CLUSTERING IN EASERVER 5.5

While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried
to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster
bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component
WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component
\WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path
specified)" and after the server don't synchronize.

0
tarun

tarun.sagar@gmail.com wrote...
> While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried
> to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster
> bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component
> WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component
> \WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path
> specified)" and after the server don't synchronize.

I don't have any experience with clustering, but I think I recall a thread a few months
back where clustering had a problem.  It might have been in 5.5.  Do a Google search and
you'll probably turn it up.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Sybase product enhancement requests:

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

<tarun.sagar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> While preparing a cluster wherein I included two server,when i tried
> to synchronize the server a warning appeared saying "sync Cluster
> bluegreen: ERROR: com.sybase.jaguar.system.LookupError: Component
> WebApplication/EASDefault - C:\Sybase\EAServer\Repository\Component
> \WebApplication\EASDefault.props (The system cannot find the path
> specified)" and after the server don't synchronize.

0
Millard

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

EAServer 5.1 vs 5.1 or 5.0
I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and 5.1 or between version 5.0 and version 5.2. Will appreciate any response in this regards. TIA Sandy wrote: > I am looking at deploying EAServer version 5.2 on Windows. Sandy, Where are you seeing EAServer 5.2??? I just checked downloads on Sybase for the last 12 months and there is no 5.2 version. > Has anybody tried this before? what are the changes between version 5.0 and > 5.1 or You would want to use 5.1 and not 5...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

EAServer 5.5 crash
Hi All, The problem is that the server has crashed multiple times and when I check the log, the last row that I found in log is following: Dec 02 10:06:06 2009: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_write() failed in srv_rawwrite Network error: status = 36 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed There are multiple occurrances of this message in the log file. Can any one tell why this is occuring or how could I drill down the root cause for these crashes. There is no other exception appearing in the log on the day the server crashed. I am currently chec...

EAServer 5.5 problem
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our TEST EAServer to 5.5 (Win 2003 server, Oracle DB). We're able to simulate user transactions by sending HTTP requests to the ISS server pointed towards the EAServer. If the CPU load of the "jagsrv.exe" is less than 50% in "windows task manager", the server runs for days. But if there is more than 50% CPU of the "jagsrv.exe" the EAServer freezes after a few hours : - the logs are not updated (no sign of a problem at all in the logs). - the CPU usage of the "jagsrv.exe" drops to 0 . - it is not possible t...

Irregular failure of Java client to lookup component reference in an EAServer 5.5 cluster...
When using a Java client to obtain a remote reference to a CORBA component installed on an EAServer 5.5 cluster, I am getting a failure on the SessionManager.Factory.create() call in some cases. When the failure occurs the client throws the following exception: org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons...

Linux EAServer 6 + unixODBC + SQL AnyWhere 5.5.0.5
Dear All, I have the following problem: I just wanted to create a webDW which retrieves data from an SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5 database. After deploying, I cannot see data on the webpage, and the EAServer log file shows the following line: [OdbcConnection] ODBCError: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002, Msg: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified. As I figured out ( hopefully in a good way ), I have to create a proper data source configuration in the odbc.ini file. My question is: How can I get a Linux driver for SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5? O...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Web resources about - CLUSTERING IN EASERVER 5.5 - sybase.easerver.general

Hierarchical clustering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In general, the merges and splits are determined in a greedy manner. The results of hierarchical clustering are usually presented in a dendrogram ...

Facebook Now Clustering One Line Feed Stories From Apps
... Platform applications. When an application generates multiple one-line stories for a user during a 24 hour period, Facebook is now clustering ...

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering
Computerworld Australia is the leading source of technology news, analysis and tools for IT decision makers, managers and professionals. ...

The Active Advantage: Why Networking Leaders Are Embracing ADC Clustering
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

A more intuitive approach to computerized clustering
A new algorithm combines the best features of two of its predecessors. Clustering algorithms help parse large amounts of data, find correlations ...

Mesosphere Aims Twitter Clustering Tool At the Enterprise
Mesosphere has closed new funding to help it bring the open-source Mesos software to a wider audience

Mesosphere aims Twitter clustering tool at the enterprise
Apache Mesos, a software package for managing large compute clusters that's been credited with helping Twitter to kill its Fail Whale, is being ...

Idea: Clustering - The Economist
Clustering is the phenomenon whereby firms from the same industry gather together in close proximity. It is particularly evident in industries ...