Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's???

We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs and
were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7.  If I upgrade to
pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need
to rebuild all the DLL's?  I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable doing
it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's
on the network.

I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03
was faster network execution of DLL's.  Is this true?

thanks

jack

0
Jack
8/17/2001 4:28:57 PM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jack,

Although it sometimes don't cause major problems, you should avoid mixing
compiled objects with different runtimes. It could cause unpredictable
results due to compilation changes.

As I know, the enhancements for fast network execution are related to IDE,
in development mode, not runtime.

HTH,

Wendell.

"Jack Addington" <jack.addington@edg.mea.com> wrote in message
> We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs
and
> were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7.  If I upgrade to
> pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need
> to rebuild all the DLL's?  I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable
doing
> it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's
> on the network.
>
> I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03
> was faster network execution of DLL's.  Is this true?
>
> thanks
>
> jack

0
Wendell

How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?
SOS. How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?Thanks...

Which .dll's can cause errors in PB .dll's
I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB ..dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. I know that drivers to some HP printers can cause errors in PB programs. Have a nice day! Joanna Any DLL that PB interacts with can result in errors... /ck "Joanna Owczarzak" <windows@poznan.varico.com> wrote in message news:P1Ms22iLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB > .dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. > I know that drivers to some H...

GPF's In PB DLL's
Hello, I have posted already regarding a gpf we encounter in pbrte050.dll. We are currently in the midst of researching several gpf's that are occuring in different PowerBuilder dlls when running our application. We are using PB 5.0.03 (32 Bit) with SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 (build 884). The following are the regularly reported gpfs we are seeing: APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBRTF050.DLL @ 0137:10d01c9e APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 0137:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 014F:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVA...

DLL's obfuscated using DotFuscator when deployed don't work and the DLL's are easily decompiled. What to do?
I used DotFuscator Community edition that ships with VS2005 to obfuscate some of the DLL's from my PreCompiled website. When I deploy these obfuscated DLL's on the webserver, my site doesn't work. If I revert back to my old DLL's fo my precompiled website, it works fine. Secondly, the DLL's obfuscated with DotFuscator Community Edition are easily decompiled to the original source code using a decompiler like Salamander .NET decompiler (http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/). Then, whats the use of this DotFuscator if it can't obfuscate the DLL's. Ple...

API's and dll's
Could anyone please shortly explain to me how API's and Dll's are used in ASP.NET I need to be able to access Windows API's to list all SQL servers on our network. If I want to use a dll to call and return this, do I have to write it in .NET, or will my old VB6 dll be good enough if I add it from the COM tab ? Can ASP.NEt talk to the Windows API's? If so, is is called from the client machine or the server - or can it call it from both ? Thanks. Graham I think, accessing Windows API directly is not possible. But there is a great solution: Write a COM-object in VB6 that...

PBD's OR DLL's
I have written an application and currently deploy this with an .exe and several pbd's. What is the difference between checking PBD in the application painter? -- Regards, John If you don't check the "PBD" option in the painter, then all referenced objects in that PBL get compiled into the .EXE file. This causes problems for dynamically referenced objects (many datawindows) unless you're very careful about your .PSR files. If you compile to PBD, then all of the objects in the PBL are there. Other than that, AFAIK, it's just a preference on...

PBD's and DLL's Together?
Can I compile a PB application into DLL's and have it direct call an object in another PB application compiled into PBD's? I'm sure you're trying to figure out why. I have a really math intensive application that works well and gives me the answers I expect when compiled into PBD's. However, when I compile it into DLL's, it changes the results. I can call the DLL function from a Java front end but I can't call the PBD. If I can write a Java front end to call a PB DLL which then calls a PB PBD, I should be able to get around my transport.listen() woe...

DLL's vs PBD's
Hi everyone, We currently use dll's in our application deployments... would anyone have any idea where I can find some definitive reference material on pbd vs. dll rollouts? I am under the impression that pbd's are better but need supporting material. Thanks for any help. If you search this NG at groups.google.com you will find the topic has been beaten to death. Short version: DLLs take twice as long to compile, are twice as big, are more prone to inconsistent behavior, and only provide noticeable speed improvement if you are doing lots of PowerScript, for instance st...

What .dll's required for PB 7.0.3 distribution
Can someone tell me what .dll are required to be distributed for PB 7.0.3. Thanks. http://manuals.sybase.com:80/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0702e/apptech/@Generic__Boo kTextView/46027;pt=46027#X On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:45:39 -0700, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Ed Willis <edwilliswork@email.com> wrote: >Can someone tell me what .dll are required to be distributed for PB 7.0.3. > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Dynamically load the dll's on user's selection
Hi ,  I am in a need to load the dll's dynamically ,based on user's selection and get them added to the References of Solution Explorer in the application(VS 2008,c#) .How can I proceed with this requirement? Any pointers to this would be of great  help. Thanks in advance.   You can use System.Reflection.Assembly.Load().Hope it helps. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog Pratibha_Pillai:Hi ,  I am in a need to load the dll's dynamically ,based on user's selection and get them added to the References of Solution Explorer in the application(...

How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function
How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function, so that DLL can call back PB's function. Chia, PB does not support callbacks. The next best thing you can do it create a C++ user object using the Watcom C++ Class Builder that ships with PB Enterprise -- have that object handle the callback. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamPS] chia <chia@mail.jlce.edu.cn> wrote in message news:eEj7X6qd#GA.116@forums.sybase.com... > How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function, > so that DLL can call back PB's function. > > A ...

Needed List of RunTime File's / DLL's.
Can someone give me the list of needed Runtime File's / DLL's needed for PB7 applications. Thanks. Refer to the following Sybase info: <http://www.sybase.com/content/1001114/deploymentinfo.pdf> //Martin "DJD" <djd@str.org> wrote in message news:#6Ke$1CeBHA.346@forums.sybase.com... > Can someone give me the list of needed Runtime File's / DLL's needed for PB7 > applications. > > Thanks. > > Go here, it lists them all: http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0702e/apptech/@Generic__BookView Acco...

PB6 Executable Blows up when PBL's are compiled as DLL'S
Hello, Can anyone figure this one out? I developed an application in PB6 and compiled the PBL's into DLL's. I have a window with two datawindows on it that are used for dragging and dropping between each other. Well when I open the window up I can move the mouse around the whole window with no problems. But when I move it over a datawindow the applcation blows up due to the following: The instruction at "0x11217ec9" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the application Click CANCEL to debug the...

Web resources about - Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's??? - sybase.distributed