connection cache problem Connection not open

I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time.  Then I
will get this error.

Is there a timeout or something?

SQLSTATE = 08003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open

0
Alan

also, some time i get this error:

Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor.
Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure.
---
Jaguar Memory Error:
invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0)
  (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block)
                  58B8AD3000000000000000000000000000000000
X��0................
.............X.IP....
                  00000100C6F90931000000000000000000000000
.....��.1............
.........5.5.5.5.5.5.
                  3500350035003500350035008300F10203010800
5.5.5.5.5.5...�.....
                  02000040A03BFA3000000000802C0F3117FC0000 ...@
;�0.....,.1.�..
                  0000000000000000E90300000000000000000000
.........�...........
"Alan Lehman" <alan.lehman@midata.com> wrote in message
> I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time.  Then I
> will get this error.
>
> Is there a timeout or something?
>

> SQLSTATE = 08003
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open

0
Alan
2/16/2001 10:00:49 PM
Just some addition info,  The ODBC error is a db-2 database using db2
connect and the second error is a Oracle 7.3 using the native drivers.

"Alan Lehman" <alan.lehman@midata.com> wrote in message
> I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time.  Then I
> will get this error.
>
> Is there a timeout or something?
>

> SQLSTATE = 08003
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open

0
Alan

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

test for open connection before connection.open command
Hi I am trying to work together a peice of code that will basically state: If MyCon.Open Then 'do nothing Else MyCon.Open() End If This is because occasionally the SQL.ExecuteReader() occasionally times out and when the user trys again the page errors and states that the MyCon is already open. Has anyone had to deal with this before? Thanks for any help, Skippy. Try this - If MyCon.state = ConnectionState.open Then 'do nothing else ... In fact, if you require only to check connection is open and if not open the connection then fo...

not connected when I am connected

Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer
Hello everybody, I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database , the value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server , I can fix it by setting DB profile�G Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors I can set it to �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display correct value. But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How can I fix this problem in informix7 database? Thanks a lot. Modify your pbodb70.ini o...

Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

connection pooling and open connections
Hi Dmitry, I have connection pooling enabled and I'm connecting to MySQL with 2 AdConnection at the same time. Is it normal that I see 2 active connections on MySQL management and not just one? I thought that when using connection pooling they would share the same one. Thanks, Lorenzo Hello Lorenzo > Is it normal that I see 2 active connections on MySQL management and not > just one? FireDAC does not open the pooled connections before they will be really needed. Instead FireDAC returns open connections back to pool instead of closing them, when they are no l...

connecting to wrong connection cache
Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection cache ? we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event. this is our dbparm : Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED' what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using easerver 4.2 thanks for anyadvice Matt Hi, Matt, What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with a name othe...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Web resources about - connection cache problem Connection not open - sybase.easerver.general

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...