EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry

What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used?

set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

0
Doug

These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so
if they are filled in they'll  be appended to the path constructed in
SERVERSTART.BAT.  There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually
includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version.  If the
PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as
it's set now.

On 15 Mar 2006 12:18:07 -0800, "Doug Porter"
<doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom> wrote:

>What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used?
>
>set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
>
>Doug Porter
>DailyAccess Corporation

0
Jim

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3
I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. ...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

Migrating PB 10.2 to PB 10.5 on EAServer 4.2
My company is currently running EAServer 4.2 and PB 10.2. We are interested in migrating PB10.2 to 10.5 but still keep EAServer 4.2. The installation guide for PB 10.5 mentions that if you migrate to PB 10.5 it is best to get EAServer 5.3. Does anyone have experience in this and if these two (PB 10.5 and EAServer 4.2) are compatible with each other? I would be very surprised if 4.x supported 10.5. It likely doesn't even know about that VM. Carson ____________________________________________ Carson Hager Cynergy Systems, Inc. http://www.cynergysystems.com Macr...

Anyone know PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.3 compatibility ??
We need to upgrade to PB 11.5 We have EAServer 5.3 Windows In the release notes it read: PowerBuilder 11.5 has been tested with EAServer 5.5 patched with EBFs 13993 and 14146, and EAServer 6.2 I can not find if it is compatible and supported with EAServer 5.3 I don't want to upgrade EAServer if I don't have to. But I have to upgrade from PB 10.5 because it's EOF has passed. TIA It wouldn't be officially supported but 5.5 isn't much different from 5.3 so it should be ok. If you want to be officially supported, I would upgrade to 5.5, not 6. <115...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

EAServer 5.2 (Build 52025) and PB 10.5.1 (Build 6551)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C793E7.51685930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting the following error in EAServer's JAGUAR.LOG when I attempt = to deploy an application from PB 10.5.1 build 6551 to EAServer build = 52025.=20 180916-System exception 'CORBA::BAD_OPERATION' thrown by component=20 'Jaguar/Management' method 'isEjbProxyServer' I read the information in a previous thread about the same topic (title = - EAS 5.2 and PB...

Web resources about - EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo