About sockets

May be this das not belong hire but I need to know.
How can I determent that the packet was realy sent and received?
How to disconect socket when there is no function for disconect?
0
Milan

Milan,

there is no way to see what is transmitted on the socket without doing
hardward sniffing.  as for closing the connection check out the property
SocketReuseLimit.  If you set that to 1 then it will close the connection
after every call.

--
Scott McReynolds
Engineering Manager

<Milan> wrote in message
> May be this das not belong hire but I need to know.
> How can I determent that the packet was realy sent and received?
> How to disconect socket when there is no function for disconect?

0
Scott

What generals generally do

easerver.general slow?
I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago. Is this just me, or is it a common problem? I'm using Outlook as my reader... D I see no difference. "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in message news:DaIHcNkYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com... > I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and > webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it ...

EAServer General Questions
Hello group, I trying to find some info that a customer asked but I cannot. Here they are: 1. Benchmarks in the TCP-W standard 2. Documented info regarding SMP (support, load balancing). I only found 3 lines in the EAServer manuals 3. Any documented info regarding the max concurent users etc. I know that it is 60-80 per cpu but there is no document showing these things. If anyone can help please do Regards Dimitris Karistinos 3) "CPU Sizing for Concurrent Client Connections to EAServer." id=1019577 Also see from Jonathan Baker in a thread here called &qu...

Another EAServer general question
We are considering purchasing software from a consulting company written in JAVA. I would like to require that it run on EAServer. Is there any good reason that would not be possible? If not EAServer wouldn't that software have to run either locally on a machine or if I want multiple users to use the same software on some app. server like Weblogic or Websphere of EAServer? If it's straight Java, it may not run in a J2EE container. (It should, and you could probably ask for it, but it's not a requirement). If however, the Java software is J2EE compliant (which you *shou...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Need general info about EAServer ?
We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on Sun-Solaris (SPARC). I require the following information : 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also tell me the position of EAServer ? 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ? 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or EJB or COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to Performance and other issues ? Thanks, Shaik ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_lis...

Is there a general batch scheduling engine available for EAServer?
I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this facility? Brett. Hi, You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at the current time and then calculate the sleeptime. In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component will run once a day at the same hour. On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400, in sybase.public.easerver.general <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote: >I am interested in using Service Components in for ...

Socket to Socket example needed
Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set up a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate any examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks. Rob McGinness Rutland Regional Medical Center 802-747-6526 rmcginness@rrmc.org I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives two socket conections. If you try to build such module, you must create two protocol objects within the project. Each protocol object can control its own related objects (frame, port, open, close, etc.) > Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set > up a socket to socke...

ext/Socket/Socket.xs
In Socket.xs do I take it that this if (strEQ(name, "MSG_CTRUNC")) #if defined(MSG_TRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ return MSG_CTRUNC; #else goto not_there; #endif should be MSG_CTRUNC? As in: #if defined(MSG_CTRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ Secondly, Socket.pm EXPORTs MSG_URG, but there is no code to generate it in Socket.xs. Was this an oversight somewhere? Nicholas Clark On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 03:03:46PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote: > In Socket.xs do I take it that this > > if (strEQ(...

Socket
Dear The Expert, Where can I find complete articles for implementing windows socket in ASP.NET? TIA Winan...

general
Name: Darran Logie Email: hawkalmightyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general Comments: firefox i have always found to be excellent. All the little addons and constant refinements are always welcomed. At the moment the only thing i am missing is download manager as its not compatible with the current version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

General
In sybase for the column what datatype the sybase expert's suggest either char or varchar? I heared that while doing update statistics ... the varchar is costlier than the space occupied by char. Please share your knowledge. Thanks and Best Regards Gopi Chand T. The choice between "varchar" and "char" doesn't have much of anything to do with the performance of "update statistics" that I know of. There is a small performance penalty for accessing variable length data on the row, but it would only be notable under very high load. Take a...

SOCKET
Hi all!!! Can any body help me with some information or docs about Sockets with Power Builder. I'm Working with PB 6.5, but if you have an example in PB 7 I can use it. Now I'm waiting for your help. :-) If you mean three-tier apps, pb has it's own communication objects (transport, connection). If you need something more than that you can use third-party libraries as OLE objects, because you can't work from pob directly with wsock32.dll. <CARRADINE> wrote in message news:1111D847FE7E5A290058E38C85256C75.0058E3D185256C75@webforums... > Hi all!...

socket
Hola, qualcuno sa dirmi perch�: #!/usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"; } $|=1; $socket=IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr =>$host, PeerPort=>80, Proto=>"TCP") || die"$!\n"; print $socket "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"; while(<$socket>){ print"$_\n"; } close($socket); FUNZIONA (scrivi e leggo dal socket),mentre al contrario: #!/usr/bin/perl use Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"...

Socket
How to get the ipaddress of the client machine using Socket programing,i want to check which r the pc's r connected to the server using vb.net any example will be very helpfull for me thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPras© If you're representing the client as a Socket, this class has a RemoteEndPoint Public property that is of type EndPoint. It encapsulates information about the client. If you're representing the client as a TcpClient, this class has a Protected Client property of type Socket (thus getting to the RemoteEndPoint). Protected meaning you have ...

Web resources about - About sockets - sybase.easerver.general

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AC power plugs and sockets are devices that allow electrically operated equipment to be connected to the primary alternating current (AC) power ...

Ratcheting-Socket-Wrench-22156-480x360 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Free Photos – 3/8-Inch Ratcheting Socket Wrench / Chrome Socket Wrench /Repair and Fix Tool kits More photos and details about possible copyright ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Meet Beam, the Android projector that turns any light bulb socket into an entertainment center
In case you were looking for an out-of-the-box smart projector, then Beam might be worth looking into. The unusual-looking device has just been ...

A charred eye socket provides proof that 43 missing Mexico students are dead
People gather outside of the home of Alexander Mora, one of 43 college students missing since September whose charred remains have now been positively ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
Launches x86 PowerEdge servers in bid to carve out more high-end server market share Read More

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...