New to EAServer - cannot connect to server frm Jaguar manager

Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. I have been successful in
downloading and installing EAServer4.1 but now when I try to connect to the
server frm Jaguar manager it says Server could not be located. The Jaguar
server is up and running on port 9000 localhost, any ideas on why can the
Jaguar manager not connect to it. Please help.
0
Kanu_Singh

Take a look at the log files in $JAGUAR/bin, specificy jaguar.log to see if
any errors are reported.  Also, verify that there is an IIOP listener at
port 9000 on machine localhost.

By default, there is no password to log into Jaguar, and the user ID is
"jagadmin"  Did you use that combination?

--

Jason Weiss
eBusiness Systems Group

<Kanu_Singh> wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. I have been successful in
> downloading and installing EAServer4.1 but now when I try to connect to
the
> server frm Jaguar manager it says Server could not be located. The Jaguar
> server is up and running on port 9000 localhost, any ideas on why can the
> Jaguar manager not connect to it. Please help.

0
Jason
3/8/2002 3:26:40 PM
In 4.1, we also changed the localhost part to be the machine name by
default.  Try that too.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Baker
eBusiness Division

"Jason Weiss [Sybase]" <weissj_nospam_@sybase_nospam_.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at the log files in $JAGUAR/bin, specificy jaguar.log to see
if
> any errors are reported.  Also, verify that there is an IIOP listener at
> port 9000 on machine localhost.
>
> By default, there is no password to log into Jaguar, and the user ID is
> "jagadmin"  Did you use that combination?
>
> --
>
> Jason Weiss
> eBusiness Systems Group
>

> <Kanu_Singh> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. I have been successful in
> > downloading and installing EAServer4.1 but now when I try to connect to
> the
> > server frm Jaguar manager it says Server could not be located. The
Jaguar
> > server is up and running on port 9000 localhost, any ideas on why can
the
> > Jaguar manager not connect to it. Please help.

0
Jonathan
3/8/2002 5:41:34 PM
Check your setenv.sh file in $JAGUAR/bin.

There probably is a JAUGAR_HOST_NAME property see what this is
set to.

This is the value for your host that your listeners are using.

Supply this in the connection window
0
lance

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

EAServer manager shows 2 Jaguar servers
Hi, when opening the EAServer Manager it shows 2 servers with the name "Jaguar" under folder "Servers". They are exact copies of each other. Looking in to services, there are not 2 Jaguar service instances. It is only in the EAServer Manager we see 2 "Jaguar" servers. We removed the service and installed it again and it still shows 2 "Jaguar". We can not reproduce this on any other machines. Does someone know anything about this? Our Environment: - EAServer 5.3 - Windows 2000 servers Jonas wrote... > Hi, when opening the EAServe...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at the same time?
Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at the same time? I get a You are already Connected message on attempting the second connection. - Aditya ________________________________ Aditya Bhushan SOFTRA Inc. ________________________________ No you can only administer one server at a time if they share different repositories. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Aditya Bhushan wrote in message ... >Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at >the same time? >I get a You are already Connected...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Web Based EAServer Manager for EAServer 5.0
I loaded up EAServer 5.0. Everything works just fine with the exception of the web based EAServer Manager access. When I try to use it I get a "500 Servlet mgmt: unable to service request: null" error on the left frame where the folders and other items should go. Has anyone else received this error and if so how did you correct it. Thanks I'm not clear on what you mean by the web-based EAServer Manager, could you elaborate? There is a web-based Systems Management GUI, which I'm guessing is what you may mean, but its a long way away from being a web-based EASe...

EAServer manager connection bug?
Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names changed below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of the QA server): Prod: server00 QA: serverdev00 When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I have to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod. Similarly, when I am connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message "You are already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin" EAServer 5.3....

EAServer connecting to LDAP Server
Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? How? Could someone give me one example? Thanks in advance. We dont support JDAP in our caches, but you could implement your own pool. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Roger Lou" <rogerlou@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:#OuK0zJoAHA.161@forums.sybase.com... > Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? > How? Could someone give me one example? > > Thanks in advance. > > > ...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

why cannot I add servlet to EAServer in jaguar manager?
If I use war and select deploy war in jaguar manager,I can get correct web application and servlet registering in jaguar manager. However,when I copy a servlet to corresponding directory such as $webapplication/myapp/web-inf/classes, and register this servlet in corresponding web application in jaguar manager,I still cannot visit this servlet from IE,even the most simple servlet. can anybody help me? thanks! alex2003 Did you create a servlet mapping? Servlets require you to create a servlet mapping in order to access them. Mappings are set under web application properties. ...

Debug EAServer Fails
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01CAAB36.1E933CF0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Using PowerBuilder 11.5.1 Build 4675 on Windows 7 I am unable to debug EAServer applications. It works fine in Windows XP. The weird thing is I can deploy from PowerBuilder to the EAServer from Windows 7 with no trouble. I can connect to the EAServer using the Application Server Profile manager (using test connection). But when I try to debug using the same conn...

How to connect to SQL Server 2000 from easerver
Anyone helps are appreciated ...

EAServer
Hello everybody Has anyone seen the message: ERROR -------- Narrow_() method (0x800A2330) The Narrow_ operation of the Component Jaguar/Object to the Interface SessionManager/Manager failed : The requested operation failed since the client could not to acquire connection to the Jaguar Server. I'm putting this code: set aORB = Server.CreateObject("Jaguar.ORB") aORB.init("") set aManager = aORB.string_to_object(EAServer_Url).Narrow_("SessionManager/Manager") My environment is Windows XP Sp2, EAServer 5.2, IIs 5.1. Thanks in advance. ...

Restart EAServer using Jaguar Manager
All, I can't restart the EAServer by using Jaguar Manager. When using Jaguar Manager to restart EAServer, the EAServer always hangs in stoping server service.... And the EAServer cannot restart. My EAServer version is v4.2. John John wrote: > All, > > I can't restart the EAServer by using Jaguar Manager. When using Jaguar > Manager to restart EAServer, the EAServer always hangs in stoping server > service.... And the EAServer cannot restart. My EAServer version is v4.2. > > John > > Whats in the log? You will have to use explo...

Web resources about - New to EAServer - cannot connect to server frm Jaguar manager - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo