get version number

Hi!

Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page hosted
on the server?

/Remus

0
Remus

Remus Eserblom wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page hosted
> on the server?
>
> /Remus

Take a look at the Management interface method getServerVersion.

JSP would be something like

<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.Management" %>
<%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHelper" %>
<%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHolder" %>
<%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementOperations" %>
<%
  String result = new String();
  Properties props = new Properties();
  props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB");
  org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb = com.sybase.CORBA.ORB.init((java.lang.String[])
null, props);
  Management iJagComponent =
    ManagementHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object("Jaguar/Management"));
  try{
    out.println("Server Version: " + iJagComponent.getServerVersion() );
	return;
    }
  catch(Exception e) {}
%>
0
Adam
6/13/2005 2:23:33 PM
I just ran this on one of my servers and it reported I was running 4.2.2
but the log file says I am running 4.2.3.... very strange.
a.

Adam Simmonds wrote:

> Remus Eserblom wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page
>> hosted on the server?
>>
>> /Remus
>>

> Take a look at the Management interface method getServerVersion.
>
> JSP would be something like
>
> <%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.Management" %>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHelper" %>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHolder" %>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementOperations" %>
> <%
>  String result = new String();
>  Properties props = new Properties();
>  props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB");
>  org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb = com.sybase.CORBA.ORB.init((java.lang.String[])
> null, props);
>  Management iJagComponent =
>    ManagementHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object("Jaguar/Management"));
>  try{
>    out.println("Server Version: " + iJagComponent.getServerVersion() );
>     return;
>    }
>  catch(Exception e) {}
> %>
0
Adam
6/13/2005 2:25:06 PM
Thanks for reply.

Maybe you should check in eastools.jar
com\sybase\jaguar\management\JagVersion.class, see what version that file is
showing you.

Regards,
Remus

"Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
>I just ran this on one of my servers and it reported I was running 4.2.2
>but the log file says I am running 4.2.3.... very strange.
> a.
>

> Adam Simmonds wrote:
>
>> Remus Eserblom wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page
>>> hosted on the server?
>>>
>>> /Remus
>>>

>> Take a look at the Management interface method getServerVersion.
>>
>> JSP would be something like
>>
>> <%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
>> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.Management" %>
>> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHelper" %>
>> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHolder" %>
>> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementOperations" %>
>> <%
>>  String result = new String();
>>  Properties props = new Properties();
>>  props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB");
>>  org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb = com.sybase.CORBA.ORB.init((java.lang.String[])
>> null, props);
>>  Management iJagComponent =
>>    ManagementHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object("Jaguar/Management"));
>>  try{
>>    out.println("Server Version: " + iJagComponent.getServerVersion() );
>>     return;   }
>>  catch(Exception e) {}
>> %>

0
Remus

Get version number
Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running database. -Roger Nyg�rd select @@version D A roger@jobak.no wrote in message <37b7ed8d.1808478895@forums.sybase.com>... >Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running >database. > >-Roger Nyg�rd Hi, run: select @@version Cheers, Hartmut Branz Sybase Product Support Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere roger@jobak.no wrote: > Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running > database. > > -Roger Nyg�rd ...

How to get the version number of a file ?
Hello, I use a VB exe file with my PB Application. I wish to know the version number. Is is possible with API? I have tried to use the PFC but only the date is avalaible and returns "00/00/00". May someone help me ? Check the File version Information thread in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general I haven't found the definitive answer yet, but this shows the general method (using various API calls), and hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon! Simon Olivier AIMOND wrote in message ... >Hello, > >I use a VB exe file with my PB ...

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE VERSION NUMBER?
The browser title always shows [ DNN 2.1.2 ] how do i edit this? Thanks Log in with the host account, go to Host > Host Settings Down towards the bottom, uncheck the 'Show Copyright Credits' checkbox. Hiya, You might have found this quicker by doing a forum search (always a good thing to try first), but here goes: view post 679163 Jean-Marie BonnarJean-Marie Bonnarwww.speerio.net Login as Host...Host/Host Settings, uncheck 'Show Copyright Credits?' And loose the caps key when posting...it's rude.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Thank you, this forum is the most...

Getting Rhino version number
How do you ask Rhino what version it is (from within Java or JavaScript)? I suppose the answer would be a String like "1.6R5"... On Aug 15, 5:22 pm, "Andrew Mickish" <mick...@ndr.com> wrote: > How do you ask Rhino what version it is (from within Java or JavaScript)? I > suppose the answer would be a String like "1.6R5"... See http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/apidocs/org/mozilla/javascript/Context.html#getImplementationVersion() ...

How get Build and version numbers?
All of our build process is fully automated using scripts and PowerGen. How do I set up something like a resource or include file such that external tools can write to a file which will be imported/read/included during compile, so that the app shows a fixed build and version number? So far, we have to make the change to a specific PBL by hand. If you create an instance variable and set an initial value like the example below, it will have the date the object was last generated. As long as the object is regenerated everytime the compile is done you will be all set. I haven...

Getting application version number
Been searching around for this but can't seem to find it. Is there a way to retreive your .net application's build version number? I was hoping to display it when the app runs to track the version number of the app and maybe at a later time, the version number of the web control libraries used in the app. Thanks in advance hello, try to use this: Response.Write(System.Environment.Version); Good Luck. Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP System.Environment.Version should give you the version of the .NET CLR to get the version of your .NET app, try:...

Getting the version number of the DLL
Hi Everyone - Is there a way to get the version number from the DLL that is created for a website??? thanks tony I guess that depends, not all dll's have a version number, are you talking about a specific version number for something like dotnetnuke or a control or something like that? Hello - Thanks for replying - I should be more specific... The DLL that is created when you compile the web site, i would like to grab the version number of that DLL from within the web site that it is used in. Thanks tony I actually understood what you were as...

Getting database version numbers
Hi I've got some code that relies on a newish version of postgres ( let's say > 7.0 ). Now, I'm writing a wizardy type thing to find a database to connect this application to ( not nescesarily on the same machine ). I'd like to prevent people from setting the code up on a database that isn't new enough. Is there please in DBI somewhere that let's you retrieve the remove database version number? Thanks Adam Kennedy Under DBD::ODBC you can use GetInfo with SQL_DBMS_VER (18) but I guess you would need to know which underlying DBMS that applied...

About EAServer version 3.0 update to EAServer version 4.2
I used API of EAServer version 3.0 to solve my program before. But I tried to update EAServer Version 4.0 . I got Error following message.What have to do ? Thanks ********************************************************** CommonImpl.java:4: package com.sybase.jaguar.jcm does not exist import com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.*; ^ CommonImpl.java:5: package com.sybase.jaguar.util does not exist import com.sybase.jaguar.util.*; ^ CommonImpl.java:6: package com.sybase.CORBA.jdbc11 does not exist import com.sybase.CORBA.jdbc11.*; ^ CommonImpl.java:8: package com.sybase.jaguar.beans.enterpris...

getting rid of version number in titlebar
hi, i'm a n00b to dnn. Wanting to know how I can get rid of the dnn version number fromt he title bar of the browser when browsing my site. thx for any comments This is under the host settings. You must login in as host, then under "Host Settings" there is a checkbox for "Disable Version in Page Title?".~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us thx for info, that worked. Still Confused. Upgraded to 2.1.1 and cannot seem to find setting. Is it suppose to be under host settings? If you turn off the copyright this will turn it off in the title bar.Regards, Dou...

getting application version and build number
Hi, TOSVersion returns OS info, is there a way to get the version/build number of the application? thanks, Angelo > TOSVersion returns OS info, is there a way to get the version/build number of the application? Check out by blog post on the topic here: http://delphihaven.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/retrieving-the-applications-version-string/ Short answer is that you are likely to need to drop down to the operating system API, though it's not too hard, especially on OS X. cool, that solves the problem, thanks. > {quote:title=Chris Rolliston wrote:}{quote} > > ...

How to get version number of calling assembly?
We have a portal with 10 asp.net application, each application is a separate project. The header and footer for all the asp.net application are the same so we decided to create asp.net server controls under a MyServercontrols assembly (MyServercontrols.dll) My question is on the footer so let us get to it? Footer is a very simple server control all it has to do is display the copyrights and the version number of the application it is running in. Say AppTest is a website (AppTest.dll, version 2.1) .The footer server control is used in this project which is in MyServercontrols.dll ....

Get ASA version number through sql
I have an application that works with different databaese and different versions of ASA. When I start the application, I would like to know, if I am with ASA, which version of server is it. I send a dummy sql to the database and look in the sqlca.sqlreturndata, but I receive Sybase SQL Anywhere ( for older version ) , and SQL Anywhere ( for syb 10 ) ( or Oracle.... if oracle ) How can I get the version/built number of sybase? Claude Use SELECT @@VERSION FROM DUMMY You can find other global variables such as @@version in the help - find the section SQL Anywh...

How to get the version-Number of on old database-file
I am using ASA 9.01 I have started an older database-file. How to get the version-Number of the database-file ( abcdef.DB ) Thanks Peter Peter Stojkovic wrote: > > I have started an older database-file. > How to get the version-Number of the database-file ( abcdef.DB ) > There really isn't a way. The "version" number in a database file represents the capabilities of the .db file, not the version with which it was created. Is there a particular reason you are hoping to get this information? greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton Consultant, S...

Web resources about - get version number - sybase.easerver.general

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Matthew Leveson murder case: the version the jury was not told
He told detectives he was sound asleep at home but CCTV footage detailing the purchase of a mattock and gaffer tape suggested&nbsp;otherwise.&nbsp; ...

Windows 10 set to be the most widely installed version of Windows ever
... of free. According to the latest prediction from Gartner, the new operating system is set to enjoy not only the fastest growth of any version ...

Is Apple working on its own version of Microsoft’s incredible HoloLens project?
We’re used to seeing plenty of Apple patents that describe all sorts of technologies and services that might be someday used in future iPhone, ...

Adam Sandler released a new version of 'The Chanukah Song' to include Jared from Subway
... who is "a quarter chosen." And he didn't leave out Shia LaBeouf, who is "half a Jew, but 100 percent nutty." He premiered the fourth version ...

2017 Chevy Bolt Production Version Spy Photos Leak
Serial Spy Photographer Brian Williams (no, not that Brian Williams) caught some über sneaky spy photos of what looks to be the production version ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express Scripts announced a partnership that will introduce a version ...

Open Post: Hosted By Adele Doing The Classroom Instrument Version Of “Hello”
Open Post is going up sooner than usual today, because I know that many of you are leaving your job early to spend hours preparing for Skanksgiving... ...

'Pro Evolution Soccer' gets a free-to-play version this December
For years, FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer have been fighting for the hearts of football fans. EA has always had the money, with authentic strips ...