EAServer manager connection bug?

Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names changed 
below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of the QA 
server):

Prod: server00
QA:   serverdev00

When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a 
message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I have 
to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod.  Similarly, when I am 
connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message "You are 
already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin"

EAServer 5.3.0 build 53016
Sybase Central 4.3.0.2244

I can report if this seems like a bug, just wanted to see if anyone else is 
seeing this. 


0
Jay
10/17/2006 1:32:08 PM
sybase.easerver.general 7903 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
529 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

That does seem like a bug.  The intent is to treat two connections as equal 
if the repository IDs, server names, user names, hosts and ports are the 
same, so that logic must be failing for you somehow.

---------------------------
Keep your stick on the ice,

David Brandow

"Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message 
news:4534d8d8@forums-2-dub...
> Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names 
> changed below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of 
> the QA server):
>
> Prod: server00
> QA:   serverdev00
>
> When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a 
> message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I 
> have to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod.  Similarly, when I 
> am connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message 
> "You are already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin"
>
> EAServer 5.3.0 build 53016
> Sybase Central 4.3.0.2244
>
> I can report if this seems like a bug, just wanted to see if anyone else 
> is seeing this.
> 


0
David
10/17/2006 5:05:03 PM
David Brandow wrote:
> That does seem like a bug.  The intent is to treat two connections as equal 
> if the repository IDs, server names, user names, hosts and ports are the 
> same, so that logic must be failing for you somehow.

Surely repositoryID would be the primary key in this 
instance, why bother checking the other information ?

a.


> 
> ---------------------------
> Keep your stick on the ice,
> 
> David Brandow
> 
> "Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message 
> news:4534d8d8@forums-2-dub...
> 
>>Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names 
>>changed below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of 
>>the QA server):
>>
>>Prod: server00
>>QA:   serverdev00
>>
>>When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a 
>>message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I 
>>have to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod.  Similarly, when I 
>>am connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message 
>>"You are already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin"
>>
>>EAServer 5.3.0 build 53016
>>Sybase Central 4.3.0.2244
>>
>>I can report if this seems like a bug, just wanted to see if anyone else 
>>is seeing this.
>>
> 
> 
> 
0
Adam
10/17/2006 9:34:58 PM
Because it is perfectly valid to have the same person connect to two 
different servers on the same repository at the same time, and equally valid 
to have two different people connect to the same server on the same 
repository.  The only combination we felt was a duplication was having the 
same person connect to the same server on the same repository at the same 
time.

----------------------------
Keep your stick on the ice,

David Brandow

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" <adam.simmonds@REMOVEexemail.com.au> wrote in 
message news:45354c82$1@forums-1-dub...
> David Brandow wrote:
>> That does seem like a bug.  The intent is to treat two connections as 
>> equal if the repository IDs, server names, user names, hosts and ports 
>> are the same, so that logic must be failing for you somehow.
>
> Surely repositoryID would be the primary key in this instance, why bother 
> checking the other information ?
>
> a.
>
>
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Keep your stick on the ice,
>>
>> David Brandow
>>
>> "Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message 
>> news:4534d8d8@forums-2-dub...
>>
>>>Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names 
>>>changed below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of 
>>>the QA server):
>>>
>>>Prod: server00
>>>QA:   serverdev00
>>>
>>>When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a 
>>>message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I 
>>>have to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod.  Similarly, when I 
>>>am connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message 
>>>"You are already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin"
>>>
>>>EAServer 5.3.0 build 53016
>>>Sybase Central 4.3.0.2244
>>>
>>>I can report if this seems like a bug, just wanted to see if anyone else 
>>>is seeing this.
>>>
>>
>> 

0
David
10/18/2006 4:14:32 PM
David Brandow wrote:
> Because it is perfectly valid to have the same person connect to two 
> different servers on the same repository at the same time, and equally valid 
> to have two different people connect to the same server on the same 
> repository.  The only combination we felt was a duplication was having the 
> same person connect to the same server on the same repository at the same 
> time.

Cheers, that makes more sense.
a.


> 
> ----------------------------
> Keep your stick on the ice,
> 
> David Brandow
> 
> "Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" <adam.simmonds@REMOVEexemail.com.au> wrote in 
> message news:45354c82$1@forums-1-dub...
> 
>>David Brandow wrote:
>>
>>>That does seem like a bug.  The intent is to treat two connections as 
>>>equal if the repository IDs, server names, user names, hosts and ports 
>>>are the same, so that logic must be failing for you somehow.
>>
>>Surely repositoryID would be the primary key in this instance, why bother 
>>checking the other information ?
>>
>>a.
>>
>>
>>
>>>---------------------------
>>>Keep your stick on the ice,
>>>
>>>David Brandow
>>>
>>>"Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message 
>>>news:4534d8d8@forums-2-dub...
>>>
>>>
>>>>Our QA and Production EAServer server names are very similar (names 
>>>>changed below, but the only difference is the word 'dev' in the middle of 
>>>>the QA server):
>>>>
>>>>Prod: server00
>>>>QA:   serverdev00
>>>>
>>>>When I am connected to QA and attempt to connect to production I get a 
>>>>message "You are already connected to server00:9000 as jagadmin" and I 
>>>>have to disconnect from QA before connecting to prod.  Similarly, when I 
>>>>am connected to production and want to connect to QA I get the message 
>>>>"You are already connected to serverdev00:9000 as jagadmin"
>>>>
>>>>EAServer 5.3.0 build 53016
>>>>Sybase Central 4.3.0.2244
>>>>
>>>>I can report if this seems like a bug, just wanted to see if anyone else 
>>>>is seeing this.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
> 
0
Adam
10/18/2006 9:34:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

Web Based EAServer Manager for EAServer 5.0
I loaded up EAServer 5.0. Everything works just fine with the exception of the web based EAServer Manager access. When I try to use it I get a "500 Servlet mgmt: unable to service request: null" error on the left frame where the folders and other items should go. Has anyone else received this error and if so how did you correct it. Thanks I'm not clear on what you mean by the web-based EAServer Manager, could you elaborate? There is a web-based Systems Management GUI, which I'm guessing is what you may mean, but its a long way away from being a web-based EASe...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Easerver: Connection not retrieved from cache, bug?!
Hi there, This stacktrace suddenly appears in the log file of my easerver vers. 4.1 without I haven't done anything. It seems to loose the connection to the database and is unable to reestablish it. That must be a bug?! Regards, Jess Stacktrace: ---------- Aug 14 23:05:09 2002: java.sql.SQLException: Connection not retrieved from cache Aug 14 23:05:09 2002: at com.sybase.jaguar.jndi.CosNaming.JagDataSource.getConnection(JagDataSource.java:114) Aug 14 23:05:09 2002: at ekontrol.EKontrolEjbBean.getConnection(EKontrolEjbBean.java:272) Aug 14 23:05:09 2002: at...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Can't connect to EAServer Manager...
I'm very new at EAServer so I'm not sure what to look for when I read the log files. This is probably a simple error so I thought I should pose it to the experts. I can get the Jaguar Server started and running. But when I go to connect to EAServer Manager I get the following error message: --------------------------------------------------------- Failed to connect --------------------------------------------------------- org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: homepc:9000 - Connection refused homepc:9000-java.net.Connection Exception: Connection refused: connect vmcid: 0x0 minor cod...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

New to EAServer
Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. I have been successful in downloading and installing EAServer4.1 but now when I try to connect to the server frm Jaguar manager it says Server could not be located. The Jaguar server is up and running on port 9000 localhost, any ideas on why can the Jaguar manager not connect to it. Please help. Take a look at the log files in $JAGUAR/bin, specificy jaguar.log to see if any errors are reported. Also, verify that there is an IIOP listener at port 9000 on machine localhost. By default, there is no password to log into Jaguar, and the use...

Connecting to EAServer
We are developing a PB app connecting to EAServer and I'm just wondering about performance issues establishing connections to EAServer. Please have a look at the two options below and help me define which approach is best. 1) User signs on to the App, connection is established to EAServer and the connection remains open until the user closes the client application. Advantage: Component calls will be faster as the connection is already established. Disadvantage: More licenses may need to be bought because more concurrent users will be using EAServer at any point in t...

Can=?ISO-8859-1?B?tHQ=?= connect to EAServer 6 with the PB=?ISO-8859-1?B?tHM=?= EAServer profile
Hi, I=b4ve installed EAS 6 and I can access with http normally. The problem is when I can access from pb9 with EAServer Profile. The iiop is 2000 but it shows me CORBA:COMM FAILURE. Can you help me? Xisco wrote: > Hi, I�ve installed EAS 6 and I can access with http > normally. The problem is when I can access from pb9 with > EAServer Profile. The iiop is 2000 but it shows me > CORBA:COMM FAILURE. > > Can you help me? Try using telnet to connect to the server host and port, e.g. telnet my-host 2000 If you get a message like "Could not open con...

Upgraded EAS to 5.3, Can't connect to EAServer Manager
I recently upgraded from EAServer 4.2 to 5.3 but now I can't connect to EAServer Manager. Keep getting "Connection Refused" message. Is there a way to reset security outside of EAServer manager? I know I am using the correct server listner and port number. Connection Refused would imply that the server is not running or you are trying the wrong hostname. If it is a security issues the message you was see is something along the lines of "invalid username/password" At the start of the jaguar log it will say what is being use to start the listeners u...

EAServer jdbc connectivity to DB2 via IBM DB2 Connect on Solaris
Has anybody seen this before :- I get the following error message in the EAServer Logs when trying to ping the connection cache :- Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: Warning - cache test received the following exception object while trying to load COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: java.sql.SQLException: Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path The environment details are :- 1. Solaris 2.8 2. IBM DB2 connect 7 (This is one of the newer releases). 3. EAServer 3.6.1 On Solaris. I...

EaServer
Dear friends: I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next sentence: //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc lnv_conn = create connection lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar" lnv_conn.application= "componente" lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989" lnv_conn.CreateInstance() ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1 I need your help to run my application Thanks Did ...

Web resources about - EAServer manager connection bug? - sybase.easerver.general

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
If you send more email, you might make more money. Then again, you might destroy your reputation and revenue stream. Here's how to know what ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

MOTHER’S DAY: Facebook Examines Connections Between Moms, Kids
With Mother’s Day on the calendar this coming Sunday, Facebook examined the relationships between mothers and their children on the social network, ...

Ben Garcia gives Penrith Panthers a new French connection
Should he jag a game in the NRL, Ben Garcia will become just the third genuine French import to do so.

Man Charged With Aggravated Arson In Connection To Columbus Warehouse Fire
Police have charged 30-year-old Robin Toms with aggravated arson.

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Facebook becomes more adept at dealing with crappy connections
... to get a decent phone signal to allow you to post a photo of your meal. Joking aside, in countries where people are struggling with 2G connections ...

Resources last updated: 12/16/2015 4:38:16 AM