administrative rate. Medicare pays roughly 4% to 5% of total expenses for administrative costs. The best run health insurers ...

Covered California Facing Administrative Collapse
The Health Consumer Alliance filed a letter before Covered California’s Board meeting warning the program is near administrative collapse.

Scriptshow: Performing five common administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell
Sometimes it’s easiest to learn something new simply by using it, and to my mind PowerShell is no exception. Often we discover new capabilities ...

Clinton: I’ll Use Administrative Actions To Implement Gun Control Plan
Clinton: I’ll Use Administrative Actions To Implement Gun Control Plan

Administrative judge rules against Hobby Lobby in transgender discrimination case
... Illinois currently requires citizens to undergo some form of surgery in order to change the gender marker on their birth certificates. Administrative ...

EPA's Clean Power Plan Shows the Need to Revitalize Administrative Law
... Plan will impose high costs for no benefit. It is time for courts to exercise the quality control function that Congress gave them in the Administrative ...

Mayor Jackson: Administrative review is next in Tamir Rice case
CLEVELAND Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said an administrative review is next in the Tamir Rice case. The mayor and Cleveland Police Chief Calvin ...