Custom Web datawindow and setting focus

I am using a custom datawindow component and I was wondering how I set focus
to the first field on my datawindow. I have set the tab order on the
datawindow itself but when I view it through a browser the focus does not
appear in the first field.

Kind Regards
Colin Brown

0
Colin

First I would suggest you post Web DW questions in the htmldw forum.

Here's something from an old thread.

<<
<YourDWObjectName>_dataForm.<YourColumnName>_0.focus();>>

--
Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Colin Brown" <myname@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I am using a custom datawindow component and I was wondering how I set
focus
> to the first field on my datawindow. I have set the tab order on the
> datawindow itself but when I view it through a browser the focus does not
> appear in the first field.
>
> Kind Regards
> Colin Brown

0
Larry

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

setting focus in web page of web application
Dear all, I am newbie to dotnet. Currently i am making web application using C# and Asp.net.I want to know whether it is possible to set focus as soon as it get focus and then when we move to other control, focus get shifted to that control.That is  Setfocus and Lostfocus. As we do in Application using Visual Basic.  thanks  Thats right ......and you can certainly do it in asp.net. The only difference would be in syntax.If you are a migrating from VB to .NET then it would should be really easy for you. For example you want to set focus to the text box on webpage l...

How to set Tabindex(set focus) in enter key on web allication
I am having three labels and three textboxes and one button control in my WEB application. When the form loads the cursor should be in the first textbox. And if I press the enter key it should navigate to the second textbox. Again pressing on the enter key it should be on the last textbox. Again if i press enter the focus should be on the button control which will fire an event. How to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember i work web application with c#.akdSalam Namaste Hi..its clientscript ull need...take a look at :http://javascript.internet.com/form...

How to set focus in a GridView control with custom texbox having autopostback set to true?
Hi Can anyone tell me how to set focus in a GridView control which has a textbox added using the edit templates and the texbox having autopostback property set to true. This I basically want to create a functionality where data is displayed from a database and the value of the textbox determines  the total on that page as and when the textbox text changes. Can anyone hep me out with this? I tried using JavaScript but all in vain.Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai Try this.........GridView1.Rows(0).FindControl("TextBox1").Focus();where TextBox1 is the name of your ...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow?
Hello How to set focus to a textfield on a datawindow when an event is caught in a datawindow ? Example : I've a textfield named tf1 and in an event of my datawindow. I want to do sthg like this : Object.tf1.SetFocus() I'm working on PB 6.5. --> Can you also tell me where I can find documentation about properties / functions related to a textfield ? -- Sam This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8C7A80D844210A944E171D15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit dwcontrol.SetColumn ( column ) Help...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Datawindow on web with EAServer and IIS
Hello everybody I have PB10.2, EAServer 5.2 and IIS 6 my question is the following: how can I show a datawindow on web with EAServer and IIS, is there any documentation which explains step by step how to do it?. Does anyone know about the subject? Thanks in advance. Best regards, David Velazco System Engineer David; I have a small demo application I just built. This uses ASP and ASP.Net in IIs to communicate to EAServer PowerBuilder objects that access the ASA Demo database. Drop me a line if you would like me to send you a copy. Note: The entire applicati...

custom settings for web.config
These are the contents for my web.config file =======web.config starts===================== <configuration> <configSections> <section name="JTSSettings" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler,System" /> </configSections> <JTSSettings> <add key="templatefolder" value="templates" /> </JTSSettings> <!-- store the database connection info here --> <appSettings> <add key="sJobTrackingDBConnectionString" value="Server...

Focusing problem with Web DataWindow
I wish to trap error in Web Datawindow whenever user tab/lose focus. I set relevant fields with Validation Expression in DW painter. It should prompts the Validation Message. However it is also prompts another dialog box - 'Focus problem! Control losing focus is not current control!'. This also happens whenever I tab to other field or click on other controls/links. How to overcome this dialog box? ...

set focus on a web control
In C#, is there anyway we set focus on a web control (button) without using the javascript? Thanks. Unfortunately, no. Focus is a client-side operation (as determined by the browser), so it requires javascript.-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web resources about - Custom Web datawindow and setting focus - sybase.easerver.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo