EAServer manager shows 2 Jaguar servers

Hi, when opening the EAServer Manager it shows 2 servers
with the name "Jaguar" under folder "Servers". They are
exact copies of each other.

Looking in to services, there are not 2 Jaguar service
instances. It is only in the EAServer Manager we see 2
"Jaguar" servers.

We removed the service and installed it again and it still
shows 2 "Jaguar". We can not reproduce this on any other
machines.

Does someone know anything about this?

Our Environment:
- EAServer 5.3
- Windows 2000 servers
0
Jonas

Jonas wrote...
> Hi, when opening the EAServer Manager it shows 2 servers
> with the name "Jaguar" under folder "Servers". They are
> exact copies of each other.
>
> Looking in to services, there are not 2 Jaguar service
> instances. It is only in the EAServer Manager we see 2
> "Jaguar" servers.
>
> We removed the service and installed it again and it still
> shows 2 "Jaguar". We can not reproduce this on any other
> machines.
>
> Does someone know anything about this?
>
> Our Environment:
> - EAServer 5.3
> - Windows 2000 servers

Look in EAServer\Repository\Servers and see what files are in there.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Sybase product enhancement requests:

Jim Egan wrote:
> Jonas wrote...
>> Hi, when opening the EAServer Manager it shows 2 servers
>> with the name "Jaguar" under folder "Servers". They are
>> exact copies of each other.
>>
>> Looking in to services, there are not 2 Jaguar service
>> instances. It is only in the EAServer Manager we see 2
>> "Jaguar" servers.
>>
>> We removed the service and installed it again and it still
>> shows 2 "Jaguar". We can not reproduce this on any other
>> machines.
>>
>> Does someone know anything about this?
>>
>> Our Environment:
>> - EAServer 5.3
>> - Windows 2000 servers
>>

> Look in EAServer\Repository\Servers and see what files are in there.
0
Daniel
4/4/2006 1:50:41 PM
That was good investment of money Daniel and Jim. The
"ghostserver" is gone with the copy of props file.

Tanks & Regards
//Jonas

> I'm with Jim.  My money's on 2 props files - I did this
> same thing. I  made a copy of the props file before making
> changes and kept it called  ..props.  Took me forever to
> figure that one out!
>

> Jim Egan wrote:
> > Jonas wrote...
> >> Hi, when opening the EAServer Manager it shows 2
> servers >> with the name "Jaguar" under folder "Servers".
> They are >> exact copies of each other.
> >>
> >> Looking in to services, there are not 2 Jaguar service
> >> instances. It is only in the EAServer Manager we see 2
> >> "Jaguar" servers.
> >>
> >> We removed the service and installed it again and it
> still >> shows 2 "Jaguar". We can not reproduce this on
> any other >> machines.
> >>
> >> Does someone know anything about this?
> >>
> >> Our Environment:
> >> - EAServer 5.3
> >> - Windows 2000 servers
> >>

> > Look in EAServer\Repository\Servers and see what files
> are in there.
0
Jonas
4/4/2006 2:28:20 PM
Jonas wrote...
> That was good investment of money Daniel and Jim. The
> "ghostserver" is gone with the copy of props file.

Woohoo!  Chalk one up for experience.  Thanks for letting us know that the problem was
resolved.