How to porting C++ code from visual C to C++ component in EAserver

I am a new beginner in EAserver. Serveral problems are encountered, please
help me to resolve it.

1. I have a application previously coding in Visual C++ and running on
Windows NT. As a request of porting this application to Unix web base
environment, I wanna create the C++ component object in EAServer by
migrating all my source codes written in common C++ syntax.  However, I
found the EAserver only support the CORBA IDL C++ standard. Does it mean
all my existing C++ code should be rewritten and redeveloped to adopt the
new standard. are there any work-around methods to preserve my source code
or change with minor modification.  Since I wanna keep a single source of
program's business logic.

2. If I should rewrite all source code, is there any short-cut or sample
available to convert me visual C++ source code to CORBA C++ source code

AL

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

C++ or C#
HI, I have still seen that many big companies are still using C++ as their primary language of choice instead of C#. Like IBM stilll prefers C++ over c#. Any reason ???HighOnCodingWanna get high! Well not everybody has the .net framework installed. C++ will work on any platform, c# will not yet because the framework has not been ported to all platforms yet (e.g. mac). Also you have to think of the expense of a large company to retrain ALL its coders to use the new framework. Not exactly practical in the short term David LeggDave Legg Considering that they have a huge c...

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote: > He...

C or C++
What's the difference in using C or C++ for ultralite developments?. Novice user. Thank you The ONLY difference is YOUR preference. There is no speed difference between the two. If you are very used to C++ but not used to SQL, then the C++ API maybe a better choice. If you are familiar with SQL, the embedded SQL may make more sense. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Lorenzo Mota" <lorenzomota@aol.com> wro...

C Components Using Watcom C/C++ Compiler
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms2646818B6AC700D6597C3859 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone have an example of C skeleton files and Watcom C/C++ make file to compile and load C components into Jaguar using the Watcom C/C++ compiler/Linker? --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; ch...

Instant C++ C# to C++ Converter
We've just released version 1.0 of the Instant C++ C# to C++ converter.  Instant C++ converts to either C++/CLI (2005) or Managed C++ (2003).Instant C++ converts C# projects, folders, files, and snippets. David Antonwww.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comInstant C#: VB.NET to C# ConverterInstant VB: C# to VB.NET ConverterInstant C++: C# to C++ ConverterInstant J#: VB.NET to J# ConverterClear VB: Cleans up outdated VB.NET code David Antonhttp://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comConvert VB to C#, C++, or JavaConvert C# to VB, C++, or JavaConvert C++ to C#, VB, or JavaConvert Java to C#, C++, or...

Visual C++ vs. Visual C#
I was thinking on starting on a new endeavor in programming.  What are the main differences between programming in Visual C++ vs. Visual C#?  I know C# runs on the .NET Framework and Visual C++ can compile stand alone Win32 programs.  What are advantages of running something via the .NET Framework?  Wouldn't that be slower than standalone?  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks.Dave Few thoughts on this:Yes, C++ (Win32) is faster than C# in most cases.C# is much easier to learn and code than C++.  OOP concept has been distilled down to something much mo...

porting visual c/c+ ->Optima++
Does anyone have have the instructions, which are necessary for the porting process (vc++ -> optima++) can someone email it to me in doc, text or htlm format. at hjoseph@sprynet.com Mostly appreciated ...

It works as C code, but not as Inline::C code
I am sorry to bother the list, because I am quite certain this is my mistake. If this is the wrong list, I again apologize - I saw no other mailing lists for Inline. I tried browsing the archives, but saw nothing relevant and I honestly could not think of a search query for my problem. If this is considered a bug, I do have the reportbug tarball ready for email. I am using perl 5.6.1 on Solaris 8 compiled with gcc 2.95.1. I am using Parse::RecDescent v1.80 and Inline v0.43. I am using the same gcc now as when I compiled perl. I am attempting to use Inline::C to link against an ...

Visual C# vs. C#
Recently I used this forum to help me decide if I should learn C# or VB in relation to a language for transistioning to asp.net from classic .asp. The consensus was C#. I WROX book on C# called C# 2008. Today I noticed on the back cover they have a hierarchy of book titles in what appears to be in a recommonded reading order, they are:   Visual C# 2008 C# 2008 Visual Studio 2008  (alongside) Visual Sudio Extensibility  Naturally I was left wondering what is the difference between Visual C# and C#. As a web designer should learn one before the other? Thanks. C# is a lang...

Convert C++ code to C#
Hi! All,   May I know is there any free converter available that can convert C++ code to C# code? Any reply is much appreciated.   Regards The Demo version here allows up to 100 lines at a time: http://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com/Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Yes, but unmanaged c++ however should be converted manually. My experience. Throw up your code and let all all help in? :P(not sure about how many volunteers)Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations...

C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010: how about C++Builder ?
C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 > http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx The documentation talks about some of what C++0x features were added in C++Builder 2009: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_2009#C.2B.2BBuilder_2009 In addition, this chart is handy: http:...

A component or some code that checks C/C++ syntax. Such a beast exist ??
Hello I'm looking for a component or some code that I can embed into my app that will check C/C++ syntax of a file that has C-code in it. Has anybody heard of anything like that ?? regards david May not be exactly what you are looking for but maybe close enough. Remember these libraries are usually unix first windows after. http://cppcheck.wiki.sourceforge.net/ http://splint.org/ What are you trying to do by the way (just curious) :) David S wrote: > Hello > > I'm looking for a component or some code that I can embed into my app that will c...

Web resources about - How to porting C++ code from visual C to C++ component in EAserver - sybase.easerver.general

GQ Loses Another Critical Style Component
GQ Loses Another Critical Style Component

Spent on specs: are smartphone component wars overrated?
... made, or at least a few dozen? Ironically, many of the games that are recommended tend to be those that don't require blazing hardware components ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Pneumatic component maker Taiwan Chelic debuts on TSE
Shares of pneumatic automation component maker Taiwan Chelic started trading on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE) on October 27 with an initial ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.