How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component

Hi.. All

I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000
Professional.
I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect
a remote ASE 12.0 database...

I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection
cache ping OK)...

However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn
cache...
I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as
following

* ------------------------------------------------------*/
retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache,
    (unsigned char *)"username",
  (unsigned char *)"password",
      (unsigned char *)"server",
      (unsigned char *)"CTLIB_110",
      &connection,
      JAG_CM_WAIT); // JAG_CM_FORCE

if (retcode != CS_SUCCEED)
{ ...print error.... }
/* ------------------------------------------------------*/

It seems the call returns CS_SUCCEED (retcode==CS_SUCCEED)..
But after i call a command allocation to this connection,
then i get an error...

/* ------------------------------------------------------*/
if ((retcode = ct_cmd_alloc(connection, &cmd)) != CS_SUCCEED) {
                ex_error("ex_execute_cmd: ct_cmd_alloc() failed");
                return retcode; }
/* ------------------------------------------------------*/

Well... Has anybody out there tried C/C++ CORBA utilizing Sybase Open-Client
connection cache?
If so, please provide me a complete sample code
executing a sql statement...

Thank you in advance...

0
Euikeun

How to porting C++ code from visual C to C++ component in EAserver
I am a new beginner in EAserver. Serveral problems are encountered, please help me to resolve it. 1. I have a application previously coding in Visual C++ and running on Windows NT. As a request of porting this application to Unix web base environment, I wanna create the C++ component object in EAServer by migrating all my source codes written in common C++ syntax. However, I found the EAserver only support the CORBA IDL C++ standard. Does it mean all my existing C++ code should be rewritten and redeveloped to adopt the new standard. are there any work-around methods to preser...

Who can give me a simple example on Jaguar component connect to a connection cache?
My script is: SQLCA.DBMS="SYJ" SQLCA.DBPARM="CacheName='Test',UseContextObject='yes'" CONNECT USING SQLCA; If SQLCA.SQLCode<>0 Then ErrorLogging errlog this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",errlog) errlog.log("Error Code:"+string(SQLCA.SQLCode)+" ; "+SQLCA.SQLErrText) is_info=SQLCA.SQLErrText End If ids_emp=Create DataStore ids_emp.DataObject="d_emp" ids_emp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) But the srv.log report: Jul 25 09:30:11 2001: Error Code:-1 ; Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connecti...

Bug in Sharing Connection Cache between C and ActiveX components
I am using the sample PowerBuilder code that Sybase provides on their web site. In the README.TXT for the Server Code, there is this paragraph: There is an issue that Sybase is still addressing with the sharing of a connection cache between a C component and an ActiveX component. This will affect the results from this sample application if any of the Powerbuilder component methods are called after a C component method made use of a connection within the same cache. Due to this issue if you execute either the RPC, GenerateResultSet, or OLE Automation portions of this applicat...

C++/CORBA client connectivity to Jaguar EJB's
We have customers who want to access our Jaguar hosted EJB's from their C++/CORBA applications (they use Sun/Solaris machines). We have implemented this, however we need to cleanly deploy this ability to our customers. We only want to send them the Jaguar generated STUBS and the minimum files (*.so and *.hpp files etc) necessary for them to connect and call our Jaguar components. I.E. we need to provide the Jaguar client ORB along with our STUBS. We see the jagclient program but this is too large and all-encompasing for our needs as we only need C++/CORBA support and not COM an...

Help! Jaguar dies in Servlet-C++ Corba connection jungle!
I was able to make the servlet to work with Java-Corba component. But, I need help about getting Servlet to access C++ component that does a getHello (double,double) method. On the client side (servlet), I generated Java Stub. On the server side, I generated C++ skeleton and implemented in this fashion: #include "CPPMyHelloImpl.hpp" CORBA_Char* CPPMyHelloImpl::getHello (CORBA::Double i1, CORBA::Double i2) { char str[100]; strcpy (str,"Hello C++-CORBA"); CORBA_Char *c = str; return c; } But, after starting the jaguar and launched ...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

Deploying C/C++ Components On Jaguar
My team is developing a new PB 7.0 / Jaguar 3.5 application. The application will contain some C/C++ components that will be developed using Microsoft's Visual C++. The C/C++ components will probably be initiated via UNIX cron jobs. Should these components be deployed on Jaguar? If so, how do I deploy them? Thanks in advance. Review the docs on creating C++ CORBA components. If you then have specific questions come on back here :) Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:0B8A82FEDA23EA2B006B518C852569AC.006B519...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar
I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection cache or Native Driver. Thank u Fabr�cio Streppel Francisco Freitas Develop Informatica - Suporte wrote: > I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connectio...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Jaguar Connection Cache: JagConn: Connection already closed?
Hello all, when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion Cache", I get the following result: testCache Monitoring Value Connections Active -6.0 Connections Opened 4.0 Connections Closed 9.0 Waited Connection Requests 0.0 No Wait Connection Requests 40.0 Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0 Total Conncetion Requests 40.0 Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0 Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0 Can someone please tell me ...

C Components Using Watcom C/C++ Compiler
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms2646818B6AC700D6597C3859 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone have an example of C skeleton files and Watcom C/C++ make file to compile and load C components into Jaguar using the Watcom C/C++ compiler/Linker? --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; ch...

Server-side connection via ODBC and C/C++
In ASA7 is it possible to achieve something like this (see below) using ODBC and C/C++ instead of JDBC? For my purposes Java is out of the question and I'd like to be able to perform some server-side processing in an external DLL on behalf of a client connection and have its changes remain part of the client transaction. Thanks for any suggestions, Dave. ASA User's Guide PART 4. Adding Logic to the Database CHAPTER 19. Data Access Using JDBC Establishing JDBC connections Establishing a connection from a server-side JDBC class Server-side connec...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Web resources about - How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component - sybase.easerver.general

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...