Jaguar Connection Cache: JagConn: Connection already closed?

Hello all,

when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion
Cache", I get the following result:

testCache Monitoring                 Value
Connections Active                   -6.0
Connections Opened                    4.0
Connections Closed                    9.0
Waited Connection Requests            0.0
No Wait Connection Requests          40.0
Forced Conncetion Requests            0.0
Total Conncetion Requests            40.0
Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0
Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0

Can someone please tell me what does it mean:
Connection active -6.0???? Why is this a negative value?
Sometimes I get the error message:

JagConn: Conncetion already closed.

Does that mean that the jaguar closes connections from the connection cache
and the pool of available connections is reduced?

Regards
K.Lehmann

Sorry, forgot to teel about the Version:

Jaguar 3.6.1

[...]

You can get a negative value, especially when using PowerBuilder
components if the connection attempt fails and also if you do not
explicitly disconnect before the component deactivates.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:40:35 -0400, "K.Lehmann" <lehmannk@web.de>
wrote:

>Sorry, forgot to teel about the Version:
>
>Jaguar 3.6.1
>
>Hello all,
>
>when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion
>Cache", I get the following result:
>
>testCache Monitoring Value
>Connections Active -6.0
>Connections Opened 4.0
>Connections Closed 9.0
>Waited Connection Requests 0.0
>No Wait Connection Requests 40.0
>Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0
>Total Conncetion Requests 40.0
>Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0
>Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0
>
>Can someone please tell me what does it mean:
>Connection active -6.0???? Why is this a negative value?
>Sometimes I get the error message:
>
>JagConn: Conncetion already closed.
>
>Does that mean that the jaguar closes connections from the connection cache
>and the pool of available connections is reduced?
>
>Regards
>K.Lehmann

0
joneil
6/20/2001 8:42:36 PM
You can get negative numbers for "Connections Active " when sanity check is
failing and a new connection is used.
Check if sanity check is working( default Select 1, but you can change it).

Regards,

Dorin

"K.Lehmann" <lehmannk@web.de> wrote in message
> Sorry, forgot to teel about the Version:
>
> Jaguar 3.6.1
>
> Hello all,
>
> when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion
> Cache", I get the following result:
>
> testCache Monitoring Value
> Connections Active -6.0
> Connections Opened 4.0
> Connections Closed 9.0
> Waited Connection Requests 0.0
> No Wait Connection Requests 40.0
> Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0
> Total Conncetion Requests 40.0
> Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0
> Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0
>
> Can someone please tell me what does it mean:
> Connection active -6.0???? Why is this a negative value?
> Sometimes I get the error message:
>
> JagConn: Conncetion already closed.
>
> Does that mean that the jaguar closes connections from the connection
cache
> and the pool of available connections is reduced?
>
> Regards
> K.Lehmann

0
Dorin
6/21/2001 11:59:28 AM
I get negative connections when the connections are lost. Example is when the
DB server goes down and jag then does a sanity check next time around and
determines the connection dead and connects again. I have also noticed network
problems between jag and the db server can cause a connection to be hosed and
again a negative connection results.

--
__________________________

Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
System Architect
ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
The University of Sydney
Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
Mobile: +61 403 341 474
Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Adam
6/22/2001 4:17:16 AM
OK, that sounds reasonable. My situation is a little bit different. The
database and the jaguar are running on the same server (SUN Solaris 7, 4
CPUs, 4Gig Mem). So network problems cannot cause negative connections. And
the database is up all the time.

I cannot exactly reproduce the error message: JagConn: Connection already
closed.

When I do a refresh in the browser, everything works fine again and it does
not have an influence on the statistics of the connection cache with
negative values.

> I get negative connections when the connections are lost.
> Example is when the DB server goes down and jag then does a
> sanity check next time around and determines the connection
> dead and connects again. I have also noticed network problems
> between jag and the db server can cause a connection to be
> hosed and again a negative connection results.

> "K.Lehmann" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, forgot to teel about the Version:
> >
> > Jaguar 3.6.1
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring
> section "Conncetion
> > Cache", I get the following result:
> >
> > testCache Monitoring Value
> > Connections Active -6.0
> > Connections Opened 4.0
> > Connections Closed 9.0
> > Waited Connection Requests 0.0
> > No Wait Connection Requests 40.0
> > Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0
> > Total Conncetion Requests 40.0
> > Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0
> > Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0
> >
> > Can someone please tell me what does it mean:
> > Connection active -6.0???? Why is this a negative value?
> > Sometimes I get the error message:
> >
> > JagConn: Conncetion already closed.
> >
> > Does that mean that the jaguar closes connections from the
> > connection cache
> > and the pool of available connections is reduced?
> >
> > Regards
> > K.Lehmann
>
> --
> __________________________
>
> Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
> System Architect
> ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
> The University of Sydney
> Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
> Mobile: +61 403 341 474
> Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

Are you possibly disconnecting from the destructor event with non-pooled
components?

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
http://www.cynergysystems.com

> OK, that sounds reasonable. My situation is a little bit different. The
> database and the jaguar are running on the same server (SUN Solaris 7, 4
> CPUs, 4Gig Mem). So network problems cannot cause negative connections.
And
> the database is up all the time.
>
> I cannot exactly reproduce the error message: JagConn: Connection already
> closed.
>
> When I do a refresh in the browser, everything works fine again and it
does
> not have an influence on the statistics of the connection cache with
> negative values.
>
> > I get negative connections when the connections are lost.
> > Example is when the DB server goes down and jag then does a
> > sanity check next time around and determines the connection
> > dead and connects again. I have also noticed network problems
> > between jag and the db server can cause a connection to be
> > hosed and again a negative connection results.
>
> > "K.Lehmann" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, forgot to teel about the Version:
> > >
> > > Jaguar 3.6.1
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring
> > section "Conncetion
> > > Cache", I get the following result:
> > >
> > > testCache Monitoring Value
> > > Connections Active -6.0
> > > Connections Opened 4.0
> > > Connections Closed 9.0
> > > Waited Connection Requests 0.0
> > > No Wait Connection Requests 40.0
> > > Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0
> > > Total Conncetion Requests 40.0
> > > Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0
> > > Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0
> > >
> > > Can someone please tell me what does it mean:
> > > Connection active -6.0???? Why is this a negative value?
> > > Sometimes I get the error message:
> > >
> > > JagConn: Conncetion already closed.
> > >
> > > Does that mean that the jaguar closes connections from the
> > > connection cache
> > > and the pool of available connections is reduced?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > K.Lehmann
> >
> > --
> >
> > Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]