Migrating PowerBuilder/EAserver

Our distributed application work is currently done with PB7 and EAServer
4.1.3.  I'd like to migrate our objects to PB9 (where all of our
client/server work is done).

If I do this, what needs to be done on the EAServer side (if anything)?
Thanks, Tom

0
Tom

You need to put your server functionality into one or more EAServer
components (these are just PB NVOs with a couple of extra events) and change
your client app to connect to and request functionality from EAServer
instead of distributed PB.

If you are using server push in your distributed PB server, you need to find
a workaround, since this is not a feature of EAServer.

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

"Tom Rolseth" <tpr@npomn.com> wrote in message news:41014a36@forums-2-dub...
> Our distributed application work is currently done with PB7 and EAServer
> 4.1.3.  I'd like to migrate our objects to PB9 (where all of our
> client/server work is done).
>
> If I do this, what needs to be done on the EAServer side (if anything)?
> Thanks, Tom

0
Millard
7/26/2004 11:02:16 AM
What about using the message service?

Carson

________________________________

Carson Hager
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
http://www.cynergysystems.com

Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 4.0
http://www.cynergysystems.com/public/products/eaf

"Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase]" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:4104e5ba@forums-2-dub...

> > Our distributed application work is currently done with PB7 and EAServer
> > 4.1.3.  I'd like to migrate our objects to PB9 (where all of our
> > client/server work is done).
> >
> > If I do this, what needs to be done on the EAServer side (if anything)?
> > Thanks, Tom

Carson, Millard -
Thanks for the response.  Not sure if I understand however -- are we talking
about the same thing?

We have nvo's written in PB7 that we deploy as components to EAServer --
works great.  However, I'd like to take these nvo's and migrate them to PB9
(I don't like working in PB7).  If I do that and then deploy them to
EAServer, is there anything that needs to be done on the EAServer side so
that the newly migrated PB component(s) work properly?  For instance, does
EAServer need to have the PB9 dll's stored somewhere?  If so, where?  Would
I need to change any of EAServer's settings?

Thanks, Tom

"T. Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
message news:4104f631$1@forums-2-dub...
> What about using the message service?
>

> Carson
>

> ________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
>
> Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 4.0
> http://www.cynergysystems.com/public/products/eaf
>

> "Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase]" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote
in
> message news:4104e5ba@forums-2-dub...
> > You need to put your server functionality into one or more EAServer
> > components (these are just PB NVOs with a couple of extra events) and
> change
> > your client app to connect to and request functionality from EAServer
> > instead of distributed PB.
> >
> > If you are using server push in your distributed PB server, you need to
> find
> > a workaround, since this is not a feature of EAServer.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Millard[TeamSybase]
> >
> > "Tom Rolseth" <tpr@npomn.com> wrote in message
> > > Our distributed application work is currently done with PB7 and
EAServer
> > > 4.1.3.  I'd like to migrate our objects to PB9 (where all of our
> > > client/server work is done).
> > >
> > > If I do this, what needs to be done on the EAServer side (if
anything)?
> > > Thanks, Tom

0
Tom
7/26/2004 2:13:42 PM
EAS definitely does need the PB9 dlls. These normally go into
sybase\shared\powerbuilder.

Carson

________________________________

> Carson, Millard -
> Thanks for the response.  Not sure if I understand however -- are we
talking
> about the same thing?
>
> We have nvo's written in PB7 that we deploy as components to EAServer --
> works great.  However, I'd like to take these nvo's and migrate them to
PB9
> (I don't like working in PB7).  If I do that and then deploy them to
> EAServer, is there anything that needs to be done on the EAServer side so
> that the newly migrated PB component(s) work properly?  For instance, does
> EAServer need to have the PB9 dll's stored somewhere?  If so, where?
Would
> I need to change any of EAServer's settings?
>
> Thanks, Tom
>

> "T. Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
> message news:4104f631$1@forums-2-dub...
> > What about using the message service?
> >

> > Carson
> >

> > ________________________________
> >
> > Carson Hager
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com
> >
> > Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 4.0
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com/public/products/eaf
> >

> > "Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase]" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote
> in
> > message news:4104e5ba@forums-2-dub...
> > > You need to put your server functionality into one or more EAServer
> > > components (these are just PB NVOs with a couple of extra events) and
> > change
> > > your client app to connect to and request functionality from EAServer
> > > instead of distributed PB.
> > >
> > > If you are using server push in your distributed PB server, you need
> > find
> > > a workaround, since this is not a feature of EAServer.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Millard[TeamSybase]
> > >
> > > "Tom Rolseth" <tpr@npomn.com> wrote in message
> EAServer

> anything)?

Migration powerbuilder
Our actual version is Powerbuilder 7, EAserver 4.1.3 ( sun solaris) What is Sybase recommandation to migrate if I use Powerbuilder 9 (build ?) and Easerver (sun solaris ) 4.x or 5 ? Powwerbuilder 10 ( build ?) and Easerver (sun solaris ) 4.x or 5 ? Thank you ...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

EaServer migration
Hi We are currently using EaServer 4.2.3 Build (42308) as component server (PB and Java components)and web server. We use PB9.0.1 for development and production environment. The Easerver is running in window 2000. Now, we are planning to migrate EaServer from 4.2.3 to 5.x. We don't have any plan yet to migrate window 2000 and neither PB9 however, a new patch for PB9 may be applied if is neccesary. I have read EaServer 5.x runs in window 2000. Have any of you had experience with EaServer 5.x running as web server and component server? How good/bad has this experience been? Wh...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

PowerBuilder/PFC and EAServer
Is anyone out there developing an EAServer-based application with a PowerBuilder/PFC front-end? In the client-server days, we could depend on a database connection being around typically for the life of the application. This worked great for PFC applications, as much of the PFC relies on this connection. With the advent of EAServer and n-tier, however, we are supposed to develop middle-tier functionality that connects to the db only as needed and only for as long as needed. We are having a problem integrating the PFC (with it's dependency on the db) with middle-tier components d...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

EAServer
Hi! The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a DataBase server in a multiuser application (for 10 users)? or Is it necessary to buy another multi-user version? TIA EAServer is an application server not a database server. Do you mean ASA? In either case, you cannot deploy either without buying additional licenses. /ck <A_Dev> wrote in message news:E9DDBBCFFA81B04D008299CC85256B4A.008299E285256B4A@webforums... > Hi! > The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a > DataBase server in a multiuser appl...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

Accessing EAServer through Powerbuilder
Hi, Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Build 6021 EAServer 6.0.2 I'm trying to connect to EAServer through a Powerbuilder application. I can not seem to connect to Easerver unless I set the user name to jagadmin in the connection object. Users have already been set up on EAserver. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Sharon Sharon, By default, a user 'X' is assumed to be in the 'default' security domain, and the system applies password checking using the server's local user store. In the web console, you can set up the 'default' security domain to check pa...

PowerBuilder version with EAServer?
Which Powerbuilder 7.0.2 build is shipped with EAServer 3.6 ? The latest C4 release says it is to be applied with Jaguar 3.5. Can someone confirm that we can install PowerBuilder 7.0.2 C4 EBF to deploy to EAServer 3.6 ? Thanks Martin. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp We have no problems using EAServer 3.6 with C4 PB. Matthias "Martin" <nospam_martin.jenman@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:qnptB65XAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Which Powerbuilder 7.0.2 build is shippe...

What is EAserver
Dear Sir, I'm the beginner for using Power Builder, Now i want to know that the Different within PB EAserver and PB, thank Tan PowerBuilder is a multi-purpose development tool for creation Client/Server, Distributed and Web applications. EAServer is a J2EE application server. http://www.sybase.com/easerver will tell you more. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KaixCaiBCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Dear Sir, > I'm the beginn...

Web resources about - Migrating PowerBuilder/EAserver - sybase.easerver.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles