Connecting EAServer to MS SQLServer via JDBC

I am having trouble creating an EAServer Connection Cache to
MS SQLServer 2000 via JDBC

I have tried with the Microsoft driver
com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource.

This doesn't work with the Server Name
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://txt_test:1053 giving the
following exception when I Refresh the Connection Cache:

Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0000001532] E
180438-Jaguar/Management refresh ConnCache member2
Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0010736847] I 010067-Cache Name:
member2 Driver Class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sq
lserver.SQLServerDataSource Version info not available.
Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0010736847] W 010027-JCM Caught
Throwable:
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.Utility.UnInitializedException: Cannot
Initialize Pool Manager
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.ResourceManager.Jdbc20ResourceManager.<init>(Jdbc20ResourceManager.java:64)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.ResourceManager.ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.createJdbc20Rm(ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.java:146)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.ResourceManager.ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.createResourceManager(ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.java:112)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.ResourceManager.ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.getOrCreateResourceManager(ResourceManagerFactoryImpl.java:74)
        at com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.newCache(JCM.java:724)
        at com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.newCache(JCM.java:699)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.refreshCache(JCM.java:658)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.refreshSingleCache(JCM.java:1092)
        at com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.refresh(JCM.java:1043)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.server.ServertoJavaImpl.JCMrefresh(ServertoJavaImpl.java:49)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.server._Ex_sk_Jaguar_ServertoJava._Ex_sk_Jaguar_ServertoJava_JCMrefresh(_Ex_sk_Jaguar_ServertoJava.java:47)

Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0010736847] W 010011-Warning: Unable
to refresh cache: {0}.
Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0000001532] C 180272-Refresh:
ServletEngine
Jan 27 10:07:41 2005: [0028487985] A JCMPing Caught
Exception:
com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: Error: Connection cache
for server jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://txt
_test:1053 does not exist.
        at com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM.getCache(JCM.java:851)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.jcmPingImpl.getCache(jcmPingImpl.java:138)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.jcmPingImpl.ping(jcmPingImpl.java:104)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm._sk_Jaguar_JCMPing.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_JCMPing.java:55)

When I use the Server Name
ServerName=txt_test:PortNumber=1053, the Refresh works but
the Ping fails.

Jan 27 10:08:12 2005: [0000001532] E
180438-Jaguar/Management refresh ConnCache member2
Jan 27 10:08:12 2005: [0010736847] I 010067-Cache Name:
member2 Driver Class:
com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource Version
info not available.
Jan 27 10:08:12 2005: [0000001532] C 180272-Refresh:
ServletEngine
Jan 27 10:08:18 2005: [0028487985] D
com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BasePooledConnectionWrapper.close():@122d9c
Jan 27 10:08:18 2005: [0028487985] A JCMPing Caught
Exception:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC]Object has been closed.
        at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BaseConnectionWrapper.closedException(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BasePooledConnectionWrapper.close(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BasePooledConnectionWrapperSybWrapper.close(BasePooledConnectionWrapperSybWrapper.java:17)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCMCache.releaseConnection(JCMCache.java:727)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.jcmPingImpl.getConnection(jcmPingImpl.java:153)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.jcmPingImpl.ping(jcmPingImpl.java:113)
        at
com.sybase.jaguar.jcm._sk_Jaguar_JCMPing.invoke(_sk_Jaguar_JCMPing.java:55)

I have also tried using the Inet Merlia driver
com.inet.tds.PDataSource with both the server name
jdbc:inetpool:jdbc:inetdae7:txt_test:1053 and
serverName=txt_test:port=1053.
The refresh always fails with:

Jan 27 10:17:39 2005: [0000001532] E
180438-Jaguar/Management refresh ConnCache member
Jan 27 10:17:39 2005: [0010736847] I 010066-Cache Name:
member Driver Class: com.inet.tds.PDataSource Version: 6.3
Jan 27 10:17:39 2005: [0010736847] W 010027-JCM Caught
[...]

Jan 27 10:17:39 2005: [0010736847] W 010011-Warning: Unable
to refresh cache: {0}.
Jan 27 10:17:39 2005: [0000001532] C 180272-Refresh:
ServletEngine

I am using the downloaded evaluation EAServer Jaguar CTS -
Component Transaction Server/Version 5.0.0 (Build
50054)/P/PC Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 25 2003 22:40:48

Any assistance anybody can give me will be greatly
appreciated.
0
James

EAServer jdbc connectivity to DB2 via IBM DB2 Connect on Solaris
Has anybody seen this before :- I get the following error message in the EAServer Logs when trying to ping the connection cache :- Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: Warning - cache test received the following exception object while trying to load COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: java.sql.SQLException: Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path The environment details are :- 1. Solaris 2.8 2. IBM DB2 connect 7 (This is one of the newer releases). 3. EAServer 3.6.1 On Solaris. I...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

EAServer JDBC Connection to Oracle
I am trying to get a JDBC connection cache in EAServer 4.2.2 to connect to an Oracle 9i RAC using the Oracle OCI driver (vice the Thin driver). Can someone help me with this? Thanks, Scott It's pretty straight forward. Put the classes file in %jaguar%\java\lib. Add the Oracle DLL directory to your BOOTLIBRARYPATH and then configure the cache with the "thick" URL. Carson ________________________________ Carson Hager Cynergy Systems, Inc. http://www.cynergysystems.com Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 3.0 http://www.c...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

How to connect to informix with EAServer via ODBC
I try to connect to informix with easerver via odbc, and have been impossible for me, someone to know about that problem? Thanks. I found the problem, the server name is the same name of database If some ones to know. > I try to connect to informix with easerver via odbc, and > have been impossible for me, someone to know about that > problem? > > Thanks. ...

Oracle JDBC Connection problem in EAServer
Please Help, I have problem setting the ORACLE-JDBC Connection Cache in Jaguar. I�m using EAServer 4.1 under Windows 2000. Jaguar is not running as service. Oracle version is 8.1.7 Jaguar is running with Sun JDK 1.22 and the both oracle jdbc files "classes12.zip" and "nls_charset12.zip" are in the classpath. Connection props file is as follows: #Sybase EAServer 4.1 Properties com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibdll=oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolD ataSource com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibname=JDBC com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.db_type=Oracle8i...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

linking to connection caches in EAServer via PB
Hi Everyone, I'm about to lose my mind here. I've spent several days reviewing the documentation about EAServer and connection caches. I'm still confused on this versus just connecting to the oracle connection directly. I have a connection cache that's pointed to our oracle database and that works fine (I can ping and it connects no problem). We're considering the middle tier approach on deploying our heavy duty math functions as PB components to EAServer(I think I have the hang of that part). Where I'm confused is: If one uses a connection cache, is th...

Possible to connect to EAServer and MS SQL server at same time?
I'm proposing the use of Powerbuilder 7.0 and EA server in an application development project to my client. The project will deliver additional functionality to an existing application. The existing application is written in PowerBuilder 5.0 and is a client-server application which connects directly to a MS SQL Server data base server. For the new development we wish to make full use of EA Server to encode business rules and to provide more control over access to the database. All access to the database in the new portions of the application will be implemented via EA Server....

DBD::JDBC: JDBC connection to SQLServer: java JDBC error: NoClassDefFoundError
W2K. Perl. Target: use JDBC connectionin Perl to connect to SQLServer. The Perl part is not yet of relevance here. I installed the JDBC.pm part. What I need to do is 1. Start the server. 2. Connect to the server. In the pod: Add dbd_jdbc.jar and your database driver to your classpath. (my driver is inetuna 2000: SqlServer 7/2000). Start the server providing at least the required system properties on the command line. A sample bash script is included: export CLASSPATH=dbd_jdbc.jar:/oracle/jdbc/classes111.zip:$CLASSPATH DRIVERS=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver java -Djdbc.dr...

Web resources about - Connecting EAServer to MS SQLServer via JDBC - sybase.easerver.general

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...