EAServer 5.5 crash

Hi All,

The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I
check the log, the last row that I found in log is following:

Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine
net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write
data failed

There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can
any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root
cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the
log on the day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
"Jaguar.log" file.

We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based web application
on Windows 2003 Server. There are around 400+ users accessing this web
application.

TIA, Malik.
0
Malik

Are you by any chance getting pinged on the TDS listener by some type of
port scanner?

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

"Malik" <malikwn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I
> check the log, the last row that I found in log is following:
>
> Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine
> net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
> Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write
> data failed
>
> There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can
> any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root
> cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the
> log on the day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
> "Jaguar.log" file.
>
> We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based web application
> on Windows 2003 Server. There are around 400+ users accessing this web
> application.
>
> TIA, Malik.

0
Millard
12/15/2009 3:45:08 PM
Dear All,

Solved the issue after installing EBF 14146 and EBF 16358
(Paches available on Sybase).

Shahzad Jamil
Netsol Technologies, Lahore, Pakistan.

> Are you by any chance getting pinged on the TDS listener
> by some type of  port scanner?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard[TeamSybase]
>
> "Malik" <malikwn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > legroups.com... Hi All,
> >
> > The problem is that the server has crashed multiple
> > times and when I check the log, the last row that I
> found in log is following: >
> > Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0:
> > Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite
> > Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver
> > call to write data failed
> >
> > There are multiple occurrances of this message in the
> > log file. Can any one tell why this is occuring or how
> > could I drill down the root cause for these crashes.
> > There is no other exception appearing in the log on the
> > day the server crashed. I am currently checking it in
> "Jaguar.log" file. >
> > We have EAServer 5.5.0 Build 55012 running Java based
> > web application on Windows 2003 Server. There are around
> > 400+ users accessing this web application.
> >
> > TIA, Malik.

0
Shahzad

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EAServer crashes (Version 5.5 Build 55012)
EAServer encounters with following error message frequently after which EAServer crashes and become unavailable. Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed Please suggest to avoid above error. Regards & Thanks Shahzad Jamil Is anything running a vulnerability scan against your EAServer box when this happens? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Shahzad Jamil> wrote in message news:4b6ab700.45f0.1681692777@sybase.com... > EAServer encounters with following error message...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

EAServer 5.1 vs 5.1 or 5.0
I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and 5.1 or between version 5.0 and version 5.2. Will appreciate any response in this regards. TIA Sandy wrote: > I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Sandy, Where are you seeing EAServer 5.2??? I just checked downloads on Sybase for the last 12 months and there is no 5.2 version. > Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and > 5.1 or You would want to use 5.1 and not 5...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

CLUSTERING IN EASERVER 5.5
While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component \WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path specified)" and after the server don't synchronize. tarun.sagar@gmail.com wrote... > While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried > to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster > b...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

EAServer 5.3 upgrade to ebf14147
I am updating to ebf14147 to get the updated java version support. I am also moving to using the Java 1.5 vm instead of 1.4 and after upgrading and running with the 1.5vm, the server will not startup. It begins, and then crashes out, and puts the following message in the Jaguarout.log (nothing is placed in the normal Jaguar log). I am using 5.3.0 Build 53016 on Win2k pro. -------------------- Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library : Can't find dependent libraries JNI_Utils::VMAbortHook(): Error: Java VM Aborting, Server Aborting... -----...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - EAServer 5.5 crash - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo