connecting to wrong connection cache

Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection
cache ?
we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event.

this is our dbparm :

Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO
ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED'

what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using
easerver 4.2

thanks for anyadvice

Matt

0
Matthew

Hi, Matt,

What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with
a name other than the one that you specify?

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

"Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong
connection
> cache ?
> we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate
event.

> this is our dbparm :

Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO
> ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED'
>
> what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using
> easerver 4.2
>
> thanks for anyadvice
>
> Matt

0
Millard
10/27/2004 12:30:46 AM
yes thats correct , we say connect to 'con1' and it would connect to 'con2'
? and that
could be a completly different DB.

Its only seems to happen when the server is started for the first time ,
once it starts cleanly its ok.

Matt

"Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase]" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:417eec36$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi, Matt,
>
> What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache
with
> a name other than the one that you specify?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard[TeamSybase]
>
> "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong
> connection
> > cache ?
> > we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate
> event.
> >
> > this is our dbparm :

Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO
> > ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED'
> >
> > what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using
> > easerver 4.2
> >
> > thanks for anyadvice
> >
> > Matt

0
Matthew

not connected when I am connected

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

jdbc connection cache vs client library connection cache
I see options for Client Library to encrypt data by passing the information to the DBMS. But I don't see similar options for JDBC. Are the Sybase 11.0 encryption options only available through the Client Library driver? TIA, Tim The encryption you see of OpenClient is only to encrypt the password. The rest of the stream is i the clear. jConnect can go inside of SSL but you need to tunell, and detunnel etc etc. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message news:38ac2dbf@news.qgraph.com... > I see options f...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

HELPHELP - cannot connect to connection cache
Hi, I cannot connect to my connection cache, see an extract of my srv.log file: .... Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: `�, . Oct 11 17:27:39 2000: Cannot connect .... Whats wrong ? I installed EA Studio 3.0 then updated to 3.5. The OS is Windows NT 4.0 Server. Thank you for any h...

Get connection from connection cache ??? #2
Hi, I am do all the setting for the connection cache and can look up the connection from JNDI space by : DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource) nameCntxt.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myAlias2DB"); Connection con = ds.getConnection(); Do it mean that I can get connection from the connection cache ??? when I close the con, the connection will be released ??? Thanks in Advanced !!! Answers inline... -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "Penny" <penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fdHbgpvLBHA.202@forums.s...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

EAServer Connection caches
We are planning to have an application in Appeon with EAServer. We are going to rent the application to our customers, so each customer will have its own database, so I will need one connection cache for each database. If I have 1000 customers using the application, I would need 1000 connection caches, will EAServer support as many connections ? Thanks Hi, I consulted a consultant of Sybase before regarding this one. He said one of his projects has 6000 connection caches. Therefore, EAServer supports as many as 6000 connection caches. By the way, EAServer is version 5. I...

EAServer connection cache
I Can create jaguar connection cache . But i am not able to ping it. It gives error mesage. Indus In article <97F45D4374AB01230043313185256B19.004331B485256B19 @webforums>, Indus says... > I Can create jaguar connection cache . > But i am not able to ping it. > It gives error mesage. > Indus > What is the error message? Also what are your settings for the connection cache? Have you tried restarting the server? Mark -- Mark Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. mpfeifer at sprynet.com www.ctpartners.com ...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

I cannot ping a new Oracle 8 connection cache and sometimes even the connection caches of PB 7 examples.
I've got two computers running WNT Workstation. 1) In the first one, just after installing PB 7.0.2, I cannot ping the connection caches used by the PB 7 examples (for examples: SurfSideVideo 3.5). I've tried to create a new connection cache using Oracle 8 driver (using an Oracle alias as ServerName): Nothing! I can't ping. 2) On the another computer I can ping only the caches of the PB7 examples. But I still cannot create a proper connection cache directly to Oracle 8 (no ODBC). Please help me!!!!!!!! Thank you. Domenico Beato What types of erro...

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

connection cache hangs when getting a DB connection
I have a PB9 component deployed in EAS 5.1 as a standard stateless component, transaction not supported, but we are using connection cache in EAS: here is the DB parm: dbms = O90 dbparm = disablebind=1,CommitOnDisconnect='NO',TimeStamp='NO',CacheName='DBConnection',GetConnectionOption='JAG_CM_WAIT' in activate we do connect using SQLCA; and de-activate we do a disconnect using SQLCA; programmatically we are handling commit and rollback to Oracle 9 DB connection (no setabort() or setcomplet() since component does not support a ...

referencing a connection cache instead of a db connection
Since I am using a connection cache on Jag, and I prefer cache-by-name, I have been manually editing pages with HTMLDW DTC's to reference the cache by name, just before I deploy. Is there anyplace within PowerSite to tell a page to use a named Jag cache? TIA, James C. Not currently unless it's been addressed in the 3.01 maintenance release. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com JAC wrote in message .....

Slow connection to Oracle 10g connection cache
Hi, First: by slow I mean around 250 milliseconds, not whole seconds or minutes. PB 10.2.0 7516 EAServer 5.3 53016 Oracle Instant client I have an Oracle 10g database that I set up a connection cache for in EAServer. I am connecting to it from a PowerBuilder component with the following code: sqlca.DBMS = as_dbms If Len(as_cachename) > 0 Then sqlca.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='" + as_cachename + "'" If Len(as_dbparm) > 0 Then sqlca.DBParm += "," + as_dbparm End If End If CONNECT; I have the c...

active connection in connection cache keep on increasing
I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the processes completed. How can I resolve this issue? Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object? Andr�. Lee Sung Shing wrote: > I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on > increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the > processes completed. How can I resolve this issue? Yes, every time my object gets deactivated. The object have auto-demarcation option c...

Connection Cache fails with Direct Connect to CICS
Our mainframe is shut down every night and every morning I have to restart Jaguar. I suspect that the connection cache to CICS through Direct Connect is failing when the mainframe goes down. Can Jaguar be configured so that it detects that the other end of a connection cache has gone away and then discard the connection cache? Jerry ...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Invalid handle when trying to connect to Connection Cache
I am trying to create a jaguar component using pb and i want to connect to connection cache of OCI 8.x. I have the connection cache working but when i try to connect from the component i get the following error: SQL Error: An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver. SQLdbcode: 999 // Profile Pers107 ltr_connect.DBMS = "ODBC" //"OR8 ORACLE 8.0.3" I know this isn't correct since i am using a native driver. What is the correct string for Orace 8.0.5 // the name of the installed cache is pb_demodb ltr_connect.DBParm = "UseContextObje...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Web resources about - connecting to wrong connection cache - sybase.easerver.general

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...