OBJECT_NOT_EXIST (Session/lookup - @xxx.xx.x.xx)

I have a test cluster with two servers and one of the servers
lease expired.  I have installed the same version of
Jaguar as the other server in the cluster and the servers have
the same name and listeners, when I tried syncing the cluster
to the new server ( which kept the old servers name and ip)
I started getting the SystemException: OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
(Session/lookup - @XXX.XX.X.XX) message whenever the
server was called. I have tried deleting the cluster and recreating
it and that didn't help. I have tried syncing from the new server
making it the primary and that seems to have made the problem
switch servers. Now the new server works but the old one gets
the OBJECT_NOT_EXIST message. Has anyone else run into
this problem? or does anyone have any ideas what might be
causing this? I have Jaguar 3.6.1 C1 installed on both machines.

0
Steve

Steve
Have you tried giving the iiop listner on the old server a different
name?
A.

I am assumin

--
__________________________

Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
System Architect
ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
The University of Sydney
Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
Mobile: +61 403 341 474
Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Adam
10/2/2001 7:58:39 AM
Hi Adam, I was under the impression that all the listeners had to have
the same name on clustered servers. I'm sure the servers have to have
the same name.

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Steve
> Have you tried giving the iiop listner on the old server a different
> name?
> A.
>
> I am assumin
>
> Steve Fennessey wrote:
>
> > I have a test cluster with two servers and one of the servers
> > lease expired.  I have installed the same version of
> > Jaguar as the other server in the cluster and the servers have
> > the same name and listeners, when I tried syncing the cluster
> > to the new server ( which kept the old servers name and ip)
> > I started getting the SystemException: OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
> > (Session/lookup - @XXX.XX.X.XX) message whenever the
> > server was called. I have tried deleting the cluster and recreating
> > it and that didn't help. I have tried syncing from the new server
> > making it the primary and that seems to have made the problem
> > switch servers. Now the new server works but the old one gets
> > the OBJECT_NOT_EXIST message. Has anyone else run into
> > this problem? or does anyone have any ideas what might be
> > causing this? I have Jaguar 3.6.1 C1 installed on both machines.
>
> --
> __________________________
>
> Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> System Architect
> ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> The University of Sydney
> Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Steve
10/2/2001 4:13:32 PM
The listners themselves have to match ( i.e. if one machine has an iiop
listener and http listener then the other machines must match as well and
port numbers must be the same. )

The host name of the listners should be different though. I usually match
the hostname to the ip address rather than the DNS to avoid any problems of
the ip lookup.

A.

--
__________________________

Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
System Architect
ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
The University of Sydney
Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
Mobile: +61 403 341 474
Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Adam
10/3/2001 2:50:55 AM
I also use the IP instead of the name, this keeps from having problems
when connecting through a firewall. I have tried renaming the iiop listener,
recreating the listener, recreating the cluster, I have even recreated the
server
which caused me to reinstall Jaguar and I still cannot get the two machines
to cluster and both work without the dreded OBJECT_NOT_EXIST. I must
be missing something when creating the cluster as it looks like the non primary

has no name server. I set both servers to be name servers. Also when I create
the cluster and restart the machines they both come up in admin mode.

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> The listners themselves have to match ( i.e. if one machine has an iiop
> listener and http listener then the other machines must match as well and
> port numbers must be the same. )
>
> The host name of the listners should be different though. I usually match
> the hostname to the ip address rather than the DNS to avoid any problems of
> the ip lookup.
>
> A.
>
> Steve Fennessey wrote:
>
> > Hi Adam, I was under the impression that all the listeners had to have
> > the same name on clustered servers. I'm sure the servers have to have
> > the same name.
> >
> > "Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Steve
> > > Have you tried giving the iiop listner on the old server a different
> > > name?
> > > A.
> > >
> > > I am assumin

> > > --
> > > __________________________
> > >
> > > Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> > > System Architect
> > > ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> > > The University of Sydney
> > > Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> > > Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> > > Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711
>
> --
> __________________________
>
> Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> System Architect
> ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> The University of Sydney
> Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Steve
10/3/2001 9:35:19 AM
okay so heres what i do when i hit problems

1. Strip the cluster information out of each machine, you need to clear the
nameservers, bindservers and cluster properties on each machine.
2. Delete the actual cluster files from each machine
3.Delete all listeners and then recreate just the iiop listner on each machine
4. Restart the servers
5. Create a new cluster on the intended primary, make each machine a name server
6. Sync them and hopefully it works this time

A.

--
__________________________

Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
System Architect
ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
The University of Sydney
Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
Mobile: +61 403 341 474
Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Adam
10/3/2001 12:57:26 PM
Thanks Adam, I have tried that also. I just got it working by
creating the cluster and then restarting the server and adding
the other server to the cluster and syncing. It seems that when
I was creating the cluster and adding the other server to it that
it was having trouble figuring out which server was the primary
because when I restarted the servers they both kept coming up
in admin mode.

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> okay so heres what i do when i hit problems
>
> 1. Strip the cluster information out of each machine, you need to clear the
> nameservers, bindservers and cluster properties on each machine.
> 2. Delete the actual cluster files from each machine
> 3.Delete all listeners and then recreate just the iiop listner on each machine
> 4. Restart the servers
> 5. Create a new cluster on the intended primary, make each machine a name server
> 6. Sync them and hopefully it works this time
>
> A.
>
> Steve Fennessey wrote:
>
> > I also use the IP instead of the name, this keeps from having problems
> > when connecting through a firewall. I have tried renaming the iiop listener,
> > recreating the listener, recreating the cluster, I have even recreated the
> > server
> > which caused me to reinstall Jaguar and I still cannot get the two machines
> > to cluster and both work without the dreded OBJECT_NOT_EXIST. I must
> > be missing something when creating the cluster as it looks like the non primary
> >
> > has no name server. I set both servers to be name servers. Also when I create
> > the cluster and restart the machines they both come up in admin mode.
> >
> > "Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > The listners themselves have to match ( i.e. if one machine has an iiop
> > > listener and http listener then the other machines must match as well and
> > > port numbers must be the same. )
> > >
> > > The host name of the listners should be different though. I usually match
> > > the hostname to the ip address rather than the DNS to avoid any problems of
> > > the ip lookup.
> > >
> > > A.

> > > --
> > > __________________________
> > >
> > > Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> > > System Architect
> > > ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> > > The University of Sydney
> > > Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> > > Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> > > Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711
>
> --
> __________________________
>
> Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> System Architect
> ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> The University of Sydney
> Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Steve

/MH-xx.xx.xx.xx
I use Verizon DSL and they require a username/password to use their outgoing smtp server. Too many hosts reject my e-mail because of my dynamic IP. Does GW6.5 allow a username/pswd combo to log in to an ISP's SMTP server? Hi, Tried looking at the Dial-up settings on the SMTP tab of the GWIA properties? Mike > I use Verizon DSL and they require a username/password to use their outgoing > smtp server. Too many hosts reject my e-mail because of my dynamic IP. > Does GW6.5 allow a username/pswd combo to log in to an ISP's SMTP server? > > Michael...

DHCP client <x:x:x:xx:xx:xx> did not select this server
Moving DHCP from NW6-SP4 to NW65-SP2. When new server loads service we are getting "DHCP client <x:x:xx:xx:xx:xx> did not select this server". Workstations Windows XP SP1 with ZENWorks 4.01 agent. , > Moving DHCP from NW6-SP4 to NW65-SP2. When new server loads service we are > getting "DHCP client <x:x:xx:xx:xx:xx> did not select this server". > Workstations Windows XP SP1 with ZENWorks 4.01 agent. Sounds like you have two DHCP servers serving the same subnet. If that is the case then the message would indicate that the client asked, ...

zisedit DNSServer1=xx.xx.xx.xx
I recently installed the Zenworks 7 SP1 HP2 and modified the bootcd for our environment. I use a script to change the ZISD on the machine, this is the tail end of my past script for setting the DNS Servers: zisedit DNSServerCount=4 zisedit DNSServer1=35.8.208.41 zisedit DNSServer2=35.8.2.41 zisedit DNSServer3=35.8.2.42 zisedit DNSServer4=35.8.98.43 This worked fine without HP2. However, when using the HP2 bootcd `zisedit DNSServer1=35.8.208.41` outputs the error: Unknown parameter (0): 'DNSServer1=35.8.208.41' I've been searching through forums and even the or...

Send Failure: 421 mails from xx.xx.xx.xx refused: local dynamic IP address xx.xx.xx.xx
--____WVRGWAXLCBHMONRQBWTO____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 5 Jun 2007 06:54:16 -0400" We are running GW 7.01 and have been for about 3 months. This problem = first surfaced about 2 weeks ago. Our dns records are correct, but this = one ISP that hosts email for several of our customers is rejecting our = mail for the above reason. They are claiming we have an invalid configurat= ion, but no one else rejects email from us because of this. They claim we = ...

Construction of SA failed for peer xx.xx.xx.xx
Hi, We use BM37 for site-to-site VPN. On the slave's audit log, we got such message: (SKIP) Constuction of SA failed for peer xx.xx.xx.xx The IP adress is the ip of hosts behind the vpn slave. The audit message has explanation: "IPSEC failed to set up a Security Association with the indicated connection causing packets to be dropped.", and has Action suggestion: check for possible out of memory conditions. The server we used is a brand new with a few GB RAM. The action seems making no senses for me. I tried to search the KB, found nothing. Any sugges...

AuthClient # 0 (xx.xx.xx.x): GetCH: Alloc for user name fail
Bordermanager 3.9 on Netware 6.5 SP8 Configured VPN server and Client to Site service. When a client attempts to connect, the following error is displayed: "Authentication gateway failed to verify entered parameters." "A general error was reported by the authentication gateway." The log shows the following: A connection was opened for a VPN client at address xx.xx.xx.x. 2011-07-05 09:34:56 VPN client user name at address xx.xx.xx.x is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. 2011-07-05 09:34:56 AuthClient # 0 (xx.xx.xx.x): GetCH: Alloc for user name failed. 2011-07-05 09:34:58 C...

(SKIP) Construction of SA failed for peer xx.xx.xx.xx
I am trying to setup a new SITE to SITE VPN connection. Yesterday, SBC installed SBC Yahoo DSL. I told the installer that I did not want DHCP, filters, or NAT, so he suggested I used a bridge and not a router for the service. He installed an Efficient Networks SpeedStream 5360. Internet service is working and the BM 3.7 proxy server is working for HTTP. My problem: When trying to establish a connection for the Site to Site, the Slave server reports: Audit Log: (SKIP) Construction of SA failed for peer 68.xx.xx.xx Info: IP Security Error 284 IPSEC fa...

(SKIP) Construction of SA failed for peer xx.xx.xx.xx #2
Hi, some time ago i tested VPN server to server connection, for server with address 172.22.81.189(Master1) it was OK. Than I removed VPN configuration on Slave1 server and from NWAdmin on Master(172.22.81.189). Today I created VPN server to server with same server which was Slave before, but now it is a Master2 server. I have also new Slave2 server and when I look in Audit via NWAdmin there are lines (SKIP) Construction of SA failed for peer 172.22.81.189 but this server is no longer member of this VPN !!! Could somebody tell me wher could be this info saved? Thanks Ale...

https://xx.xx.xx.xx/BM-Login/?"http://yourwebsite
I am having a problem after reinstalling netware enterprise webserver 3.5.2 from the nw51 cd. Starting your webbrowser there is no automatic redirection to the BM-Login page. When typing it by hand it's working ok. Idea's we are running netware 5.1 sp6 BM 3.6 sp2a Evert In article <KQF2d.13063$oo4.7807@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Starting your webbrowser there is no automatic > redirection to the BM-Login page. When typing it by hand it's working ok. > What do you mean, 'typing it by hand'? If you are looking for the SSL Prox...

ERROR: "client xx.xx.xx.xx#xxxx: update 'zone name/IN' deni
Seeing this error on DNS console. TID 10086933 option 3 says Go to the Control List for the zone affected and add the ip address of the device trying to update DNS in the "Allow Update" list. However there is no such 'Control List' option in the DHCP console. Where do I find it? Thanks Lenny -- lennyd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lenny, > However there is no such 'Control List' option in the DHCP console. > Where do I find it? What version of the DNS/DHCP console are you using? Wi...

421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from xx.xx.xx.xx temporarily deferred due to user complaints
--____QNBRMLBZKGHSTVVBHGKM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 11 Apr 2008 04:50:38 -0400" We are running GW 7.0.1. We have been seeing this error for about 3 days. = Does anyone have any idea if there is anything I can do to stop these = errors? It is causing our customer service problems discussing customer = instructions. This can cause us to miss deadlines or to make mistakes. 03:18:20 326 DMN: MSG 45893 Send Failure: 421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from = ...

xx
Name: megatruh Email: sebastiandotmegatruhatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: xx Comments: good product! i like it Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

xx
Name: Alessandro Barbier Email: alessandro_at_creazione-web.it Product: Bon Echo Summary: xx Comments: xx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

xx
xx yy "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3f4de929$1@forums-2-dub... > xx > ...

Mail error: Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: 5.7.1 xx@xx.xx... Permission Denied
I am using VS2008 3.5 framework SP1, Windows Web Server 2008 3.5 SP1, and a separate mail server using Windows 2000 OS and Merak Mail. I sent mail all the time from my windows 2000 web site to the mail server, but this is the first attempt I've tried to send mail from my new windows 2008 web server.  I'm having a problem with mail feature. I get this error when trying to send: >>Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: 5.7.1 xx@xx.xx... Permission Denied Here is my web config as per the below project, which I emulated to make sure I was do...

Web resources about - OBJECT_NOT_EXIST (Session/lookup - @xxx.xx.x.xx) - sybase.easerver.general