EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5

Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition
EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform.  We would like to
upgrade to EAServer 5.5.  Therefore, do we simply need to
perform the 2 steps below?

Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release
5.2 Feb 2005 software install it

Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and
install it

Thanks for you help.

Dan
0
Dan

That would be for your Development environment.  Obviously, to migrate your
Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server
instance.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

<Dan Scott> wrote in message news:499ed0d6.ff5.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition
> EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform.  We would like to
> upgrade to EAServer 5.5.  Therefore, do we simply need to
> perform the 2 steps below?
>
> Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release
> 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it
>
> Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and
> install it
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Dan

0
Paul

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Groupwise 5.2.4 to 5.5 Upgrade Files
We're migrating from GW 5.2.4 to Exchange 2003. Rather than exporting/importing personal address books for 250 + users, I thought I could upgrade my GW to 5.5 so I can use a product that moves the personal address books as well as everything else but it requires GW 5.5 (Quest Groupwise Migrator). The questions are: 1). Where can I get the GW 5.2 to 5.5 upgrade files?? 2). Has anyone used the Quest Migrator tool before? Any 'gotchas'? Thanks, Tom You can't. It was a paid upgrade. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop A...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

Upgrade 5.5 to 6.5 #2
Hi, My company has decided to upgrade our GroupWise server 5.5 to version 6.5 We already upgraded the NetWare operating system from 5.1 to 6.5 Would like to know a few things about the new version. It can print HTML e-mails, correct? Can you "embed" a picture into an email, or does it have to go as an attachment? Can you send an e-mail in HTML format? Does it synchronize with Web pages "mailto:" options. Currently, if you click on an email address on a web page, Outlook tries to open. WOuld like it go directly to GroupWise. I also know that it has spam...

Upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 #2
I am upgrading GroupWise (5.5 to 6.5), Netware (5.1 to 6.5), and the server itself. We are a small, single domain, single post office shop. My old server has limited disk space so I don't want to upgrade the old server before migrating to the new one. My plan right now is install Netware 6.5 on the new server and then install GroupWise 6.5 on that server with a new domain and post office. Then I will move the users from the old domain/post office to the new one. Will this plan work? Salerding, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to...

upgrading webaccess 5.2 to 5.5
What do I need to know before upgrading from 5.2 to 5.5??? Should I backup the old 5.2 data first? Thanks! paisano, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Check the knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is poste...

Adding 4.2 upgrade 5-user license onto existing 4.2 upgrade 5-user license
How do you add above license to existing license - I get "cannot find server.mls" Add it with <load install> - product options > Add it with <load install> - product options > > So I can add a 5-user onto a 5-user for a total of 10. I have been getting errors and thought maybe this couldn't be done, although Novell indicated I could purchase this when I was looking and it should work. > Add it with <load install> - product options > > OK - I have gone to product options but not sure which to select. Remember I have...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

Web resources about - EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5 - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo