Migrating PB 10.2 to PB 10.5 on EAServer 4.2

My company is currently running EAServer 4.2 and PB 10.2.
We are
interested in migrating PB10.2 to 10.5 but still keep
EAServer 4.2.
The installation guide for PB 10.5 mentions that if you
migrate to PB
10.5 it is best to get EAServer 5.3.  Does anyone have
experience in
this and if these two (PB 10.5 and EAServer 4.2) are
compatible with
each other?
0
Thomas

I would be very surprised if 4.x supported 10.5.  It likely doesn't even
know about that VM.

Carson

Carson Hager
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
http://www.cynergysystems.com
Macromedia Flex Alliance Solutions Partner

Email:  carson.hager@cynergysystems.com
Office:  866-CYNERGY
Mobile: 1.703.489.6466

<Thomas Chiu> wrote in message news:449c0954.3b55.1681692777@sybase.com...
> My company is currently running EAServer 4.2 and PB 10.2.
> We are
> interested in migrating PB10.2 to 10.5 but still keep
> EAServer 4.2.
> The installation guide for PB 10.5 mentions that if you
> migrate to PB
> 10.5 it is best to get EAServer 5.3.  Does anyone have
> experience in
> this and if these two (PB 10.5 and EAServer 4.2) are
> compatible with
> each other?

0
Carson

Migration from PB 10.2 to PB 10.5
Has anyone been able to migrate 10.2 apps to 10.5? We migrated a perfectly good 10.2 PFC app, and no errors were reported by the migration assistant. However, as we run the app a windows gpf is generated. We are stuck! Any ideas would be so very welcomed. Can you see were the application is blowing up? Does it blow up in the same place everytime? What dll is reporting the gpf? Brad Andres Rubiano wrote: > Has anyone been able to migrate 10.2 apps to 10.5? We migrated a perfectly good 10.2 PFC app, and no errors were reported by the migration assistant. However, as we run the a...

PB 10.5 --> PB 10.2 --> PB6.5
I have converted our application from 6.5 to 10.5 Then we noticed that the crosstabs worked not the same as in PB 6.5.. They do in PB 10.2.1 so we converted in back from PB 10.5 to 10.2 and finished the changes we wanted. Now after a test we noticed that grid datawindow (dynamically created) do not work in PB 10.2 as they do in PB 6.5. They work fine in PB 10.5. Below is a part of the datawindow: 'retrieve=~'PBSELECT( VERSION(400) TABLE(NAME="dier" ) ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME="dier.dat_afvoer") ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME=&quo...

PB 10.5 and PB 10.2.1 on same machine?
Anyone officially know if PB 10.5 and PB 10.2.1 can peacefully co-exist on the same machine? Any tips/tricks or is it simply a matter of installing PB 10.5 with the default paths? Thanks, Brian Simmons stbfs at tecoenergy dot nospam com I have 804,902,10.2, 10.5, all installed to default location. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Brian Simmons> wrote in message news:44299772.64e1.1681692777@sybase.com... > Anyone o...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 --> 10.2 migration
Is it possible to convert the program from 10.5 to 10.2? Thanks Eric It was a hell of a job but its ready. Now I know what they mean with back to the basics. I hope the first release of PB10.5 will solve most problems. For know I can continue the development in 10.2 Regards, Eric Ontsnapt wrote: > Is it possible to convert the program from 10.5 to 10.2? > > Thanks > Eric How did you do it? I need to do the same since the executable version of application compiled in 10.5 crashes on Win2000 SP4. On 13 Apr 2006 13:30:35 -0700, Ontsnapt <ontsnap...

EAServer 4.2.2 with PB 9.0.1 or PB 9
I Have EAServer 4.2.2 for Sun Solaris I need to connect a components PB 9, but the PB VM only for EAServer 4.2. I install the ebf and ebf for S.O. but my Jaguar produce Core Dumped in the moment that execute serverstart.sh. My question is Can do utilize COmponents PB9 with EAServer 4.2.2? If Jaguar Core dumped on serverstart.sh, it has nothing to do with the PBVM unless perhaps you have service components that you've coded in PB and installed on the server. I think you have more fundamental problems with the install that the PBVM. On 7 Oct 2003 08:36:02 -0700, "chr...

EAServer 5.2 (Build 52025) and PB 10.5.1 (Build 6551)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C793E7.51685930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting the following error in EAServer's JAGUAR.LOG when I attempt = to deploy an application from PB 10.5.1 build 6551 to EAServer build = 52025.=20 180916-System exception 'CORBA::BAD_OPERATION' thrown by component=20 'Jaguar/Management' method 'isEjbProxyServer' I read the information in a previous thread about the same topic (title = - EAS 5.2 and PB...

Trying to Migrate to Pb 10.5.2 from PB 9.02
We are trying to migrate to PowerBuilder 10.5.2 from PB 9.02 , but we are running into COM+ issues. We have 2 production application server environments - Windows server 2000 sp4 and Windows server 2003 sp1. We tried PB 10.5.1 but our COM+ PB components were locking up during our stress tests on both window 2000 server sp4 and Windows 2003 sp1 & sp2 application servers. We re-grouped and have changed our development environment several times and had some positive results with Windows 2003 sp2 (was sp1) and now PB 10.5.2 (was 10.5.1). The PB components no longer locked up....

PB VM 10.0.1 for EAServer 5.2 Linux problem??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub435403d5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I just downloaded PowerBuilder 10.0.1 (5502) Runtime Files (PBVM) for EAServer 5.2 (Linux Fedora Core4) and now I upgrade EAServer to Build 52026 and PB to Build 5502. I still got this error when generating web dw. 500 Servlet jspservlet: unable to service request: Servlet jspservlet threw the exception: org.omg.CORBA.INV_OBJREF: Bad URL - iiop://null:null minor code: 0 completed: No Could you please help ...

pb 10.2 to 10.5 in clearcase
i am migrating from pb 10.2 to pb 10.5. we use clearcase as our scc provider. do the powerbuilder objects physically change during the migration process? do all objects have to be checked out during the migration? what happens when you check out a 10.2 object into a 10.5 pbl? thank you for your time. PB will not typically "change" the source code of an object during a migration - especially within the same major release. The only exception I know of was going from any pre-v10 release to 10.x or 11. That migration introduces Unicode, so the source code is changed from...

Migrating from PB 10 to PB 11.2
I have to migrate a PB application Ver 10 into ver 11.2. The current version of the PFC with PB Ver 10 is PFC Majaor = 6, PFC_MINOR = 5. Can I migrate the Ver 10 application which includes the PFC Ver 6 into PB 11.2 directly or do I need to have the latest PFC version ? Where can I find the latest PFC pbls and the compatibility information and all? It would be great if any one of you provide the relevant information. Please help me in this regard Thanks Mani. Hi Mani; The new home for the PFC's I believe is: http://www.codeplex.com/pfc. Personally, I would u...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

memory leak in PB 10.5.2, further regression from 10.5.1
Hi all, just for information: The memory leak bug I've isolated in PB 10.5.1 and PB 11 gets stronger in PB 10.5.2: Using dot notation to set values into a dataStore or dataWindow eats memory dramatically (see the threads "huge DW dot notation memory leak in PB 11 too" started by me on August the 30th and "strong memory leak in PB 10.5.1" started August the 21th). While in the previous versions 10.5.1 and 11 reseting the dataWindow or dataStore and destroying the dataObject using dw.dataObject='' gives the memory back in PB 10.5.2 this isn't th...

PB 10.2 with Oracle Instant Client 10.2
Does PB 10.2 supports the easy connect version where a tnsnames.ora file is not needed? Anyone successfully deploy and used instantclient and how is it configures? Thanks Sam adding instantclient installation path to environment variable PATH, then in O10 DB Profile, type the ServerName with format "hostname:port/SID" > Does PB 10.2 supports the easy connect version where a > tnsnames.ora file is not needed? > Anyone successfully deploy and used instantclient and how > is it configures? > > Thanks > > Sam > > ...

Web resources about - Migrating PB 10.2 to PB 10.5 on EAServer 4.2 - sybase.easerver.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...