EAServer 5.5 crash

Hi All,
The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I
check the log, the last row that I found in log is following:
Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine
net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write
data failed
There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can
any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root
cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the
log on the day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
"Jaguar.log" file.
We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based web application
on Windows 2003 Server. There are around 400+ users accessing this web
application.
TIA, Malik.
0
Malik
12/2/2009 8:19:31 PM
📁 sybase.easerver.general
📃 7903 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 724 Views

Are you by any chance getting pinged on the TDS listener by some type of
port scanner?
--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]
"Malik" <malikwn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I
> check the log, the last row that I found in log is following:
>
> Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine
> net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
> Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write
> data failed
>
> There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can
> any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root
> cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the
> log on the day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
> "Jaguar.log" file.
>
> We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based web application
> on Windows 2003 Server. There are around 400+ users accessing this web
> application.
>
> TIA, Malik.

0
Millard
12/15/2009 3:45:08 PM
Dear All,
Solved the issue after installing EBF 14146 and EBF 16358
(Paches available on Sybase).
Shahzad Jamil
Netsol Technologies, Lahore, Pakistan.
> Are you by any chance getting pinged on the TDS listener
> by some type of  port scanner?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard[TeamSybase]
>
> "Malik" <malikwn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > legroups.com... Hi All,
> >
> > The problem is that the server has crashed multiple
> > times and when I check the log, the last row that I
> found in log is following: >
> > Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0:
> > Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
> > Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver
> > call to write data failed
> >
> > There are multiple occurrances of this message in the
> > log file. Can any one tell why this is occuring or how
> > could I drill down the root cause for these crashes.
> > There is no other exception appearing in the log on the
> > day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
> "Jaguar.log" file. >
> > We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based
> > web application on Windows 2003 Server. There are around
> > 400+ users accessing this web application.
> >
> > TIA, Malik.

0
Shahzad