Password mismatch for the user

I created a web application and a jar file with one EJB. A servlet in the
web app gets the following message on my production server when it tries to
get a handle to the EJB in the jaguar package:

Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: AFLIB Message: 18044/11/0: Password mismatch for the
user . OS error:The parameter is incorrect.
Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: SystemException: NO_PERMISSION
(Manager/createSession - @192.168.3.1)
Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is
org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION:   minor code: 0  completed: No]

This works on my test server, but it doesnt have any security setup on it. I
also have another web app and jaguar package set up the exact same and it
works fine in production. I have both web apps and jaguar packages in the
Admin Role and have OS auth and user/group auth turned on.

Can anyone help?

Dennis

0
Dennis

Ok, i tried another server and a different web application that includes use
of some EJBs. Most of the web application works great expect two parts of it
that throw the following message:

Aug 08 22:03:17 2001: AFLIB Message: 18044/11/0: Password mismatch for the
user . OS error:The parameter is incorrect.
Aug 08 22:03:17 2001: SystemException: NO_PERMISSION
(Manager/createSession - @64.91.160.82)

Why does part of the web app work and not the rest?....its all in the same
thing!! I have jaguar running as a service under the local system account.

I am using 3.6.1 (Build 36110)

Dennis

0
Dennis
8/9/2001 2:10:12 AM
I still can't get this to work...i think there is a bug!

0
Dennis
8/10/2001 8:22:04 PM
Dennis,

This looks to be a message that would be generated when Jaguar couldn't
authenticate (Logon) a user.   Is there anything at all that you can think of
that is different between the two scenarios that you've described?    Is the
Webapp/package combo that works running on the same production server as the
combo that doesn't work?  Are each of the servlets accessed with the same
credentials?

I'm not sure what might be going on, just trying to get more info.

Willis

Dennis Marcum wrote:

> I created a web application and a jar file with one EJB. A servlet in the
> web app gets the following message on my production server when it tries to
> get a handle to the EJB in the jaguar package:
>
> Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: AFLIB Message: 18044/11/0: Password mismatch for the
> user . OS error:The parameter is incorrect.
> Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: SystemException: NO_PERMISSION
> (Manager/createSession - @192.168.3.1)
> Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is
> org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION:   minor code: 0  completed: No]
>
> This works on my test server, but it doesnt have any security setup on it. I
> also have another web app and jaguar package set up the exact same and it
> works fine in production. I have both web apps and jaguar packages in the
> Admin Role and have OS auth and user/group auth turned on.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Dennis

0
willisc
8/16/2001 11:52:50 PM
Willis,
Please read the message i posted on 8/14/2001 "AFLIB Message: 18044/11/0". I
solved the problem.
Thanks
Dennis

0
Dennis

password recover ? it sent me new user password, how can i get user password ? (not new user password )
hi password recovery sent me new user password, how can i get user password ?(not new user password) it also changed user password to new user password. i want that it should not change user password how can i do this ? SincerelyMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Refer to these two articles.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178335.aspxhttp://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/login/passwordrecovery.aspx Hope this helps.  hi thank you for your reply :) i have deleted enablePasswordReset="t...

User resets password (email is sent with new password) user logs in with new password how to redirect to change password page?
I have a page with the login control, another page with a reset password control and another page with a change password control. Login and reset work perfectly. However what I want is very simple. Once the user recieves the email with their new generic password I would like the next time that user logins in (using the new generic password) to automatically take them to the change password page. I am sure there is an easy way to do this and I just haven't figured it out. I am using VS2008. Thank you for your help! Shawn The simplest way would be to update the aspnet_Membership t...

Password, Password, Password

Passwords
--____UXAWWEDAETNQSFTBRYEA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a good (free) tool for changing passwords for a large = number of users at once? Thanks. Mike --____UXAWWEDAETNQSFTBRYEA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____NMEFFUKWDXRZRJWQBZMY____" --____NMEFFUKWDXRZRJWQBZMY____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-...

Allow User to change other users passwords
What do I need to do in order to give a user the ability to change other users passwords and not have any other admin rights? Mike Finnegan wrote: > What do I need to do in order to give a user the ability to change other > users passwords and not have any other admin rights? You can use the password management acl. See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10015319.htm for the idea in general although it is written for nw5, -- -andy Andy Thompson (SysOp) wrote: > Mike Finnegan wrote: > >> What do I need to do in order to give a...

Retrieving user password and mail to the user
I need help implementing this in my ASP.NET project but do not know how. I am using Visual studio and I have a database of Customer that contains Usernames and Password. This is how it should go: A textbox where the user will enter his or her email address and then a submit button that will pull the user password from the customer table and mail it to the email addresses typed in the textbox. Appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance. there are many step-by-step tutorials out there for sending email with asp.net. Here is a basic one. http://www.aspheute.com/english...

User Password does not Sync when creating users
Not for sure if this is the right place to post this, so please forgive me if it's wrong. I've installed IDM 3.5 to sync eDirectory and Active directory only. I have everything setup and it seems to work. When I create a user, in either AD or eDir, the user is also created in the opposite directory. If I go in and change a password on a user, it sync's up and works great. The only problem I have is, when I create a new user and give them a password on creation, then the two directories do not sync the password correctly. Example: I create user1 in eDirector...

Saving User name & Password in general, FF 1.5.0.3
1) Is it possible to enter a User Name and PW manually? 2) How does FF/url determine what UN and PW will be saved? I logged in to a URL forum today with a new UN and PW but it didn't get saved by FF. Don Nickell wrote: > 1) Is it possible to enter a User Name and PW manually? > > 2) How does FF/url determine what UN and PW will be saved? > > I logged in to a URL forum today with a new UN and PW but it didn't get > saved by FF. hey Don, you're doing it again. You post TB questions in the FF newsgroup, and now you're posting FF questions...

Password Recovery
Hi guys. I'm using the PasswordRecovery control to let the user who forgot their password to reset their password. I didn't like the default way where the system emails the new password to the user after answering the secret question. Instead, after verifying the secret question and answer, I want the user to type in the new password. The problem is the Memership API doesn't have any methods that update the password. I couldnt use MembershipUser.ChangePassword because it requires the old password, or MemeberhipUser.ResetPassword because it generates the new password by itself. I wanted...

How to create Password, while Adding user in User App
Hi, How can i add password to user while adding user in workflow. I am using Entity workflow Activity to add the user in User App. I could not able to find any attribute for password.... -- agupte ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 11/16/2010 05:06 PM, agupte wrote: > > Hi, > > How can i add password to user while adding user in workflow. > I am using Entity workflow Activity to add the user in User App. > > I could not able to find any attribute for password.... > > If you had search thi...

Get user by password and username (User no Approved)
Hi all I need get user by password and username but this user is not Approved and i can't use FormAuthentication . what way you suggestion ?  Mahdi Negahiwww.iranBuyCenter.com but this user is not Approved   i can't use FormAuthentication Do you want to use membership providers you mean and not FormsAuthentication?? can you explain a bit more ...  your requirement/problem is not clear  /GuruBhai thanx your replay  i have a website , user create new account and application send email , there is a confirm url in e-mail and user should cli...

Unknown User name/password after 2 users
We have just installed NW 5.1 with SP7 iso from novell.com (fresh install) we added our 5 user server license and an additional 25 user license. everything installed with no errors. we are going prroduction and found only 2 users can log (any two of 10) in. even admin is unable to login. we are using bindery mode, with window client for netware on win2k desktop we have current 3.12 servers worling with no issues. any suggestions? we have removed the licenses and put back, everything seems to be ok.. HELP Sounds like you have user license for the wrong version. -- Dave Lunn NSC Sy...

Emailing password to user without doing Password Recovery
Hi all,Is there a way I can send a user's password to him/her by email without invoking the Password Recovery mechanism (and in the process resetting the password)?I'm trying to do a "welcome note" which reads something like:"Welcome to XYZ portalYou can now log in at the following:Website: http://www.mysite.comUsername: multiplex7777Password: myunencryptedpassword "My passwords are currently encrypted in my database. Any help would be much appreciated. T use this mailer class:using System.Net.Mail; public class Mailer { /// <summary> /// Sends an mail message /// &l...

Administrative Password Change not expiring user password
We are on the precipice of deploying a new IDM solution linking an existing eDir to a new AD via a new IDV. We have run into a small stumbling block. NOS tree eDir 8.3.7.9/IDM 3.5.1/SSP2.06 IDV Tree eDir 8.8.3/IDM 3.6 AD W2K3/Forest 2K3 Password Policy Universal Password Options Enable Universal Password true Enable the Advanced Password Rules true Synchronize NDS password when setting Universal Password true Synchronize Simple Password when setting Universal Password false Allow user to retrieve password true Allow admin to retrieve passwords false Sync...

Web resources about - Password mismatch for the user - sybase.easerver.general

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Google trials replacing passwords with smartphones
Tech giant is trialling password-less account login with select users.

Generate passwords you can actually remember with WordCreator
It’s important to use strong passwords to secure web accounts, and there are plenty of free generators around to help. But most produce random ...

Google is testing a bold new idea for killing passwords
Google wants to see passwords die just as much as the rest of us do, which is why it's spent years coming up with wild experiments for new protocols ...

Google tests password-free logins
Google has confirmed it is testing a way for users to log in to its services using just their smartphone and no password.

2015 trends: The evolution of password security
Why you should get on board with fingerprint sensors and two-factor authentication.

Google tries again to kill the password, tests new auth idea via your phone
Google is testing a new authentication method. In a bid to get rid of the password, la GOOG will instead pop up a prompt on your phone, asking ...