Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1

Hello all,

    I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS
3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a
connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems
to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to
access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the
Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache
name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used
(Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it doesn't support
Direct Connect (driver unavailable for the platform). Is there another
method or driver to make CICS connections within PowerBuilder components ?
Thanks in advance,

Edmundo Campos

0
Edmundo

Some have used the SYJ driver, which is the only way to use OpenClient
connection caches in EAServer, but that is not a supported solution.
You would need to use JDBC or ODBC cache for a supported option.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:29:01 -0500, "Edmundo Campos"
<edmundo_campos@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>    I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS
>3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a
>connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems
>to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to
>access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the
>Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache
>name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used
>(Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it doesn't support
>Direct Connect (driver unavailable for the platform). Is there another
>method or driver to make CICS connections within PowerBuilder components ?
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Edmundo Campos

0
joneil
12/13/2002 3:52:34 AM
First of all, i would like to thank you for this explanation. So, here is my
second question: Where can i find some documentation on how to use JDBC or
ODBC to connect to CICS and execute transactions ? Thanks, regards,

Edmundo Campos

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
3df95957.7381484@forums.sybase.com...
> Some have used the SYJ driver, which is the only way to use OpenClient
> connection caches in EAServer, but that is not a supported solution.
> You would need to use JDBC or ODBC cache for a supported option.
>
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:29:01 -0500, "Edmundo Campos"
> <edmundo_campos@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >    I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS
> >3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a
> >connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it
seems
> >to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to
> >access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the
> >Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache
> >name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not
used
> >(Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it doesn't
support
> >Direct Connect (driver unavailable for the platform). Is there another
> >method or driver to make CICS connections within PowerBuilder components
?
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Edmundo Campos

0
Edmundo

easerver 3.6.1 C1 and oracle 8.1.6 connection cache driver
What parameters must I use to make a connection cache beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6? Jim O'Neill already answers this: >ODBC, JDBC or native OCI caches will work. If you are using native >OCI caches though, be advised there is a problem when using 8.1.6+ >client software. That problem is remedied in the eagerly awaited EBF >#1 to EAServer. I loaded the EBF#1 and still can't make the connection cache work. For the server name, I use the name of the Net8 service naming (orcl). I tried an other name with a oracle SID name, with no effect. For the...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

EAServer 3.6.1, Solaris 2.6 SVU Example cache connection
Hello group, I've got a fresh install on the above (subj) enviornment. I'm running witht the jagsrv_jdk12 startup. I have started the jagdemo.db. When I ping the installed cache connection for the Sample the manager the server process locks (No repaint or response in the manager, and a new manager session cannot connect to the jagsrvr) I do have the libodbc.so in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and have verified the complete path to to the Driver is in the odbc.ini. Stuck, Stuck, Stuck, Thanks in advance. Is there any errors in the srv.log? Also can you connect to the datab...

EAS 3.6.1 C1 & Oracle 8.1.7 Connection Cache Problem
I am experiencing inconsistent results when using an OCI 8.x connection cache with EAServer 3.6.1 C1 release. There are a few times when everything (i.e. database retrieves and updates) is working fine. If I close the browser (both IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.76) and try the same sequence of events again, Jaguar hangs while trying to connect to the connection cache. Most of the time, we can't even get a single update to work. There doesn't appear to be a pattern on why it works sometimes and doesn't work most of the time. I am not experiencing any problems if I use the...

Connection cache creation (EAServer 3.6.1 C2 (Bld: 36110), Oracle 8.1.7 client
Unable to successfully ping the data source. Error Message: "Ping for <cache_name> OCI_8 Connection Cache failed: The Ping operation did not complete successfully. Could not find the specified connection cache" Here's my connection cache properties. a) Servername: specified the Oracle SID without the "@" symbol b) user_name and password entered. c) Driver - oci.dll , OCI 8.x radio button checked. Expedited help is requested. Is the cache installed in a particular server? On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:29:15 -0400, Ram_L wrote: >...

Error with Connection Cache in EAServer 3.6.1
Hi, I have successfully used my Web application EAServer 3.6, but when it turn to EAServer 3.6.1, I cannot run the Web application at all ( I cannot login to my web application ), finally the problem seems to be solved by turning the no of cache in the connection Caches from 10 to 100, but a error message also comes out in the srv.log : Network error: status = 29 - Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect Mar 09 14:22:38 2001: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite Network error: status = 60 - Attempt to use invalid ...

Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache
Oracle 7.3 Instance TLO1 Alias TLO1 Connection Cache settings Cache Name oracle_tlo1 Description TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle Enable cache by name access No Enable connection sanity check Yes No of connections in cache 10 Service Name <nothing> Database Connection Server TLO1 User com Password xxx Driver ociw32.dll OCI 7.x When I ping the connection it fails with.. Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Con...

Jaguar CTS 3.0.1 and Connection Caches
We have migrated all of our EA Studio components and developed applications to a new server and are in the process of establishing a connection cache via an ODBC connection. Jag Mgr. cannot recognize nor 'Ping' the backend (ASE 11.9.2). Although this worked fine on the old server, we have partitioned the new server with 4 different mapped drives and now there seems to be some conflict in addressing Sybase EA Studio components across a mapped drive scenario. Here's the current configuration: Drive C contains IIS, PowerDynamo and Sybase Central - This was done due to a pr...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

Where is connection cache info stored? - Can't find cache "props" files in \Repository\ConnCache
I have three connection caches I'd like to copy to another machine, so I was going to copy the associated "props" files to the other machine. The \Repository\ConnCache folder on the machine with the three connection caches appears empty. Where are the connection cache properties stored? Windows NT 4.0 Jaguar CTS 3.6 John Lund They live inside of the afconfig.dat file. Why not sync the server? Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "John Lund" <jlund@commerce.state.wi.us> wrote in message news:LS9Ab8iWAHA.67@forums.syb...

OCI 8.x Connection Cache problem with EAS 3.6.1 on Solaris 8
I have created a connection cache to access an Oracle 8.1.7 DB but when trying to ping it I got this message: The ping operation did not complete successfully and the srv.log shows: OCI8: Server Attach Error while trying to retreive text for error ORA-12154. I have verified if it was the library libclntsh.so the problem but even if it's specified or not in the field DDL or Class Name, I got the problem. Any suggestion? Try creating a Symbolic link in $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory as libclntsh.so Command is : ln libclntsh.so.8.0 libclntsh.so Make sure $ORACLE_HOME/lib is...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Can not install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 over Jaguar CTS 3.5
I have Jaguar CTS 3.5 installed on my computer. When I try to install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (which came with the same package for PowerBuilder 7.0), I got message: Installation detects Jaguar CTS 3.5 or Jaguar CTS 3.6 is not installed on this machine. Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 Update need Jaguar CTS 3.5 or Jaguar CTS 3.6 to be installed first. I reinstalled Jaguar CTS 3.5, but got the same message again when try to install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Boris Levy wrote: >I have Jaguar CTS 3.5 installed...

need help with Connection Cache.( jaguar 3.5 has problem with oracle 8.1.7 jdbc drivers )
When I am pingging connection cache to oracle database.I am getting Ping of Test Connection Cache failed: JCM.getCache() could not retrieve cache for user/password/server values supplied. com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: the connection cache was not found. Envir: Oracle 8.1.7v database JDBC Drivers 8.1.7 ( classes111.zip) Dll: jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:sid EAServer: 3.5 With Same USERID/PASSWORD and Drivers, I can connect to oracle db from java application in client/server manner. thank you raji what you specified for DLL is really what should be you...

Web resources about - Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 - sybase.easerver.general

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

'How To Get Away With Murder' Season 2 Spoilers: Annalise, Wes, Eve's Connection Teased
... Away With Murder" season 2 will reveal more information about Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), Eve (Famke Janssen) and Wes' (Alfred Enoch) connection. ...