Component Properties

I am trying to obtain the component properties of a PB 8 non-visual object
on EAServer using the Keyword Service.  Does anyone have an example of
using the Keyword service in PB? There is not a clear example of obtaining
the component properties.  There is one for Environment variables.

TIA

  -Guy

0
Guy_Galardi

String    ls_value[]
ContextKeyword icx_keyword

This.GetContextService("Keyword", icx_keyword)
icx_keyword.GetContextKeywords("com.sybase.jaguar.component.pb.librarylist",
ls_value)

--
current email: pete_byer @fujisawa.com
permanent email: pete_byer @byerconsulting.com

<Guy_Galardi> wrote in message
> I am trying to obtain the component properties of a PB 8 non-visual object
> on EAServer using the Keyword Service.  Does anyone have an example of
> using the Keyword service in PB? There is not a clear example of obtaining
> the component properties.  There is one for Environment variables.
>
> TIA
>
>   -Guy

0
Pete
4/10/2002 6:07:13 PM
That makes sense.  Could you access a component property that does not have
the 'pb' in it?  I tried this for a property that I created in the object
(com.sybase.jaguar.component.frequency), but did not get any values back. I
did restart EAServer just to make sure that it picked up the properties.  I
would like to set some properties in the component that do not exist
otherwise.  Have you tried that?

 - Guy
0
Guy_Galardi
4/12/2002 11:38:02 AM
yes you can get any property, they are just stored in a text file so there is
nothing stopping you from getting them
make sure you dont have a typo and make sure that the property has been added
properly.
a.

--
Adam Simmonds
FlexSIS Project - System Architect/Web Development

She wrote me a john-dear letter...something about me not listening
enough, I don't know...I wasn't really paying attention - Harry: Dumb and
Dumber

Adam
4/15/2002 1:57:52 AM
I actually use one like:
com.sybase.jaguar.component.myname1.myname2

I did manually add my property to my component (thru jagman) before I
programatically manipulate it.

--

> That makes sense.  Could you access a component property that does not
have
> the 'pb' in it?  I tried this for a property that I created in the object
> (com.sybase.jaguar.component.frequency), but did not get any values back.
> did restart EAServer just to make sure that it picked up the properties.
> would like to set some properties in the component that do not exist
> otherwise.  Have you tried that?
>
>  - Guy

0
Pete

Component Properties All Properties tab
Is there a size/item limit to the Component Properties All Properties repository? I'd like to store (potentially hundreds) customer connection username/password information in this area. None we are aware of. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "David Short" <david.short@prescriber.com> wrote in message news:396A581C.2454F1DB@prescriber.com... > Is there a size/item limit to the Component Properties All Properties > repository? I'd like to store (potentially hundreds) customer > connection username/password information in this area. >...

How to read Component Property (from the component itself)
I am using this code to read a Jaguar Component Property (from the Component itself) : private String getProperty(String _s) throws javax.ejb.EJBException, com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException { String propVal = null; try { powersoft.powerj.jaguar.InitialContext ctx = new powersoft.powerj.jaguar.InitialContext (); propVal = (String)ctx.lookup(_s); } catch (java.lang.Exception e) { com.sybase.jaguar.server.Jaguar.writeLog(true, getClass().toString() + e.toString()); } return (propVal); } ...

getting Component properties from CORBA Component
Hi, Does nyone know if there's a way to get user set properties for a component within a CORBA component? I've tried using Toolkit.getProperty(), System.getProperty/ies() and the security getProperty(), and none of these work. Otherwise, how can I set a property for a CORBA component, and pick it up from within my code? I want to have several components, that vary only according to a user set property. Thank you andrewo ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Here is an example: ContextKeyword lcx...

How to create component/property editors for FMX components?
Hi All, I've created (I hope :) ) a FireMonkey component. Now I want to create component editors and property editors. I know how to do it for VCL (include DesignIntf, DesignEditors, descend from TComponentEditor and TPropertyEditor and register them). How do you create component editors and property editors in FireMonkey though? Thanks, Tom > I've created (I hope :) ) a FireMonkey component. Now I want to create > component editors and property editors. I know how to do it for VCL > (include DesignIntf, DesignEditors, descend from TComponentEditor and > TPrope...

Custom property editor accessing other component properties
I have a component which has a custom property editor for one of its properties. The custom property editor is derived from TStringProperty and works as expected. I need to, however, modify the editor to show a number of user selectable items which depends on the value of another property in the same component. How do you design a property editor for a component that can reference other properties of the component besides the one that it is designed to edit? I am using BCB6. Regards FarmerJo John wrote: > I have a component which has a custom property editor for one of its &...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

Custom property editor that can access other properties of a component.
I have a component that has a custom property editor for one of its properties. The editor provides a drop-down list of items that the user can select, this works as expected. I would like to modify the editor so that the list of items in the drop-down list depends also on the value of another property in the same component. How do I design a custom property editor that can access a property of a component other than the property for which the editor is registered? Regards FarmerJo John wrote: > How do I design a custom property editor that can access a property > of a compo...

Inspector component for TDictionary values? (not component properties) [Edit]
I would like to hear suggestions to show and edit the contents of my TDictionary in a Inspector fascion. Some values are multiple-choice (TComboBoxEx?), some are free to edit (TEdit?) and some are multiline (TMemo?). I want my software to show these in a list, like the IDE Inspector does. But using an inspector, like TJvInspector is not suitable because there is no object to inspect. With the list of fields being unique i ofcourse can not implement all possible properties. Actually also TComboBoxEx is underfeatured, i want it to be able to show columns and images. > {quote:title=N ...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

EAServer component execute component located on another CORBA server
Hi all, I'd like to test if EAServer component can execute component located on another CORBA server. The SUN JDK's name server orbd was started and the HelloServer componet was successfully inititialized the object reference to the name server: 1) orbd -ORBInitialPort 54321 -ORBInitialHost localhost -port 54321 2) java HelloServer -ORBInitialPort 54321 -ORBInitialHost localhost A compoent was written and deployed to EAServer using com.sybase.CORBA.ORB: Properties props = new Properties(); props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB&...

About Component Properties
component have many properties,such as com.sybase.jaguar.component.minpool,com.sybase.jaguar.component.maxpool. but they must be set in the Resources tab in the EAServer Manager Component Properties dialog box.That is to say if we have many components,we must set several times.Have any way to set these properties one time. Thanks for everybody! You could stop your server, open the props files in a tool like textpad, do a global replace over all files, save and restart Jaguar. "Rong Shen" <randysweet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40ee2a25@forums-1-dub... &...

EAServer components
One of the claims I see for EAServer is that 'Sybase EAServer is the only application server foundation that supports all component models, including J2EE, COM, CORBA, C/C++ and PowerBuilder.' Does this mean you can run PB, VB, JAVA, etc on EAServer? Or what exactly does it mean? Do others like Weblogic and Websphere not support the above ( outside of PB of course )? Correct. EAServer will host C++, Java, any COM components, PB etc. Weblogic and WebSphere do support CORBA components, and some flavor of COM, and of course J2EE, but only in their Enterprise edition, which ...

Web resources about - Component Properties - sybase.easerver.general

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Properties pass in as 1000 auctions unfold after last week’s Melbourne Cup lull
Melbourne's declining real estate clearance rate was reflected by mixed auction results on Saturday.

Golden Mile a 'basketcase' as commercial properties lose value
Kings Cross will never again function as Sydney's late-night entertainment precinct, property owners say, with residential developers snapping ...

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...